Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree460Likes

Thread: Rachel Dolezal, NAACP Leader, Questioned About Race as Parents Say She’s White

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    I'd be interested in what our resident psychs think.
    *Sits back on couch*

Dr. JoeBob is in session.

1. Thinks she's as black as an oil spill. Despite being whiter than Mr. Rogers.
    2. She lied about hate crimes to get sympathy.
    3. She claimed her parents treated her like Kunta Kinte.
    4. She claimed to have been drugged and raped by Bill Cosby.
    5. She pawned off some old black man as her dad. Something that even an idiot on Jerry Springer wouldn't do.

Session is over.

Now give me my 200 dollars.

Elite Member

The denial is strong with this one. Serious parental issues at play here.
    Oh, and of course her art is plagiarised. everything else in her life is.

Rachel Dolezal Isn't Positive Her White Parents Are Her Parents

As part of their continued dominance of exclusives in the “Rachel Dolezal says she is black” story, NBC aired a new interview with Dolezal during the NBC Nightly News on Tuesday evening. During it, Dolezal told Savannah Guthrie that she wasn’t sure she could say authoritatively that she is truly related to her parents, who are white.

Dolezal was first asked if she had ever straight-up lied to someone about her race. She replied, “No, because never have I been asked, ‘are you human or are you not human?’ Race as a construct has a fluid understanding. So I would say no.”

But after being asked if she thought telling people that she’s black is “misleading,” Dolezal said she could “understand” why people would feel that way.
    I can understand that. But again, up to this point, I know who raised me, I haven’t had a DNA test, there’s been no biological proof that Larry and Ruthann are my biological parents.
    I’m not necessarily saying that I can prove they’re not, but I don’t know that I can actually prove they are. I mean the birth certificate was issued a month and a half after I’m born. Certainly there were no medical witnesses to my birth. It was in the woods.
    Dolezal also reiterated her previously established point that she is not white.
    I definitely am not white. Nothing about being white describes who I am. So, you know, what’s the word for it? The closest thing that I can come to is if you’re black or white, I’m black. I’m more black than white. On a level of values, lived experience currently. In this moment, that’s the answer. That’s the accurate answer from my truth. But I hope the dialogue continues to push against, ‘what is race? what is ethnicity?
    As far as the nitty-gritty details of how she kept this charade up, Dolezal said that she has not changed her physical appearance, besides experimenting with her hair, and denied doing anything to her skin other than sitting in the sun and using bronzer sometimes: “I just wanted to feel beautiful. And this is how I feel beautiful.”

Guthrie also asked Dolezal whether she felt “a little bit under siege” due to all the media coverage over the past week. “Oh definitely,” she replied. “I am going to need to do a little regrouping and be able to really process all the implications now as I move forward.” With regards to whether she can be considered “transracial” the way people are considered transgender, she said that she had read Caitlyn Jenner’s Vanity Fair profile and related to “some of the isolation, of being misunderstood” expressed in it, especially now.

Lastly, NBC spoke to Dolezal’s son Frank. “No matter what she does, I’m gonna be proud of her,” he said. “She deserved to be world-widely known, but not like this.”

You can watch the full interview, some of which did not air on television, here.

Quote Originally Posted by joebob View Post
    This is really begging for a Brian Williams was there meme.
    Here ya go.

joebob, sputnik, Laurent and 4 others like this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Quote Originally Posted by idunno View Post
    Dolezal also reiterated her previously established point that she is not white.
    I definitely am not white. Nothing about being white describes who I am. So, you know, what’s the word for it? The closest thing that I can come to is if you’re black or white, I’m black. I’m more black than white. On a level of values, lived experience currently. In this moment, that’s the answer. That’s the accurate answer from my truth. But I hope the dialogue continues to push against, ‘what is race? what is ethnicity?
    I have so many questions about this.

1) What does she mean exactly when she says she feels more Black than White? She said somewhere that she doesn't want to be called African American, but she wants to be called Black. So does that mean she thinks Black people all over the world feel some innate sense of Blackness regardless of differences in upbringing and culture? That's like saying all blue eyed people in the world have some kind of a special connection other than a physical trait they share.
    2) She said race is a social construct and racially we're all humans. If that's what she believes, why does she have to be in one camp or the other?

And of course The Daily Show took her down.
    Last edited by *Kat*; June 16th, 2015 at 09:18 PM.
    sputnik and Tati like this.

"Whaaaaaaaat!?" is right. People are so fucking crazy. I'm crazy in my own way, and things like this make me realize how sane I really am. I literally could not even think to do something like this much less think I could get away with it.

As a side note - they should just put The Daily Show to bed after Jon leaves. I don't care if they keep all the same writers and staff and whoever else. There will never be anyone who can even come close to his delivery.
    *Kat*, sputnik and Clubber Lang like this.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

LOL, this is the gift that keeps on giving. More lies and bullshit to cover up previous lies. Laughing my ass off at her questioning if her white parents are really her bio parents because of "no witnesses" and a birth certificate issued 6 weeks after birth. I mailed paperwork for all my kids soon after they were born, but no birth certificates were printed and issued until I applied for them. One of my kids didn't get it until she needed it for kindergarten, the issued date on the doc is 5 years after her birth. She's stretching on "proof" that she wasn't born to them.

Also no witnesses?? She said "Jesus Christ" is listed as the witness on the birth certificate, surely he wouldn't lie to her about her parentage, especially since he wasn't some racist cracker like those that she's always victimized by. Haha

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

This shit is beyond ridiculous, it just needs to stop, less than one week and I'm done.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

this story is so bizarre and crazy, i love it.

Quote Originally Posted by idunno View Post
    I would cut her some slack, if it wasn't for the discimination lawsuit, for inventing a black father, for reporting fake hate crimes (which hurts real victims of hate crimes more, than I care to think about), and the biggest appropriation of all: claiming to have had "black experiences". Vitnessing her siblings, her sons and her husband have "black experiences" and suffer racism is not the same as living it herself, and shame on her for saying so.
    this! i think most people would give her some slack because it's obvious that she has deep mental issues with her parents (the whole no DNA testing, birth certificate thing confirms this), but she definitely took it waaay too far. even if such a thing as being "trans-racial" existed, she wouldn't be it. it seems like she was just "feeling black" when it suited her purpose and she could claim being the victim, or else she wouldn't have sued her university for discrimination as a white woman. she said she identified with being black at the age of five, but at the same time said she wasn't identifying with being black when they showed her the picture of her at 16 with blonde hair. she's still lying.
    the fact that she turns the debate into this "trans-racial" thing and thinks being orange and wearing a wig makes her "black" is hurting and even mocking black people who can't "choose" their race and face inequality every day.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

I've known people (mostly girls) who've "become" whatever ethnic background their boyfriend was. One chick I knew as a teenager whose name was Karen had a crush on a hot Italian boy and suddenly announced she had a long lost Italian grandfather and started calling herself Ana. Then about 6 months later she'd moved around the Mediterranean coast and become Lebanese.
    sputnik likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

She is always looking for a fight, rather than validation. Look at her history.

She decides to attend a historically black school, and then sues them for racism because she is white.

She decides she is black, and begins to live a life of lies in a very public setting. There was no way she would never be discovered.

She took the one adoptive brother and had him testify in court that he was subjected to physical abuse/punishment, and that the two younger kids were sent away because of their behavior. The other kids all denied his accusations. Then they went with charging the white brother with sex abuse. The custody case was dropped because he was about to turn 18 and the parents agree to let her have guardianship.

She took on a black identity and immediately used this to make herself a victim over and over.

She is pathological as she lies even when the truth is easier, and she unable to control the impulse even when confronted with the truth. Most people who are caught in a lie feel a sense of relief when they are exposed and can end the charade. She is digging deeper and will soon declare she is Asian.

There is no doubt she served the community well for the NAACP, but had she hurt them more due to her lies?
    Last edited by sluce; June 17th, 2015 at 11:15 AM.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

What I find especially ironic was this story, that I don't think was posted here yet:

A light-skinned Hispanic who grew up in a Spanish-speaking country, she raised her hand without qualms when Dolezal called for a student with Hispanic background to come to the front of the class, to take part in an activity she called “Fishbowl.” In it, the volunteer was to be asked questions by the rest of the class about her racial experiences.
    “Rachel said I didn’t look Hispanic,” she told BuzzFeed. “[She] doubted that I could share experiences of racial or ethnic discrimination because I didn’t have the appearance of looking Hispanic.”
    Dolezal then selected another volunteer and the class, an introduction to race and culture, went on.

So, here we have someone who is expecting others to go along with her identification with another race, and when she is in a position of authority, she denies the identification of someone with actual Hispanic heritage.
    Kittylady and Serendipity like this.

every piece of info just makes it more and more bizarre.
    Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    She is pathological as she lies even when the truth is easier, and she unable to control the impulse even when confronted with the truth.
    I wonder what makes people like that. Most people lie for a purpose, warped as it may be. They're trying to avoid something unpleasant, preserve reputation or gain something. Does she get anything out of this or does she just do it?

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

she's not just a lying asshole, she's also ignorant because hispanic isn't a race. there are black hispanics, white hispanics, mixed hispanics, brown hispanics, asian hispanics, and everything in between.
    joebob, *DIVA! and Serendipity like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    every piece of info just makes it more and more bizarre.

I wonder what makes people like that. Most people lie for a purpose, warped as it may be. They're trying to avoid something unpleasant, preserve reputation or gain something. Does she get anything out of this or does she just do it?
    It's a pathology - mental illness. Most patients say that they know the lie is wrong but cannot help themselves. Unlike a normal lie, these lies are usually not even the type meant to get them attention or allow them to perceived better by others. Reality and fantasy become blurred and the liar does believe their own stories. There have been many studies to determine if PL is a symptom or an actual disease. I feel it can be both. You can see that the patient has lost the ability to process their stories logically and has transferred to what some call "wish psychosis" - the life they wish was real.

In this case, the pseudologia phantastica did serve to benefit her through attention and employment, but it doesn't seem that this was her goal.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I think it's partly narcissistic personality disorder. She seems to have a very grandiose view of herself. Unable to tolerate any criticism or own up to her fabrications or faults. If you read the Smoking Gun appellate court documents related to her Howard University lawsuit, they seem to imply that the principal problem was that she filed too late (and knowingly too late) for a position. So when her late filing wasn't accepted, she went nuclear and filed a really scorched-earth suit against one of the most revered black colleges in the country. A suit that was deemed without merit at by the original and appellate courts.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information