Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Saddam Hussein's a GONER. He'll be hanged by Sunday 12/31

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Nah; that sicko Anderson Cooper will show that shit for sure. He loves showing that type of shit on his news show.

Crap the apocalypse is near. I agree with Bill O'Reilly's commentary

www.foxnews.com

The Execution of Saddam Hussein

Friday , December 29, 2006

By Bill O'Reilly

It is about 4 a.m. in Iraq and Saddam's fate is now in the hands of his countrymen, as American officials have or soon will hand him over to the Iraqi Central Authority in Baghdad.

We learned while we were in Iraq a couple of weeks ago that Saddam was being held near Camp Victory on the outskirts of Baghdad by U.S. forces. But, since the Iraqi justice system has condemned Hussein to death, the Iraqis themselves will execute him. And that's good because the people Saddam brutalized should take care of him.

Now, some people are objecting to Saddam's execution. I myself oppose capital punishment, but I also understand that in cases involving crimes against humanity — like this one — a statement has to be made to the world.

There is no difference between Saddam and the Nazis who were executed at Nuremberg. Mass murder is mass murder. Evil people who destroy thousands of lives must be held to account.

Politically, the government of Iraq must show the world that it is viable and this is a step in that direction.

Again, America has no right to tell Iraq how to deal with Saddam. In our own country we executed terrorist Tim McVeigh for killing hundreds in Oklahoma City and that was justice according to our system. So we all should sleep well tonight knowing Saddam got what he deserved. If the Iraqi people had sentenced Saddam to life in prison, I would not have had a problem with it. Again, it's up to them and the world should respect the decision.

Politically, Saddam's demise doesn't really change very much. There may be an up-tick in Iraqi violence. But those who oppose the war will continue to oppose it and those who support the Iraq campaign will continue to support it.

It's tragic that things in Iraq have gone so badly, because the USA did do a noble thing in removing this brutal killer. He had no legitimacy and no right to continue his reign of terror.

If the Iraqi people had rallied to the cause of freedom and unification, America would have been seen as a great victor. Instead we are bogged down in an awful situation that continues to cost American lives.

So summing up, Saddam Hussein will soon feel a noose tightening around his neck. It would not have happened except for the USA, but Iraq is a complicated, emotional and dangerous situation that will continue to cause pain long after Saddam is gone.

But at least he will be gone.

A*O
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

um omg; i think police depts. knew about this shit b/c i saw a shitload more of cops out tonite (i live in L.A. close to the airport) and i swear to gawd, it may be a holiday weekend, but still the number of cops i saw out tonite was a shitload more than any other holiday - even halloween or St. Patricks day! wieeeeeerd....

Quote Originally Posted by KristiB View Post
    Crap the apocalypse is near. I agree with Bill O'Reilly's commentary

www.foxnews.com

The Execution of Saddam Hussein

Friday , December 29, 2006

By Bill O'Reilly

But at least he will be gone.
    yeah and who's next? Who's oil-rich country with Bushey stomp into for no legal reason next in order to seize control of their natural resources and marginalize it's citizens?! Where's Osama Bin Laden? What does North Korea have that Bush wants? ... yeah thats what i thought.

Oh man, there's surely going to be a surge of insurgency in Iraq now. And the troops and Iraqi citizens are going to have to go through it, only it will be much worse from here on out.
    Was it really worth 3000 troops killed and thousands of civillians to excecute Saddam? Sure he was an evil scum-sucking POS and deserved to die, but was this war worth it? Is all the terrorism and insurgency going to stop now that he's dead?

The thing is, if there is any surge in violence, it's because those attacking the coalition forces and iraqi population will use that as an excuse to continue their violence. At least the sunni side I think. So regardless of whether saddam died or lived, things are still screwed as o'reilly alludes to. It doesn't really matter in the end.

^^ I agree, it doesn't really matter in the end. We may have handed him over to the Iraqis to execute him but we orchestrated the whole thing, that doesn't sit well.

had an interesting conversation with a cabbie yesterday. We were talking about the war and the mess in the world and the part religion plays throughout. Then he stopped and said, "How great this country is that you, a Christian woman, and I, a Muslim man, can sit in my taxi and talk liso openly. We can not do this where I come from. But does our freedom in America justify this war?"

I'm watching Dateline where they said Saddam would drink Johnnie Walker while watching videos of people being tortured. He lived a very lavish life. That's why I wonder why a life sentence to hard labor wouldn't have been more fitting? I remember a film, I can't recall the title, with Clive Owen where he was a Jewish prisoner in a concentration camp. He moved a rocks from one place to the other all day long. Now that would be punishment. I guess for those that believe in Hell, Saddam is going there.

Elite Member

I must be getting old or a little too compassionate in these last days of 2006. For some reason, I just don't feel the urge to celebrate that a man was killed today--yeah, even if he was an asshole. Maybe that's a good thing on my part, I don't know. I don't feel bad for the guy, but it's sad we still have executions in this day and age. But, hey, I look at it this way...if Jesus, a good, sinless man who came for peace was executed over 2,000 years ago and the world allowed it, then a bad man who murdered thousands deserves no mercy. Saddam chose his fate, he chose his destiny. We all meet our Maker. Tonight Saddam met his. What can you say? It all caught up to him.
    Last edited by PrettyGirl; December 30th, 2006 at 03:03 AM.

Default Saddam Hussein executed.

deleted!~~~
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Silver Member

Glad he's gone, sick asshole! On a side note I was watching 20/20 and Perez came on, spoke 2 sentances and they broke into the program with the news. Perez must have gone bullshit!

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Grainy cell phone video up at YouTube 12 hours ago claiming to be Saddam's hanging. Hard to tell if it's him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-DioiojxnU

Quote Originally Posted by UndercoverGator View Post
    Grainy cell phone video up at YouTube 12 hours ago claiming to be Saddam's hanging. Hard to tell if it's him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-DioiojxnU
    I thought he was hanged indoors... and he was the only one hanged.

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Notice I said "claiming"

I'm not convinced it's him at all but it was the only one I could find at Youtube. Surprised there weren't tons of them because this is just the sort of thing people would usually posting like mad.

I found these....

Now, if you don't want to see him get a noose wrapped around his neck, then dont click the link. They show him being brought into the gallows and getting him ready, but that's it - there is no footage of the actual hanging.

The second clip is of his body in the shroud - after death. Again, if you do not want to see a dead Saddam Hussein, do not click on the link.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=38e1076b19&p=1

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b3a00b5684&p=1

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information