Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Rapists can seek parental rights

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    Judge all you want, but if I get pregnant from a rape, that thing is getting hoovered out. Especially at my age. I've got my own health and a family to think of. And I've historically been of the mind that abortion was not something I could see myself doing. But there is no way in hell I could have a rape baby.
    I completely understand you, but I'm the opposite. I don't think i could have an abortion no matter what, and I am 100% pro-choice. Hell, I've taken more than one friend to have one. I just don't think i could do it myself, even at my age and with my health issues. It probably wouldn't be the best thing for the baby either.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

So can the woman sue her rapist for child support? If the rapist is entitled to parental rights, he should also be financially responsible. However, I totally agree with McJag and Mrs. Dark, I absolutely cannot relate to her decision to keep the pregnancy.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    I completely understand you, but I'm the opposite. I don't think i could have an abortion no matter what, and I am 100% pro-choice. Hell, I've taken more than one friend to have one. I just don't think i could do it myself, even at my age and with my health issues. It probably wouldn't be the best thing for the baby either.
    That's why I'd get it done way before a "baby" existed. Hopefully, emergency contraceptives ASAP after the event would prevent this situation.
    darksithbunny likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Oh yeah, I'd absolutely do the morning after pill. No doubt. That's not an abortion though. You would have never even known you were pregnant.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Yeah but even if that didn't work, I'd still get it done before a baby (or even a fetus, most likely) existed.

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

That's why I'd get it done way before a "baby" existed. Hopefully, emergency contraceptives ASAP after the event would prevent this situation.
    That reminds me -- that paleo tool Akin is also against Plan B contraceptives, supposedly on the theory that it could prevent a fertilized egg from implanting in the uterus.

So, in this guy's world, a woman who is raped literally has no choice on what to do about this from the very point when the rape is committed. With the net effect that they are forcing women to be passive incubators for whatever might happen from either a rape or even a voluntary sexual encounter.

I would do it in a heartbeat. Bear a child conceived in terror by some perverted woman hating lowlife? There is no way. I don't care what state laws are (even though that is outrageous) I would happily mail him the fetus if I knew his address.
    I do not want those genes mixed with my families decent,loving ones. Not gonna happen.
    Look what this child is being subjected to-none of it her fault.
    Her father was a rapist, but her mother allowed this to happen just as much.
    At the very least she could have flat lied about the father from the beginning.
    Any man with a gun can control your body. If you live through it,take control yourself.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Judge all you want, but if I get pregnant from a rape, that thing is getting hoovered out. Especially at my age. I've got my own health and a family to think of. And I've historically been of the mind that abortion was not something I could see myself doing. But there is no way in hell I could have a rape baby.
    Same here. I would hate to have an abortion, but there is no way I could go through with a rape pregnancy. Just no way.

However...

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    I have trouble with her decision here.
    I would not carry a rapists child to term. No way. That gene pool should never be carried forward,IMO. Not by me,anyway.
    I would do it in a heartbeat. Bear a child conceived in terror by some perverted woman hating lowlife? There is no way. I don't care what state laws are (even though that is outrageous) I would happily mail him the fetus if I knew his address.
    I do not want those genes mixed with my families decent,loving ones. Not gonna happen.
    Any man with a gun can control your body. If you live through it,take control yourself.
    I think it is wrong to judge those who do.

I would have an abortion as well, but yeah, I am not going to judge someone who keeps their baby conceived from rape....

I also don't think that the baby is some evil seed because the father was a rapist. I am sure there are plenty of women that were raped and had the baby and loved it, raised it well and ended up bringing great people into this world despite how they were conceived.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadDwarf View Post
    I would have an abortion as well, but yeah, I am not going to judge someone who keeps their baby conceived from rape....

I also don't think that the baby is some evil seed because the father was a rapist. I am sure there are plenty of women that were raped and had the baby and loved it, raised it well and ended up bringing great people into this world despite how they were conceived.
    I'm thinking about all the babies born to Chinese "comfort women" in brothels in China set up by Japanese soldiers prior to World War II. I can't even wrap my head around what that would have been like as well as the social consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post

I think it is wrong to judge those who do.
    Maybe I am judging her. Maybe I am just stating facts. Mostly I am saying I would never have made this choice and why I would never make this choice.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Situations like this are exactly why even at my most "conservative" (which was in my early to mid 20's and would probably be considered liberal by the standards of today's far-right neocons) I could never agree with abortion being outlawed. Even today, I think this is a tipping point for a lot of folks. I was pleasantly surprised...not to mention relieved...that stupid personhood amendment was voted down in MS.

They're doing their damnedest to sneak this legislation (that would effectively overturn Roe v. Wade) into other states and probably federal law. But anyone with half a brain and some reading comprehension can see through this bullshit. And I consider it doing a public service to point it out whenever and wherever there are large numbers of people lacking the common sense to do so. How anyone with a vagina can vote Republican at this point in time is beyond me.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by DeadDwarf View Post

I agree with that. Good, loving parents can produce someone who is a sick, evil bastard and sick, evil bastards can produce children who grow up to be loving and kind. We can be so much more than half (or the whole) of the genetic material that came together to create us. I know that I am.

But again, it is entirely the woman's choice about whether to continue with a pregnancy and noone should ever, ever take that away from her.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    I agree with that. Good, loving parents can produce someone who is a sick, evil bastard and sick, evil bastards can produce children who grow up to be loving and kind. We can be so much more than half (or the whole) of the genetic material that came together to create us. I know that I am.
    Without a doubt,this is true.

Situations like this are exactly why even at my most "conservative" (which was in my early to mid 20's and would probably be considered liberal by the standards of today's far-right neocons) I could never agree with abortion being outlawed. Even today, I think this is a tipping point for a lot of folks. I was pleasantly surprised...not to mention relieved...that stupid personhood amendment was voted down in MS.

They're doing their damnedest to sneak this legislation (that would effectively overturn Roe v. Wade) into other states and probably federal law. But anyone with half a brain and some reading comprehension can see through this bullshit. And I consider it doing a public service to point it out whenever and wherever there are large numbers of people lacking the common sense to do so. How anyone with a vagina can vote Republican at this point in time is beyond me.
    I agree 100%. Women,pay attention. Men who actually love women,same thing. I miss Molly Ivins. She would slice & dice Republicans right up front.
    Last edited by Tati; August 23rd, 2012 at 01:39 PM.

Just because the father was a rapist it doesn't mean the baby would be born bad. There's bad seeds in lots of families, it doesn't mean they're all the same.

I'd take the morning after pill but I don't think I could ever have an abortion. But luckily I've never been in that situation, so who knows.

I do know someone who had her rapist's baby and everything turned out as ok as it could in such a situation.

But rapists having parental rights? That's absolutely absurd.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information