Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Rapists can seek parental rights

The other mistake he made was to have sex with her. That's my point, if you want to be 100% sure, don't take the risk. He must be a bit naive if he couldn't see how nuts and determined she was, but she could have got pregnant one of the other nights she didn't poke holes in the condom, purely by accident. There's a risk every single time.
    MmeVertigina likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    ^^He is not the custodial parent, so he would still be responsible to pay child support until the child is 18, even if he signed his rights away. He has refused any contact anyway, so he is not taking advantage of any rights.
    Not if someone adopts the child. He will only be responsible for what he owed before the adoption. But no one can adopt the child until he signs his rights away.
    ConstanceSpry likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MmeVertigina View Post
    Not if someone adopts the child. He will only be responsible for what he owed before the adoption. But no one can adopt the child until he signs his rights away.
    I'll mention it to him, thanks for the suggestion.
    MmeVertigina likes this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    I'll mention it to him, thanks for the suggestion.

The mom sounds like a piece of work, so she might not want to make it that easy on him. But if there is a step-parent involved maybe they would want to have a say.

Quote Originally Posted by MmeVertigina View Post
    The mom sounds like a piece of work, so she might not want to make it that easy on him. But if there is a step-parent involved maybe they would want to have a say.
    Yes, another guy might come along eventually. From what I've heard, she IS already telling everyone she desperately wants a 2nd kid.

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    The other mistake he made was to have sex with her. That's my point, if you want to be 100% sure, don't take the risk. He must be a bit naive if he couldn't see how nuts and determined she was, but she could have got pregnant one of the other nights she didn't poke holes in the condom, purely by accident. There's a risk every single time.
    Taking up with her was not his smartest decision. But it's still harsh to pay for 18 years cause you misjudged someone. Plus, she is not doing the best thing for the child either. Welfare, food stamps, etc. instead of waiting until she is able to provide a stable financial situation.
    Last edited by ConstanceSpry; August 24th, 2012 at 10:56 PM.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    It is literally just one step away from the practice in certain countries of making a woman marry her rapist as away of preserving her honor and preventing a stoning.

From what I understand, this is how my grandmother ended up married to my "grandfather" only to be killed 8 years later by him.
    My mother was messed up from the get-go. Had me at 16 then I was soon after adopted.
    Proof all this crap against women is utter bullshyt and can effect future generations!
    I'm currently raising boys. I'll be damned if they even remotely have any part of this ass-backwards thinking and neither will my future generations.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information