Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree460Likes

Thread: Rachel Dolezal, NAACP Leader, Questioned About Race as Parents Say She’s White

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    No, no, JMW Turner is part of the oppressive white heteronormative patriarchy. His picture is obviously racist, hence the word "slave" in the title. All Rachel (real name Rachana'quisha) did is to reclaim the image for her African ancestors.

This fool has made a total laughingstock of herself. Good.
    You spun that explanation out too well. Admit it, you're really Halle Berry and not Heather Mills.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

is it horrible that i'm feeling somewhat schadenfreudy about this whole thing and that Dolezal is in some ways the monster the delicate flower identity politics-obsessed left deserves?
    and i say that as a leftie, just one who can't stand identity politics overkill and social justice warriors.
    Kittylady, joebob and BelledeJour like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

A*O

Agree (shit!).

She'll reinvent herself as the poster girl/martyr for the Offenderati.
    joebob and sputnik like this.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

It's the sheer scope of the lies that make this interesting to me. Everybody lies. "No, those pants don't make you look fat." or "Yes, this seat is taken." or "I love what you've done with your house." but people don't lie to this extent. If normal people dream up a little fantasy life, it stays confined to their brain or journal. What on earth motivates someone to go this far? Could it be mental?

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

A*O

She most definitely has major mental problems. I'd be interested in what our resident psychs think.
    Clubber Lang and joebob like this.
    Dame Edna Everage

joebob and sputnik like this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

So far all of her statements have been about how she is being victimized.

I'm a regular NPR listener and man, they pissed me off today. Every story about this fraud was "is trans racism a possibility" or "Can identity be fluid? chosen?"

An African American female professor was asked some such nonsense by the NPR reporter and her response was to scoff and say if identity is fluid, changing,chosen, whatever, can a black person just declare themselves white and then reap all the benefits that come with that?

I declared her the winner.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    I'm a regular NPR listener and man, they pissed me off today. Every story about this fraud was "is trans racism a possibility"
    This'll piss you off, but I'm still curious about that!

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    She most definitely has major mental problems. I'd be interested in what our resident psychs think.
    *Settles into leather armchair and puffs pipe wisely*

I think she has some type of personality disorder that drives her to seek attention at an extreme level. It's almost like Munchhausen's in a way but instead of faking illness to gain attention she has faked being part of an ethnic group that has historically been given the shitty end of the stick. The ingenuity behind this route rather than constantly seeking medical attention as a true Munchhausen's sufferer would (and risking exposure by medical professionals) is that she could silence and discredit anyone who dared question her ever expanding fantasies with three simple words - "you're being racist". Boom. End of discussion right there because she's in a win-win situation - the doubter can be labeled an even greater racist and she gets even more attention as a woman fighting the oppression of prejudice.
    Clubber Lang and idunno like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    This'll piss you off, but I'm still curious about that!

lol, no. I just think attempting to turn this lunatics story into a serious race discussion gives her some kind of legitimacy. That's what pisses me off.

full disclosure: if trans-race refers to anything other than mixed race people choosing how they identify, I will roll my eyes hard at you.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

I doubt it applies in this case even if it is a real thing. There are just too many other odd elements in play.

-- Stephen Hawking

Yesterday I came across some old thread about Shiloh being a blob, and Angelina Jolie was saying that she feels much more for Maddox and Zahara because they had been through a lot before coming to her family while Shiloh was born into privilege. It made me wonder if maybe there was something of that dynamic at play in this family. Perhaps the parents were more protective and attentive towards the adoptive children and on some subconscious level, Dolezal felt if she were also black, she could be treated the same way as her brothers.

OK, I might be lucky to get two cents for that instead of my usual five.
    Cinnamon*Girl and llamamama like this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    lol, no. I just think attempting to turn this lunatics story into a serious race discussion gives her some kind of legitimacy. That's what pisses me off.

full disclosure: if trans-race refers to anything other than mixed race people choosing how they identify, I will roll my eyes hard at you.
    Preach!
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post

This is really begging for a Brian Williams was there meme.

I don't understand how people can even suggest that her parents "threw her under the bus". She lied, they told the truth. What were they supposed to do? Support her lies by lying themselves? Allow her path of deceit and emotional destruction to go on just because she was their daughter? Her parents did exactly the right thing, which is more than Ms Dolezal has done with her seemingly never ending list of lies and suspect allegations.
    Because race is involved. She identifies as black, and the last thing anyone in the media wants to do is be called racist.

A*O

Yes, we are all completely cowed and intimidated by fear of the "R" word, even when this attention whore exploits it for her own twisted agenda. Maybe the best way to deal with this is to ignore her, surely her worst nightmare.
    joebob and Kittylady like this.
    Dame Edna Everage

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information