Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Texas Prisons Have Stopped Serving Weekend Lunches

Texas Hospitals Have stopped serving weekend lunches to patients!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    Look, I'm not saying that these guys are good people, but I don't agree with this. It's true, what's next? No medical care, no basic hygiene, etc.?
    Don't worry, they won't starve to death with just 2 meals a day. A lot of less fortunate people in the streets that do not eat even a single meal in a day....
    We were born to succeed, not to fail.

I was watching something on prisons last night, & an American in an Australian prison said that he would NOT be applying to go back to the US to do his time (eventhough he was in max security in Aus), & a Aussie Warden made the point that being in prison was the punishment, not that they need to be punished while in prison.
    I thought that it was an interesting distinction.
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    I was watching something on prisons last night, & an American in an Australian prison said that he would NOT be applying to go back to the US to do his time (eventhough he was in max security in Aus), & a Aussie Warden made the point that being in prison was the punishment, not that they need to be punished while in prison.
    I thought that it was an interesting distinction.
    That's kind of how I feel, that the isolation and deprivation of freedom should be punishment enough. It shouldn't be a picnic, but it also shouldn't dehumanise or seek to make the person worse than when they went in.

Maybe our attitude stems from our origins as a penal colony.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

It was an interesting program on the high security prison on Perth including the % of aboriginals in custody, which they said were more than when S Africa was at the bight of apardtide. The warden was interesting on it, but it was an old program.
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by jcsites View Post
    A lot of less fortunate people in the streets that do not eat even a single meal in a day....
    Yes, the thought of starving homeless people makes me do a little kooky dance too. Freakin' hilarious. Why don't you feed them your spam you little asswipe?

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

I'm posting this from another forum, where one of the posters commented on what life in prison is like. I hope I'm not breaking any rules, but I am not identifying which forum or who the poster is. It's pretty interesting.

"But regarding life in prison, I have been there, and it's too horrific for words. It's not "three hots and a cot" and it's not... it's nothing anything anyone could imagine. I've seen the prison shows, too, but there are some things it's impossible to capture on video.

First thing that comes to mind is the smell. You cannot smell, well, THAT, from watching a documentary. And after a few days, you get this terrible feeling that you'll never be rid of it, no matter how hard you scrub when you're released, it feels like it's always gonna be there, it's kind of a part of you, and that notion is terrifying.

Another thing that's hard to describe is that the entire place is concrete and metal. It doesn't sound bad necessarily, but it's amazing how crazy that can make you. The "mirrors" are metal, and all you see is a blur (depends on how new the "mirror" is, but it's a clear blur at best). It isn't made up of wood and carpeting and windows and just... the things the world is made of. The filthiest, nastiest concrete and metal in the world, that's all you're going to see.

The sounds are horrific 24/7. Screaming, always screaming. Not even words sometimes, just screams. I guess they mute those a little on TV so the audience can hear the narrator or whatever, but it's absolutely terrifying.
    Perhaps it was only the place where I was, but the florescent lights never went out. Ever. There was no real concept of time for me. And when I would find out the time and day, I was always shocked that not more time had passed.

There is food. But, I don't know how to put this, but it's just so nasty in there, food isn't like it is for us. You don't want to touch it, let alone put it into your body. I ate only enough to live, no more, and I dreaded seeing those awful trays. And I like food, I enjoy it. But those "three hots" aren't what it seems at all. It simply is not food as we know it, it's not even close. I just got used to people taking the edible things from my tray, no way was I going to stop them, I was terrified of them.

And there is no "cot". There is a slab of concrete with a very used and stained mattress that is so thin the cold of the concrete is numbing. You don't even wanna think of who else slept on that mattress. Dirty clothes in a net-type sack are used for pillows.

Another part that's hard to understand without being there is how you are no longer human once you enter that place. By the time your orifices are checked and you are smeared with a terrible lice-killing agent and shown to your cell, you realize that whatever you did was not worth it (you realize that beforehand, but it really hits home then). And God help you if you're innocent, because it really tests your fate. The guards treat you like trash, absolute trash. You left the person you were outside, and it's not coming back in there. Ever. A woman who had to scrub the showers offered me a Coke once if I'd do the job for her. I was afraid not to, and I couldn't even remember when I'd had a soda. I would've done it without the promise of the drink; I was afraid of her. But she did give me a can of room temperature Coke. It tasted so good I cried, and I cried really hard.

I was made to stay there until my trial, where I was acquitted. I hadn't done a thing wrong. My teenage daughter was angry at me, and made up an horrific story that the police believed. I was served divorce papers in there after a marriage of over 20 years. I never had a single visitor or a single cent in my "account". My daughter only found a conscience after over three years, and now the family realizes they were wrong. I've never even spanked a child (and I raised four) -- not even a slap on the wrist. She drew marks around her neck, with the help of her older sisters, who also came clean. By then, my marriage was legally (and otherwise) over and I pretty much lost everything I ever had. I lost time with my son, who was only 11 at the time, and he needed me.

Job applications ask "Have you ever been arrested for a felony?" Always. It doesn't matter that I didn't do it, or it doesn't seem to. It also takes away the sense of... of "I'm a good person, I'll never go to jail." Because I'm not only a good person, I was and am a damned good mother. But I will always have been arrested for assault on a juvenille (she was five months away from being 18 at the time). I live in a constant terror that I'll be accused of something I didn't do, because once it happens and you realize it can, the fear never goes away.

I'm not even going to mention the "GWH" thing (gay while here)... because it's just too hard. I have nothing against gays, my God look at my UserName here... my favorite person in all the world is gay! But sometimes, when I catch a whiff of this awful mix of underarm odor and some kind of hair oil, I remember incidents too horrific for words.

I say that to say this: If you believe (as I do) that criminals should be treated like criminals, rest easy, it's happening. I cannot speak for every prison or workhouse or jail, but I can tell you what I know. And not even covering a quarter of it, I kid you not.

Please don't get me wrong. I am in NO way saying there aren't people who deserve to be treated this way, prison SHOULD be terrible. I just wanted to say that for a great many, it truly is. There are no words, there are simply no words.
    And it kills me to know there are innocent people in there. I know, I was there and I was innocent. It is like living in a nightmare from which you cannot awaken. Even good dreams are terrible, because you wake up and have to realize it was all just that, a dream."

Wow. That was very powerful stuff. If that was my daughters that had done that to me, they would no longer be addressed in any manner at all.
    I would never look their way again.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I spent 4 days in jail for traffic tickets when I was 5 months pregnant. I had a gym mat on the fucking floor.
    Posted from my iPhone
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

thanks for posting that missbazilb! According to my brother, people just sit in jail, not able to do anything... alarm would go off at about 3:00 or 4:00 in the morning. breakfast would come at about 4:00, they kept it so cold in there that the prisoners could barely stand it. Where my brother was, he wasn't even allowed to cover up with his blanket after the alarm went off. If they caught them using their blankets/trying to get warm, they would take their beds, blankets, sheets - everything. Jail/prison isn't just about taking someone's freedom anymore, its about dehumanizing them. institutionalizing them. treating them worse than a stray animal would be treated. It's about imposing terrible conditions on people just because they are in jail - even before they are convicted.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

^^ the stuff you guys posted here is absolutely horrific. it sounds like we're talking about russian or chinese prisons here. resocializing the prisoners should be the number one priority, not dehumanizing them. i've seen documentaries about german prisons and the ("normal") prisoners are even allowed to have TVs, a playstation, books, etc. in their cells.

if people are indeed treated this bad in "normal" prisons, then i don't even wanna know what's going on in guantanamo.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

My husband was a NYS Corrections Officer prior to going into the NPD. He left Corrections after 2 years for one simple reason... prison is horrific and even as a guard you're subjected some outlandish shit.

Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    ^^ the stuff you guys posted here is absolutely horrific. it sounds like we're talking about russian or chinese prisons here. resocializing the prisoners should be the number one priority, not dehumanizing them. i've seen documentaries about german prisons and the ("normal") prisoners are even allowed to have TVs, a playstation, books, etc. in their cells.

if people are indeed treated this bad in "normal" prisons, then i don't even wanna know what's going on in guantanamo.
    yeah well i don't think it's a coincidence there's a lot less violent crime and recidivism in europe than there is in the US... but it's like the war on drugs: despite all the evidence that it's not working, they refuse to change their way of thinking.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    I spent 4 days in jail for traffic tickets when I was 5 months pregnant. I had a gym mat on the fucking floor.
    Posted from my iPhone
    Good grief,JKM! How many tickets did you have? It must have been a world record!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Two meals/day is acceptable. Like the guy said, don't like it, don't end up there.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information