Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree460Likes

Thread: Rachel Dolezal, NAACP Leader, Questioned About Race as Parents Say She’s White

Quote Originally Posted by joebob View Post
    On Facebook, Yahoo has is already asking......"Should her parents have outed her for pretending to be black". And also asking, "Are they righting a wrong or throwing their daughter under the bus?"

Fuck Yahoo.
    Don't shoot the pollster - yahoo is asking because some other people are asking it. However, Dolezal's parents' official position is basically - "Some reporter came up and asked if we were Rachel Dolezeal's biological parents. We said yet. Then, they asked what is your race - and we said Caucasian."

If that is how it went down, I think it is a stretch to say that somebody was thrown under the bus when all the parents did was answer truthfully to some questions.

They say she's made it up. This says she's siding with the accuser:
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2257560

EXCLUSIVE: Rachel Dolezal supporting victim who accused her brother of child molestation, suggests parents outed her as white in retaliation

BY Nancy Dillon In Coeur D'alene Idaho , Larry Mcshane
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Sunday, June 14, 2015, 12:00 AM

Shawn Gust for New York Daily News Rachel Dolezal has been assisting a victim who has accused Dolezal's biological older brother of child molestation in Colorado, sources confirmed to The News Saturday.

Nicholas K. Geranios/AP The ongoing case in Clear Creek County is set to go to trial later this summer and has a status conference set for Monday, the sources confirmed.

The sensitive matter at the center of the Rachel Dolezal family schism concerns a felony case involving charges of sex assault against Dolezal’s older brother, the Daily News has learned.
    The white Dolezal, who has made international headlines for masquerading as a black woman, has been assisting a victim who has accused Dolezal's biological older brother of child molestation in Colorado, sources confirmed to The News Saturday.
    Joshua Dolezal, 39, was charged in 2013 with four felony counts of sex abuse of a victim who was a minor at the time, sources and court records confirmed.
    The ongoing case in Clear Creek County is set to go to trial later this summer and has a status conference set for Monday, the sources confirmed.
    Dolezal declined to speak with The News on Saturday but previously suggested the timing of her white Montana-based parents’ media interviews about her racial identity was somehow connected to the Colorado case — and designed to damage her credibility.
    The embattled head of the Spokane chapter of the NAACP, now under scrutiny for claiming she is black, kept a low profile Saturday after taking the 21-year-old adopted black brother she has been raising as a son to the airport.

Shawn Gust for New York Daily News Dan Dolezal is baffled by his niece masquerading as a black woman, and hopes the family can reconcile.

NAACP leader of Washington state chapter Rachel Dolezal leaned on adoptive kid brothers to help her lie about being black
    Attempts to reach Dolezal’s parents, and biological brother Joshua Dolezal, who now lives in Indiana, were unsuccessful Saturday.
    He remains out on bail.
    The alleged victim, whose identity is being withheld because of the nature of the charges, also did not respond to an email request for comment.
    Saturday’s stunning revelations came as the 37-year-old Dolezal was expected to speak with members of the local NAACP on Monday about the racial ruse that went viral since coming to light on Thursday.
    NAACP Leader in Washington Lied About Being Black: Parents
    NY Daily News

It’s been years since she spoke with her parents, Larry and Ruthanne Dolezal. She became estranged from the pair well before the criminal case was brought against her brother, sources have said. Dolezal cut off contact with them sometime after her 2004 divorce and increasingly embraced black culture and brought her adopted brother Izaiah Dolezal to live with her in Idaho and Washington when he was a teen.
    EDITORIAL: BLACK LIKE SHE
    She even began claiming a close friend, Albert Wilkerson, a black man, was her father.
    Paternal uncle Dan Dolezal said Dolezal and Wilkerson shared a father-daughter type of bond, but that her characterization of him as her real father bothered her biological relatives.
    “I think Albert was kind of baffled as well," said the uncle, 63. “When she started calling him dad two or three years ago, it caused my brother quite a bit of pain.”
    Rachel Dolezal's Parents Outed Her in Retaliation Over Sex Assault Dispute
    NY Daily News

Dan Dolezal remains the last line of communication between the divided family — and he holds out hope for a resolution.
    “I wish Rachel the best and would like to see her land on her feet,” he told The News. “I want to see a rapprochement. But there are issues that need to be resolved.”

Either way, it certainly is a mess.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

That is one fucked up family dynamic.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Don't shoot the pollster - yahoo is asking because some other people are asking it. However, Dolezal's parents' official position is basically - "Some reporter came up and asked if we were Rachel Dolezeal's biological parents. We said yet. Then, they asked what is your race - and we said Caucasian."

If that is how it went down, I think it is a stretch to say that somebody was thrown under the bus when all the parents did was answer truthfully to some questions.
    The problem is, is that the media seems to be trying to draw up as much sympathy for her as possible.

She shouldn't be treated with kid gloves.

I think the whole thing stems from someone giving her this book for Christmas one year.

http://www.amazon.com/How-Be-Black-B.../dp/0062003224
    joebob and msdeb like this.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    I think the whole thing stems from someone giving her this book for Christmas one year.

http://www.amazon.com/How-Be-Black-B.../dp/0062003224
    Or maybe she's just a really big fan of Soul Man?
    twitchy2.0 likes this.

Or maybe she's just a really big fan of Soul Man?
    [Adds plagiarism and copyright infringement to list.....]
    joebob likes this.

joebob, Kittylady and Clubber Lang like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

sputnik, MsDark, joebob and 11 others like this.

-- Stephen Hawking

gold.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Did she actually do the artwork? That's what I want to know. After all, there seems to be no end to the the twists and turns in this saga.
    It's funny you should say that Mo....

On Facebook, Yahoo has is already asking......"Should her parents have outed her for pretending to be black". And also asking, "Are they righting a wrong or throwing their daughter under the bus?"

Fuck Yahoo.
    I don't understand how people can even suggest that her parents "threw her under the bus". She lied, they told the truth. What were they supposed to do? Support her lies by lying themselves? Allow her path of deceit and emotional destruction to go on just because she was their daughter? Her parents did exactly the right thing, which is more than Ms Dolezal has done with her seemingly never ending list of lies and suspect allegations.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

I'd like to hear what she has to say about the painting. This Turner guy is clearly copying her?

-- Stephen Hawking

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    I'd like to hear what she has to say about the painting. This Turner guy is clearly copying her?
    Of course he is, and his death in 1851 was obviously a part of his plot to discredit her further by not making himself available to answer questions about who painted their picture first.
    Ravenna and llamamama like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

or she "identified" as Turner at the moment she was painting it.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

A*O

No, no, JMW Turner is part of the oppressive white heteronormative patriarchy. His picture is obviously racist, hence the word "slave" in the title. All Rachel (real name Rachana'quisha) did is to reclaim the image for her African ancestors.

This fool has made a total laughingstock of herself. Good.

Actually, she's done the world a favour by highlighting the absurdity of identity politics and activism based on race which is, exquisite irony, extremely racist.
    Kittylady, sputnik, joebob and 1 others like this.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information