Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree460Likes

Thread: Rachel Dolezal, NAACP Leader, Questioned About Race as Parents Say She’s White

^^
    narcissism and attention-seeking were my first impressions of her too. i mean, once i stopped laughing (ok, i haven't quite stopped laughing yet). i think her narcissism and attention seeking basically led to a sort of identity munchhausen whereby she identified with and gave herself the identity which best suited her needs and beliefs.
    Just Kill Me likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Elite Member

Completely agree ^
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

I have a Facebook friend who is white and is always posting about racism and white privilege. She is the first person I thought about when this story came out, and everybody posted the article on her Timeline and looked for her response. She was pretty much speechless. But with Rachel Dolezal, when she talks about white privilege, it could be coming from a different place because she has 4 black brothers, maybe she just wanted to escape the difference and be more like them? Not that it's a normal response, but if it came from that place, then I feel for her.

I have to order one of these kits: https://www.23andme.com/ Or AncestryDNA

I'll bet I'm way blacker than Rachel Dolezal.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

so who wants to bet that "rachel dolezal" will be THE halloween costume this year?
    SHELLEE likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Is it still blackface if you're dressed up as someone in blackface?
    joebob likes this.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

it's meta blackface.
    LaFolie and CornFlakegrl like this.

Elite Member

Or, maybe black people could dress up in whiteface as Rachel Dolezal.

if a black person paints themselves white and then dark to look like a white person in blackface, is it still blackface?

Someone's shitty photoshop, but I have not stopped laughing at this for several minutes now.

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Elite Member

I don't know if it's already been mentioned in this thread, but I just read that the parents are Duggar-esque christian fundies. Just to add another level of fuckery.
    Maybe they'll get a show on TLC (they already have the requisite sexual abuse scandal in the family).
    twitchy2.0 likes this.

Oh lawd. I think I'd wanna be black to escape that too. No wonder she's mental.

Want hours of entertainment? #AskRachel

'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Be honest, open, work hard, obey laws and basically live by the golden rule and nobody gives two shits.

Be a lying, cheating, mentally unstable fuck up.... Get your own reality show and lots of dollars.

A testament to our times.

She is a gift that keeps on giving.

Here's the hilariously hypocritical reason Rachel Dolezal wanted people to boycott a movie.

In a 2014 interview, Rachel Dolezal called for a boycott on the movie 'Exodus: Gods and Kings' because white actors were cast to play Egyptian roles.

Remember this movie? No you don't. (via Wikipedia)
    On the one hand, I don't like being part of the Internet shame-machine, which is intent on digging up every piece of dirt from Rachel Dolezal's past that could possibly make her look bad. On the other hand, this is ridiculous. Even she should have known better.

In 2014, Dolezal appeared on the Spokane-based podcast Praxis Radio. At the time, she was still the president of the local NAACP chapter, so it was probably a big "get" for the show's host, Taylor Weech. During the interview, Weech asked Dolezal about a controversy related to a new movie, Exodus: Gods and Kings.
    The movie, a retelling of the Biblical story of Exodus, was widely criticized for casting white actors to play North African characters. If I were Moses, I wouldn't complain about being played by Christian Bale, but that's beside the point. Dolezal called the movie "disturbing" and "propaganda" perpetrated by the "white supremacy tradition." She also called for a boycott. Here's the clip.
    The hypocrisy, of course, is that Dolezal was passing herself off as a non-white person at the time, but in real life. And she was doing it by darkening her skin, something the creators of that movie would never dare to do. She should have called for a boycott on herself! Actually, I don't know how that would work.
    I don't know if it would make Rachel Dolezal feel better, but the public did effectively wind up boycotting that movie, because it was a big flop. Luckily, it was terrible in addition to being racist.

http://happyplace.someecards.com/hypocrisy/you-wont-believe-the-hypocritical-reason-rachel-dolezal-wanted-to-boycott-this-movie/
    Clubber Lang and DeadDwarf like this.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread Information