Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree139Likes

Thread: Switched Baby Breastfed By Wrong Mom

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeSlice View Post
    Coconut tits too!

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

In Texas, I had to be tested for HIV while pregnant, by law. Guess that's not the case in MN. Anyway, it's not super easy to transmit HIV or other diseases via breast milk. This lady should probably chill about that part of it.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

The woman who breasted must have been a real skank if she had hepatitis and HIV. I picture a real beauty.

Maybe I'm one of those hysterical mothers, but I know I would have freaked the fuck out if they gave my baby to another woman to nurse.

I'm hoping the testing is just a precaution. I would hate to think that a woman would breastfeed her own children if she had HIV.
    Butterfly, Ravenna and McJag like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Osakan View Post
    The woman who breasted must have been a real skank if she had hepatitis and HIV. I picture a real beauty.
    What? Not everyone with hepatitis and/or HIV are "skanks."
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    I'm betting the "traumatized" Mom went to the press out of the goodness of her heart to make sure this won't happen to others. She, of course, had to make sure she told the part of being too traumatized to have the homecoming she had so carefully planned. That will play well to a jury of it gets that far. I predict a nice quick settlement.
    In her own words: "I imagined getting up and getting ready and having Cody in the car with his big brother and coming home as a happy family," Van Dyke said. "We were going to videotape the homecoming, showing his room, and I couldn't stop crying. I couldn't put myself together, because it wasn't what I had imagined all this time."

Excuse me while I vomit, lady, overreact much? Oh, noes, I didn't get to film Cody's perfect homecoming!

That said, even at the thought of another woman breastfeeding my kid I would be beyond livid. Don't care if she's healthy or not, I would want heads to roll for this.
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    What? Not everyone with hepatitis and/or HIV are "skanks."
    Depends on your definition of the word. They are dirty to me.

Depends on your definition of the word. They are dirty to me.
    I DARE you to say that to any of my wonderful CLEAN friends living with HIV.

Oh, you dare me? How delightful.
    ManxMouse likes this.

As delightful as denigrating a community of people with a health issue.
    Butterfly and chartreuse like this.

A health issue resulting from lifestyle issues. I don't know the woman in question and I don't know what form of hepatitis she has. If they fear she might have transmitted it then I suspect it's B or C. Those and HIV generally result from lifestyle choices. Right? If I were the parent I would immediately want to know her drug history. I actually wouldn't be too worried about the viruses but I would demand the mother be drug tested. Did I denigrate an entire community with that statement?

A health issue resulting from lifestyle issues. I don't know the woman in question and I don't know what form of hepatitis she has. If they fear she might have transmitted it then I suspect it's B or C. Those and HIV generally result from lifestyle choices. Right? If I were the parent I would immediately want to know her drug history. I actually wouldn't be too worried about the viruses but I would demand the mother be drug tested. Did I denigrate an entire community with that statement?

By using the words "skanks" and "dirty" you sure were offensive. "Lifestyle issue" bitch, please.
    Sarzy, Osakan, Butterfly and 1 others like this.

I didn't hear anything about the woman having a disease, so I'm positive the testing is just a precaution. But presence of certain diseases today are exactly why we have standard precautions in healthcare. You are to assume that anyone/everyone could possibly be HIV/Hepatitis/etc. positive until proven otherwise.

Regardless of how clean-cut vs. dirty and skanky they look, I might add. There are hookers and junkies in existence who've managed to avoid these diseases and there are housewives, elderly and children who have tested positive.

So yeah, I'd be a little nervous until at least two tests on my baby came back negative, no matter how nice and respectable a person she looked like.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I admit I misinterpretted the article and assumed that there was some evidence of illness to require the ongoing testing. But presuming 'lifestyle choices' as responsible for contracting HIV or hep is exceptionally small minded and pathetic. It's as if all of the education on these diseases since the early 80s never existed. Small minded bigotry makes me sad.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information