Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree139Likes

Thread: Switched Baby Breastfed By Wrong Mom

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia;2882100[B
    ]Lifestyle choice. Wow.[/B] Anybody who has sex can get HIV, so I must deduce that anybody who has sex is dirty. I like sex. I've had lots of it and plan to have lots more. Ew, how gross and dirty I am.

going to take an hour-long scalding shower, brb
    I think the bashing has now been taken to extremes.

Reading this thread as a medical layman it did sound as if the breastfeeder was positive for both HIV & Hep C. Only after Ms.Dark gave some background info everybody was able to fall back on 'being educated 30 years down the line'.

Osakan wasn't calling all Egyptians or sexually active people skanks, s/he called a US American woman (mistakenly thought to be positive for both diseases) a skank. Not 30 years ago, but right now.

So here's my problem: 30 years ago, 20 years ago people were slain by those diseases due to non-education. Blood transfers, lack of protection, etc. But in the here and now, with all the testing going on, all the 30 YEARS EDUCATION we've had, hearing asbout someone being positive for HIV and Hep C... my mind went to drug user/possible prostitute as well. Talking about a woman in the US in 2012.

Osakan might have simply misunderstood the original report (like Montana, who was questioning the woman's choice to breastfeed for example).
    I'm sorry for everybody who has lost a loved one to either disease, but I didn't read Osakan's initial post as "Everybody who's ever contracted HIV or Hep C is a dirty skank". Yet that's what it's turned into here.

Taking the position that someone with these diseases must be dirty is ignorant. It helps spread the diseases because people think, "oh I'm not a prostitute/drug user/whore so this can't happen to me." Even if someone contracted these diseases through being a dirty, dirty whore, they are paying a very high price for their choices. Calling them names and looking down on them serves no purpose except to make people feel superior and therefore, immune to the same problems. Which of course is delusional and lacking in all human empathy.

Mercer, take a look back at page two. I can't quote on this silly phone of mine. Oskan was saying people with HIV and Hep C are skanks. Not just this woman.
    Waterslide, Butterfly and sluce like this.

Mercer, I could understand if Osakan misunderstood the article or somehow misspoke. The first comment was bad enough, but their second response in their own defense certainly didn't help matters. This is how the initial conversation went.

Quote Originally Posted by Osakan View Post
    The woman who breasted must have been a real skank if she had hepatitis and HIV. I picture a real beauty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    What? Not everyone with hepatitis and/or HIV are "skanks."
    Depends on your definition of the word. They are dirty to me.
    Laurent, sluce, Brookie and 2 others like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Here's the way I look at it. A lot of us have made mistakes when it comes to sexual encounters. We're not always as careful as we should be. A mistake doesn't make you dirty or a skank.
    shedevilang likes this.

A*O

The real issue is that even after all the efforts to increase education and awareness about avoiding HIV/Hep/unwanted pregnancy, etc people obviously still have unprotected sex, share needles and other risky behaviour. Ignorance is no longer an excuse but it seems to be the main reason for this dangerous behaviour and how it's perceived. Why is the message still not getting through?
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Because people will always assume that it'll never happen to them...until it does.

The thing that really pisses me off about Osakan, other than the assumption that all people with a sexually transmitted disease are dirty skanks, is the inference behind it that a woman who enjoys sex is also a dirty skank. That inference that women shouldn't enjoy sex because it's taboo, and if she says out loud that she does enjoy it she is saying something awful that will make people think less of her.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

A health issue resulting from lifestyle issues. I don't know the woman in question and I don't know what form of hepatitis she has. If they fear she might have transmitted it then I suspect it's B or C. Those and HIV generally result from lifestyle choices. Right? If I were the parent I would immediately want to know her drug history. I actually wouldn't be too worried about the viruses but I would demand the mother be drug tested. Did I denigrate an entire community with that statement?
    So much ignorance

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    What an uneducated, judgemental asshole you are. No where does it say the other mother has any health issues but you just jump in and call her dirty and presume to know about her lifestyle. Jesus Christ why are there people like you in the world? (I'll take my infraction now)
    what this bitch said
    Thank you for saying what you really think. Nice to see you aren't judgmental and such.
    Oh wow really you are going to call someone judgmental
    No, but I received an infraction for them. "Bad language"? Really?! Not in my opinion but then again my opinion IS the problem. Off to church. The Mormon Church.
    yes your opinion IS a problem, it's called stupidity

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    I wasn't aware that a pillar of the mormon faith was medical ignorance and broad judgmant. Sciance and education trumps religion every day of the week and twice on sunday.
    I love when you get all smartacles and stuff

My uncle died of Hiv/Aids and him being gay I guess would be a lifestyle "choice" by some fucking idiots but it didn't make it any easier to watch him die. He was never "dirty or a skank" he was fucking fabulous.
    Lobelia, sluce, Novice and 1 others like this.
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Quote Originally Posted by Mercer View Post
    But in the here and now, with all the testing going on, all the 30 YEARS EDUCATION we've had, hearing asbout someone being positive for HIV and Hep C... my mind went to drug user/possible prostitute as well. Talking about a woman in the US in 2012.
    How about a woman whose husband is sleeping around and passes the disease on to her? Or does that never happen anymore.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

It did as recently as 1999. I did a report on STD transmission and a surprisingly large percentage of STD transmission had taken place between married couples where one half had been unfaithful. As in, a higher percentage of people with AIDS got it from their spouse than got it from sharing needles.

I wish I had that thing around so I could cite my sources
    shedevilang likes this.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

I want it in MLA format.
    WhateverLolaWants likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Don't make me put my hair in a pony tail!
    sluce likes this.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Quote Originally Posted by WhateverLolaWants View Post
    It did as recently as 1999. I did a report on STD transmission and a surprisingly large percentage of STD transmission had taken place between married couples where one half had been unfaithful. As in, a higher percentage of people with AIDS got it from their spouse than got it from sharing needles.

I wish I had that thing around so I could cite my sources
    Where's your research, Becky?
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

Tsk, Becky came unprepared again.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I believe her proof is in the pudding.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information