Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
Like Tree460Likes

Thread: Rachel Dolezal, NAACP Leader, Questioned About Race as Parents Say She’s White

Rachel Dolezal Is Back and So Woke She's Stopped Believing in 'Separate Races'

Hillary Crosley Coker
    Yesterday 10:35am
    Filed to: Rachel Dolezal

Rachel Dolezal has returned, though no one wanted her to! On Tuesday, she spoke to The Today Show on Tuesday about her forthcoming book, still untitled, but definitely about (what else) racial identity.

In the sit-down with NBC host Savannah Guthrie, Dolezal—famous for being a white person who pretended to be black and served as NAACP chapter president in Spokane, Washington—said her baby son, Langston Attickus, was “perfect and precious in every way,” but that it’s been tough getting her life back together in the last year.

“People take pictures, it’s hard to go to the grocery store… that part is hard… but you just put on your sunglasses and try to go about your life and not sweat it too much.”

When Guthrie asked Dolezal in a roundabout way whether she wanted to recant the whole “I’m black” thing, here’s the former Howard University student’s response:

“I don’t know what you’re referring to with that but definitely I don’t have any regrets about how I identify. I’m still me and nothing about that has changed.”

Then Guthrie took it a step further: the gist of her questioning was basically, “Ain’t you tired Ms. Hilly?” Dolezal said—no!

“You know… not necessarily. I mean, I do wish that I’d given myself permission to really own the me of me earlier in life. It took me almost 30 years to get there but I certainly feel like it’s a complex issue. How do you just sum up a whole life of this coming into who you are in a sound bite? Those conversations, I feel like moving forward I don’t have any regrets about that.”

Dolezal plans to cover this and more in her upcoming book, which will be about people’s “lives being caught between race or culture or ethnicity and this larger issue of if you don’t fit into one box.” She says the revelation that she was white became such a thing because “it challenged people to think about identity… is there one human race? Why do we want to go back to that world where we have separate races?”
    Dolezal says she’s also eager to get back to teaching and her social justice work. All we can say is that her twist-out looks still looks good.

Rachel Dolezal Is Back and So Woke She's Stopped Believing in 'Separate Races'Â*
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

I always love when this thread pops back up.
    sputnik and lindsaywhit like this.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

Why is this still a thing? Her 15 minutes are over.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Still speaking and saying nothing.
    Serendipity, rollo and joebob like this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

When Guthrie asked Dolezal in a roundabout way whether she wanted to recant the whole “I’m black” thing, here’s the former Howard University student’s response:

“I don’t know what you’re referring to with that ....

Interviewer, here's where you say: "That whole mess where you pretended to be a black woman with a black dad who grew up playing with braided corn husk dolls until your actual white parents surfaced with pictures of you in younger years looking like Mary Ingalls from Little House on The Prairie"
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Air Quotes View Post
    I always love when this thread pops back up.
    me too. she is pretty much my favourite news story of the past... i don't know how many years. if anything, i wish her 15 minutes had been longer.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDark View Post

“I don’t know what you’re referring to with that ....
    it's just another way of saying:

basically, bitch is still crazy.
    Brookie, ikmccall, MsDark and 2 others like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread Information