Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree460Likes

Thread: Rachel Dolezal, NAACP Leader, Questioned About Race as Parents Say She’s White

A*O

Just watch, she will now play the Misunderstood Victim card and say this has all been taken "out of context".
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    ^^^^
    you would think people would discuss things like family background and stuff before getting pregnant, no?
    Yeah, they were still in high school. He had met her mother (white) but he just assumed her father who was out of the picture since she was a baby was black, because of her appearance.
    sputnik likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by llamamama View Post
    So is her artwork worth more or less now? She's talented.
    Did she actually do the artwork? That's what I want to know. After all, there seems to be no end to the the twists and turns in this saga.
    Just Kill Me likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by llamamama View Post
    Yeah, they were still in high school. He had met her mother (white) but he just assumed her father who was out of the picture since she was a baby was black, because of her appearance.
    So if he liked her enough to knock her up, why was this an issue? And if it is, maybe he should do better at making certain next time. Oops.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Because it's okay to stick your uncovered dick in someone, but to make a baby is a whole other level... yeah... that is so fucked up.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Elite Member

Well, she didn't want to explain to her coworkers at NAACP, which I find to be arrogant, but now she'll be on the Today Show Tuesday for a live interview with Matt Lauer. Let's see, if she cancels this aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by idunno View Post
    Well, she didn't want to explain to her coworkers at NAACP, which I find to be arrogant, but now she'll be on the Today Show Tuesday for a live interview with Matt Lauer. Let's see, if she cancels this aswell.
    She'll also be interviewed on MSNBC by Melissa Harris Perry.

Not at all surprising that more stories fall as they shake the tree. This woman is crazy, but kudos for hiding it so well for so long.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Just watch, she will now play the Misunderstood Victim card and say this has all been taken "out of context".
    And a lot of the media will go along with it, and act like she is a victim. While telling us that we have no right to say what race she is. Even tho her parents were the ones that decided that for her by creating her.

Bronze Member

Rachel Dolezal defiantly maintains 'I identify as black' in TV interview

Speaking publicly for the first time since the accusations, the activist said: ‘I don’t, as some of the critics have said, put on blackface as a performance’

0:00

/

0:30

Embed

Rachel Dolezal is interviewed on the Today show on NBC News

Rachel Dolezal, the civil rights activist accused of misrepresenting her race, declared on Tuesday that she still identifies as black – and that she does not “put on blackface as a performance”. Speaking publicly for the first time since her white parents revealed she was not of African American descent, Dolezal continued to speak in the unapologetic tone of her Monday resignation as president of the Spokane, Washington, chapter of the NAACP.

Rebutting accusations from her brother and a legion of commenters across the world that she is guilty of blackface, Dolezal said resolutely: “I don’t, as some of the critics have said, put on blackface as a performance.
    “I have a huge issue with blackface. This is not some freak, Birth of a Nation mockery blackface performance,” she said in an interview with NBC’s Today show, referring to the 1915 film that portrays Ku Klux Klansmen as heroes. “This is on a very real, connected level how I’ve actually had to go there with the experience, not just a visual representation.”
    “I identify as black,” she said, repudiating her parents, who revealed last week that Dolezal grew up as a blonde white woman with adopted black family in Mississippi. “She’s clearly our birth daughter, and we’re clearly Caucasian,” her parents said earlier this week.
    “I really don’t see why they’re in such a rush to whitewash some of the work that I have done, and who I am and how I’ve identified,” Dolezal said on Tuesday, adding that at age five she “was drawing self-portraits with the brown crayon instead of the peach crayon”.
    Dolezal disputed accusations that she had deceived people about her identity, saying that the issue was “a little more complex than me identifying as black or answering a question of are you black or white”.
    Rachel Dolezal composite Photograph: Facebook/KREM Shown a photo of herself as a pale, freckled and blonde teenager, Dolezal admitted that “in that picture during that time” she did not identify as black. “I would say that visibly she would be identified as white.”
    “I was actually identified when I was doing human rights work in north Idaho as first trans-racial,” she said. Subsequent news stories identified her as “biracial” and finally as black, she said. “I never corrected that.”
    Dolezal did not directly answer a question about whether she took steps to physically alter her appearance, for instance with makeup.
    “I certainly don’t stay out of the sun,” she said. She admitted that “black hair stylists have styled my hair in many different ways” and asked her about her appearance.
    I really don’t see why they’re in such a rush to whitewash some of the work that I have done, and who I am
    Rachel Dolezal
    “My life has been one of survival,” she continued, “and the decisions I have made along the way, including my identification, have been to survive.”
    Dolezal also defended her decision to sue Howard University in 2002, on the basis that officials had denied her scholarship aid “by a discriminatory purpose to favor African American students” over her.
    The activist said that officials told her “you probably have white relatives who can help you with your tuition” and revoked her full-tuition scholarship and her TA position. “I thought that was an injustice,” she said.
    A judge dismissed the lawsuit in 2004.
    Dolezal is engaged in a civil lawsuit with her biological parents, and during the Tuesday interview – one of several scheduled with NBC – she repeated a disavowal of her father, saying that she considers an African American man her “dad”.
    “Rachel has not wanted to talk to us,” Dolezal’s mother Ruthanne told NBC on Monday. “She’s distanced herself from us, made it very clear she does not want us around or in communication.”
    “We’re puzzled,” her father Larry said. “We taught our children, as we raised all six of them, tell the truth.”
    Her parents also rejected Dolezal’s claims that she was born in a teepee and grew up hunting with a bow and arrow. “Those are all false claims,” her mother said.
    Dolezal gained custody of her adopted brother Izaiah in 2010, and has since portrayed him as her son, telling the Today show that it was around this time that her self-identification as a black woman “really solidified”.
    “He said, ‘Well, you’re my real mom,’ and he’s in high school, and for that to be something that is plausible I certainly can’t be seen as white and be Izaiah’s mom,” Dolezal said.

The revelations of Dolezal’s background versus her self-portrayal have prompted international conversations about racial identity, politics and appropriation, especially in the unusual context of a white woman representing herself as black for years.

Although Dolezal said she was glad for the discussion about racial identity and politics that had come from the controversy, she said it had happened “in a really sort of viciously inhumane way” and “at my expense”.
    The NAACP is “not concerned with the racial identity of our leadership”, president Cornell William Brooks said on Monday. “Our focus must be on issues, not individuals.”
    “The discussion’s really about what it is to be human,” Dolezal said on Tuesday.

Rachel Dolezal defiantly maintains 'I identify as black' in TV interview | US news | The Guardian

lol
    well, she's nothing if not committed.

joebob, holly, MsDark and 1 others like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Gold Member

On Facebook, Yahoo has is already asking......"Should her parents have outed her for pretending to be black". And also asking, "Are they righting a wrong or throwing their daughter under the bus?"

Fuck Yahoo.

joebob, idunno, holly and 8 others like this.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Elite Member

How did her black identity feel, when her white body sued Howard U for discriminating against her for being white, I wonder. That's some internal conflict right there.

I would cut her some slack, if it wasn't for the discimination lawsuit, for inventing a black father, for reporting fake hate crimes (which hurts real victims of hate crimes more, than I care to think about), and the biggest appropriation of all: claiming to have had "black experiences". Vitnessing her siblings, her sons and her husband have "black experiences" and suffer racism is not the same as living it herself, and shame on her for saying so.

On a different note: I can't believe NBC paid for 3 interviews with this liar, and didn't ask her any hard questions about the lawsuit, her fake father, her fake hate crimes etc. Talk about not getting your money's worth.
    sluce, joebob, BelledeJour and 3 others like this.

it gets worse:

Family: Rachel Dolezal Made Up Sex Abuse Claims to Adopt Black Brother

Hillary Crosley Coker

Rachel Dolezal’s biological brother Joshua Dolezal is facing four counts of sexual assault. He is currently free on a $15,000 bond while he awaits trial in Clear Creek County, Colorado. Her family says that the whole thing was a lie orchestrated by Rachel so that she could legally adopt her black adopted brother, who she has since passed off as her son. What.
    Dolezal feels her parents Lawrence and Ruthanne Dolezal’s move to out her as a white woman is motivated by the charges against her brother, according to the Washington Post. The allegations also disparage them as parents since the alleged abuse occurred while minors were in their care as adoptive parents.

In 2013, Joshua was charged with four felony counts of sex abuse of a minor. The incidents, according to an affidavit obtained by the Post, happened at his parents’ home in Colorado “in 2001 or 2002.” The victim “was 6 or 7 years old,” and Joshua Dolezal was “19 years older.” Dolezal allegedly made the victim perform oral sex on him twice and he performed oral sex on the victim “7 or 8” times, allegedly telling the victim “Don’t tell anyone or I’ll hurt you.” The affidavit also lists another allegation of abuse in 1991 of another victim that had a racial element.

“The family had a subscription to National Geographic magazine,” it read. “… Joshua Dolezal showed [redacted] his collection of photos of topless and naked African women.”
    It continued: “Joshua Dolezal was turned on by the black body and was curious about black women sexually.”

The abuse was reported in 2013 and Joshua was arrested in 2014. According to the affidavit, the victim came forward because Joshua has a young daughter who he or she didn’t want to be victimized. Dolezal will be tried in August.
    Mr. and Mrs. Dolezal have alleged that Rachel “orchestrated” the allegations against her brother to legally adopt her adopted black brother Izaiah as her son. Izaiah lives with Rachel in Spokane and was present along with her biological son from her marriage to Kevin Moore (which ended in 2004) at her Today Show interview on Tuesday morning.

“If she’s alleging there was abuse in our family from years past, then it’s false and there’s no need no comment on anything of that nature,” Lawrence Dolezal told The Post last week. “That’s just utter falsehood.”
    “The allegations are totally false and malicious,” Ruthanne Dolezal told Megyn Kelly of Fox News when she asked about them Monday. “They’re fabricated.”

Joshua has not commented on the allegations when pressed by local media. Rachel has, saying that her parents telling media that she is a white woman was motivated by anger prompted by the sex abuse allegations. From the Spokane Spokesman-Review:

“Rachel Dolezal dismisses the controversy as little more than an ugly byproduct of contentious litigation between other family members over allegations of past abuse that has divided the family,” the paper said. “She’s particularly suspicious of the timing, noting that the allegations broke on her son’s birthday and come as the Colorado lawsuit … nears a key juncture.”

Joshua, an english professor at Central College in Pella, Iowa, wrote a nonfiction memoir entitled Down from the Mountaintop: From Belief to Belonging, which detailed a bit of he and his sister’s religious upbringing.

One of the memoir’s first references to sister Rachel Dolezal comes as Joshua Dolezal watches his mother praying while listening to his father read an entire chapter of the Bible before dinner, “as is customary.” Lawrence Dolezal is reading about Joshua, he who slew Goliath.

Joshua also writes that he hated Dolezal’s ex-husband Moore and “murdered him hundreds of times in my sleep.”
    What a mess.

I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information