Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
Like Tree460Likes

Thread: Rachel Dolezal, NAACP Leader, Questioned About Race as Parents Say She’s White

missbazilb, joebob and Brah like this.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

fgg

'Black Lives Matter' Shaun King
    Don't Paint Him as a Rachel Dolezal
    ... Wife Jumps to Defense

Shaun King isn't faking anything ... no fake hairstyles, no fake tanning -- in other words, he's not at all like Rachel Dolezal, according to the "Black Lives Matter" activist's wife.

Rai King posted a lengthy and passionate defense of her husband in the wake of a conservative blog's allegation he's lied about his ethnicity. She said, "What's white about him is white, and what's Black about him is Black and always has been from the time he was a child."

She also addressed claims Shaun's father is white, instead of African-American ... as Shaun has said in the past, but added ... her husband won't be doing any tell-all interviews anytime soon.

"It's his story to tell. On his own terms. When he's ready to tell it. Just know this, there is nothing fake about Shaun King."

She did acknowledge the story behind Shaun's race is "beautifully difficult, and painful."

Read more: Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Celebrity News | TMZ.com
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I read his wife's Facebook message as well as his own Twitter response, and basically it confirmed for me that he IS white. They both dance around the question so much and offer a word vomit without even simply addressing the question. wtf with "what is white about him is white and what is black is black?" Also his weird comment was, "Anyone who's known me since elementary school has known I identified as biracial." Those are non-answers.

All it would take would be to simply say, "I am biracial. My mother is white but my father is black. He is NOT the white man the media found, who is listed on my birth certificate, because of reasons that are private and hurtful for my mother. Out of respect for her, I'm not going to rehash them in public."
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

I think he did sort of imply that. I mean, my first interpretation was that his mom had an affair with a black guy but still but her white husband on Shaun's birth certificate.

People are taking it that he's implying that, but who knows? I just don't get why you wouldn't be clear in a few sentences rather than vomit lengthy paragraphs that don't answer the question. If the white dude is not your biological dad, just say that and say it's your mother's private matter, you're not going to elaborate beyond that, and you'd get a ton of support. But the fact that neither he or his wife can give a straight answer points to me that he's lying. It's too reminiscent of Dolezal's, "Well, it's complicated," "Well, I identify as black," "Look at my black spouse and black kids!"
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

A*O

Isn't it a bit, er, racist to self identify as any particular race?
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Isn't it a bit, er, racist to self identify as any particular race?
    The definition here for racism is that you believe in the innate superiority of one race over another and support certain policies to enforce some kind of social/political/economic stratification by race. Whereas a person who hates other races, sexes, or groups, is a bigot.

As to what Nonorehab said - I think it's possible that his reaction might have been "I have to defend myself, but don't want to throw my mom under the bus." But the situation isn't getting any better, so he is definitely going to have to open the family kimono.

A*O

That's one definition of racism here too. But thanks to the #Offenderati almost ANY discussion about race is deemed inherently racist too. There's a debate brewing here about amending the Australian constitution to "recognise" the Aboriginal community as a distinct entity which some people think is progress and others think is divisive. I'm in the latter category.
    LaFolie likes this.
    Dame Edna Everage

Rihanna

Rachel Dolezal's a Hero

... Black Game Changer!

10/6/2015 7:11 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

File Under: Didn't See This One Comin' ... but Rihanna just went to bat for faux-black person Rachel Dolezal ... saying her ultra-tan charade was less disgraceful and more HEROIC!
    "I think she was a bit of a hero, because she kind of flipped on society a little bit," Rihanna told Vanity Fair.
    "Is it such a horrible thing that she pretended to be black? Black is a great thing, and I think she legit changed people’s perspective a bit and woke people up."
    Dolezal was mocked relentlessly for pretending to be black -- and resigned from her position as the President of the Spokane Chapter of the NAACP after she was exposed.
    But now with Rihanna's support ... is it possible Dolezal can make a legitimate comeback?

Read more: Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Celebrity News | TMZ.com
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

oh, riri...
    if dolezal is a 'hero' for anything, it's for being a seemingly endless source of entertainment. moar dolezal!
    Just Kill Me and joebob like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Rachel Dolezal: My Baby's Name Has Strong Roots

Breaking News
    Rachel Dolezal just gave birth to a healthy baby boy, and while she's been mum on the baby daddy's identity and ethnicity ... the kid's name is kinda telling.
    The infamous former NAACP leader posted a pic of her son who was born Tuesday, and said his name is Langston Attickus Dolezal. He's Rachel's third child ... she already has 2 older sons.
    Now, the name. Langston is for the black poet and civil rights activist Langston Hughes -- while Attickus looks to be a nod to Harper Lee's "To Kill a Mockingbird" character Atticus Finch ... a white lawyer who defended a wrongfully accused black man.
    As for the stray 'k' in Attickus -- our educated guess is it's a mashup with Crispus Attucks ... a black man widely held to be first casualty of the American revolution.
    Nice mix, Rachel.

Read more: Rachel Dolezal: My Baby's Name Has Strong Roots | TMZ.com
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

A*O

Or the dumb bitch can't spel.
    Dame Edna Everage

Didn't even know she was pregnant. Hope she didn't tan that baby..
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Gold Member

Awww,... really cute baby.

Didn't Atticus Finch turn out to be racist? You know, in Harper Lee's recent, "How to Ruin an Iconic Literary Character Forever Because It's Mine and I Can? "
    NickiDrea likes this.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread Information