Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree460Likes

Thread: Rachel Dolezal, NAACP Leader, Questioned About Race as Parents Say She’s White

This whole thing has been fascinating and funny to me. I think she has some mental issues, how long did she think she could get away with this? Also she's been going to police in last few years claiming she's receiving hate mail and pictures of lynching, but investigations by police and post office determine her story doesn't sound right. It looks to me like she is very likely claiming victim and putting stuff in her own mailbox since the packages never went through the mail. I think she wanted the attention with being an "oppressed black woman"... She also said her black ex husband beat her and her "son" (adopted bro) and she also said her parents beat her and her black siblings based on their skin color (darker=more abuse) with a whip as if they were slaves.

Also, now she's saying she rejects the African American identity and only identifies as black and that's why she seemed so stumped when asked if she was AA. lol Why would someone run away, leaving their purse and keys, and hide in a clothing store when asked flat out if they were white? Plus the black man in the picture- she claims it was her dad and he unexpectedly couldn't make the trip. The media contacted him and he said he wasn't her dad, but didn't want to answer more questions because he didnt want to "throw anyone under the bus"....

Also the cancer claims- I now question that too because I've met two people who had such "extraordinary" lives as victims and they created monumental lies like this woman and they also claimed cancer, especially when they felt like they were losing sympathy from others. It was added to their list of victimization to create empathy and seem like such a "strong" person to endure so much. I hope this woman didn't like about being a cancer survivor too!!! ETA: oh shit. I bet she did lie because now I've read that her black "dad" cancelled his trip because he was battling lung cancer (lie)

Link to past interview talking about slave whipping she experienced as a black teen The Easterner : A Life to be Heard
    Clubber Lang, Kittylady and stef like this.

Black or white, she's fucked in the head.
    emkat, sluce, nwgirl and 2 others like this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

A story just came out that she wouldn't let a student participate in some class experiment because she didn't look Hispanic enough and hence there was no way she would understand the struggles.

Rachel Dolezal, president of the Spokane, Washington, chapter of the NAACP, may not have been born black, but according to family and former students, she fully committed to acting like she was.

On the heels of the controversy surrounding her ethnic background, a video from February has been uncovered of the Eastern Washington University professor giving a lecture on the history of black hair, nappiness, and her own experiences.
    The most ironic moment of the clip being when she touches on the “brown paper bag test” and explains how many fair-skinned African Americans passed for white to get better job positions and societal standing.

In addition to this video, a former student of Dolezal now alleges she once wasn’t allowed to participate in a class activity about race and culture because she appeared too white to be seen as Hispanic.
    “Rachel said I didn’t look Hispanic. [She] doubted that I could share experiences of racial or ethnic discrimination because I didn’t have the appearance of looking Hispanic.”
    Dolezal instead selected another Hispanic-identified student to participate in the exercise.
    “I didn’t think much of it at the time,” the student said, “but now I wish I had said something, especially now that her race is the one people are questioning.”
    As Dolezal continues to distance herself from her family, her brother, Ezra Dolezal, has also come forward to give some backstory on his sister behavior.
    From left to right: Ezra Dolezal, Franklin Moore (Rachel’s biological son), Rachel Dolezal, and Zach Dolezal. via Facebook
    According to Ezra, Rachel was preparing to start an entirely new life in Washington and asked him and her other adopted brother to say that they were “blood brothers.”
    “She just told me, ‘Over here, I’m going to be considered black, and I have a black father. Don’t blow my cover,’” Ezra Dolezal, 22, told BuzzFeed News in an interview.
    “She wanted to make a new life for herself but she took it to the ultimate extreme,” Ezra said. “Not only did she move out to Spokane, but she created a whole new identity for herself.”
    He said that she gradually began to change her appearance but that her decision to identify as black was sudden and stemmed from her experience at a mostly-black college.
    “She used to tell us that teachers treated her differently than other people and a lot of them acted like they didn’t want her there,” Ezra said. “Because of her work in African-American art, they thought she was a black student during her application, but they ended up with a white person.”
    She began to be “hateful to white people” and even “brainwashed” her younger brother into thinking their parents were racist until she gained custody of Izaiah, now 21, and began to call him her natural-born son.
    “It’s like what psychologists call self-hating,” Ezra said. “She had no reason not to like herself being white. She was an awesome artist and she could have accomplished everything she did, if she had stayed exactly the same.”
    He further denied his sister’s claims that they were abused by their parents. “She was treated really well as a child,” he said, adding, “I think I would know if I was abused growing up, and I definitely wasn’t.”
    When asked what he thought about the whole affair, he said, “She puts dark makeup on her face and says she black. It’s basically blackface.”

Rachel Dolezal gave lectures on ‘nappiness’ and ‘the brown paper bag test’, once told student she didn’t look ‘Hispanic enough’ | theGrio

Rachel Dolezal -- My Race Is a Distraction ... Quits NAACP Presidency | TMZ.com

Rachel Dolezal

My Race Is a Distraction ...

Quits NAACP Presidency

Everyone is way too hung up on NAACP leader Rachel Dolezal's race ... according to Dolezal herself -- who just announced she's resigning as President of the group's Spokane chapter.

Dolezal -- the white woman who's been passing as black for years -- wrote a letter to the NAACP, saying she was leaving her post because "the dialogue has unexpectedly shifted internationally to my personal identity in the context of defining race and ethnicity."

She tooted her horn on the way out the door ... listing her accomplishments during her time in office, and said she remains committed to fighting "for what is right and good in this world."

Dolezal offered no explanation for why she pulled the wool over everyone's eyes for at least 8 years ... according to her parents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

I've got to wonder why her parents handled it like this. Why did they go for public destruction instead of directly contacting the NAACP with the information?

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I think with the suit and whatever else happened between them there was some seriously bad blood and they went scorched earth vs. ignoring. That shit can be so tempting, you know?
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Or maybe they did contact the NAACP and got no response?
    Clubber Lang and ikmccall like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    I've got to wonder why her parents handled it like this. Why did they go for public destruction instead of directly contacting the NAACP with the information?
    Because according to the older adopted brother she brainwashed the younger one into hating white people and the parents (but somehow not her) and gained custody of him in 2010. I'd say the gloves are off in the Dolezal family.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

She has a lot of issues. If she had issues with her parents and identified with her adopted brothers, I can sort of see why she would want to align with her brothers and be like them. She obviously identifies as black so now what? I hope she doesn't kill herself.

Nah. Way too much of a narcissist/social justice warrior to just off herself. And if she does she will broadcast it on the internet and publish a manifesto and make an art project/installation and make it all about how the white man won.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Elite Member

Can this story possibly get any crazier? Why yes, yes it can.

Rachel Dolezal Sued Howard University for Racial Discrimination in 2002

Former Spokane NAACP president Rachel Dolezal sued Howard University in 2002 for allegedly discriminating against her because she’s white, according to court documents obtained by the Smoking Gun. Dolezal, who has claimed to be black for several years, said the school refused to hire her for teaching posts and denied her scholarships because of her race.
    Dolezal, who went by Rachel Moore then, reportedly filed the suit against Howard and Professor Alfred Smith, the chairman of the university’s art department, in Washington DC’s Superior Court. From the Smoking Gun:

According to a Court of Appeals opinion, Dolezal’s lawsuit “claimed discrimination based on race, pregnancy, family responsibilities and gender.” She alleged that Smith and other school officials improperly blocked her appointment to a teaching assistant post, rejected her application for a post-graduate instructorship, and denied her scholarship aid while she was a student.
    The court opinion also noted that Dolezal claimed that the university’s decision to remove some of her artworks from a February 2001 student exhibition was “motivated by a discriminatory purpose to favor African-American students over” her.
    As detailed in the court opinion, Dolezal’s lawsuit contended that Howard was “permeated with discriminatory intimidation, ridicule, and insult.”
    The lawsuit was dismissed in February 2004, after Judge Zoe Bush found no evidence that Dolezal was discriminated against. Dolezal was ordered to reimburse the school for $2758.50 for a “Bill of Costs” and another $1000 for an “obstructive and vexatious” court filing.
    Dolezal resigned her post as president of Spokane’s NAACP chapter earlier today, just four days after her parents told several publications that their daughter was white.

joebob likes this.

So is her artwork worth more or less now? She's talented.

Did her black significant others know she was white? My coworker's daughter's boyfriend was shocked when he found out that she wasn't mixed race (she looked it). He wasn't too happy about it, but she was pregnant, so too late.

Elite Member

She filed suit against Howard University claiming racial discrimination? Well isn't that ironic.

I am really enjoying the twists and turns this story provides- just when you think it can't get any nuttier it goes and one ups itself. Endless entertainment!
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

^^^^
    you would think people would discuss things like family background and stuff before getting pregnant, no?
    Kathie_Moffett and joebob like this.

Quote Originally Posted by idunno View Post
    Can this story possibly get any crazier? Why yes, yes it can.
    good. Nuttiness is fascinating from a safe distance.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information