Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree111Likes

Thread: Pregnant teen wins abortion case against her parents

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    Name another medical procedure that can be performed on a minor without parental consent?
    This is obviously not simply a "medical procedure" and it carries constitutional implications.
    Just Kill Me likes this.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    When it says that the parents have to pay have of what the birth will cost, how much are we talking about here? Because as a minor she should be in their insurance but does it cover childbirth?
    Our health insurance covers all prenatal care for minor females, including the delivery, and the hospital stay after the birth. That said, it covers absolutely nothing, for the baby that is born, because the baby isn't technically a dependent of the primary insurance holder. So if I had a 16yo daughter, our insurance would pay for everything related to HER medical expenses, but wouldn't cover a thing for her baby.

Texas NARAL statement on the decision:

Heather Busby, executive director of Austin-based NARAL Pro Choice Texas told The Times the R.E.K. case does not set any new or troubling precedent.

“We support this woman and every young woman’s decision, whatever their decision is about their pregnancy,” she said. “It’s a victory for women’s reproductive health. It confirms that women should have the ability to determine what happens to their bodies and what happens with a pregnancy, no matter what the choice is.”

Texas parents agree to let pregnant teen keep her baby - latimes.com
    I do find it interesting that the argument used to stop the abortion was the protection granted under Roe v. Wade, just flipped.
    Flygirl likes this.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Agreed, this Heather Busby just made (and cheered) the pro-choice argument to a 'T.'
    Just Kill Me likes this.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Quote Originally Posted by BoogsBun View Post
    Our health insurance covers all prenatal care for minor females, including the delivery, and the hospital stay after the birth. That said, it covers absolutely nothing, for the baby that is born, because the baby isn't technically a dependent of the primary insurance holder. So if I had a 16yo daughter, our insurance would pay for everything related to HER medical expenses, but wouldn't cover a thing for her baby.
    our (united states) government does provide medical expenses for babies born to poor women. all you have to do (as the mother) is prove that you have no income or ability to provide medical expenses for your child. which a 16 year old mother could easily do. it may not be the greatest coverage, but a baby will not be denied.

This is mental. I hope this girl is ready to work hard throughout her pregnancy because I bet her folks won't be giving her a penny.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Quote Originally Posted by BoogsBun View Post
    I see. They'd better hope for a healthy baby...

I'm torn about this. She's way too young and I can totally see where her parents are coming from but she should be able to decide what happens to her own body. Pro choice means supporting every choice even an objectively stupid one. Her parents shouldn't be crying now, they should have raised her better. Same with the parents of that stupid looking teen who knocked her up.
    Kittylady, A*O, sprynkles and 1 others like this.
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

Quote Originally Posted by dexter7 View Post
    our (united states) government does provide medical expenses for babies born to poor women. all you have to do (as the mother) is prove that you have no income or ability to provide medical expenses for your child. which a 16 year old mother could easily do. it may not be the greatest coverage, but a baby will not be denied.
    But if the 16-year-old is still a dependent herself - and technically not poor if living under the roof of the 16-year-old's mother. It sounds like BoogsBun is saying that there is a gap in coverage for the baby where the 16-year-old would give birth under those circumstances.

sorry, but our government does provide in these circumstances. the hard part is filling out all the forms and applying for the aide. many people don't have the paitence to do so.....but it is there. the grandparents would not be billed for the grandchild's expenses.

Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    I see. They'd better hope for a healthy baby...

I'm torn about this. She's way too young and I can totally see where her parents are coming from but she should be able to decide what happens to her own body. Pro choice means supporting every choice even an objectively stupid one. Her parents shouldn't be crying now, they should have raised her better. Same with the parents of that stupid looking teen who knocked her up.
    Can't blame the parents for not raising her right. They may have hammered safe sex into her head for years, but teens will still be stupid and fuck without protection. We don't know.
    laynes, sluce, lindseyfan and 2 others like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I agree, Greys. It might not have anything to do with how they raised her. Horny teens will do what they want to do.

16 is very young BUT I've known quite a few girls from school who had babies at that age and they turned out fine and have nice families. So it's not always bad.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    But if the 16-year-old is still a dependent herself - and technically not poor if living under the roof of the 16-year-old's mother. It sounds like BoogsBun is saying that there is a gap in coverage for the baby where the 16-year-old would give birth under those circumstances.
    Yeah pretty much. Our insurance doesn't cover dependent's dependents, unless we have legal guardianship of our grandchild, or adopt it, etc. The grandbaby would have to go on Hoosier Healthwise.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    The teen claimed in the lawsuit that her parents had taken away her phone, pulled her out of school, forced her to get two jobs and took away her car in an effort to "make her miserable so that she would give in to the coercion and have the abortion."'
    If she doesn't plan on mooching off the system this is exactly what she'll be doing once the baby is born. Working her ass off to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    I agree, Greys. It might not have anything to do with how they raised her. Horny teens will do what they want to do.

16 is very young BUT I've known quite a few girls from school who had babies at that age and they turned out fine and have nice families. So it's not always bad.
    I also had friends that had babies at 16 and in their early 30s they became grandmas. You would think they would try to break the cycle. Some of them have grandchildren not much younger then my son!
    sputnik and Waterslide like this.
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

Well, in Poland when you go to school at 40 you can still sue your parents for financial support because you're educating yourself and it's their duty to pay for it. And judges are actually approving of this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information