Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "Pregnant Man" welcomes second child

obtuseness and narrow-mindedness does that to me.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Sputnik, you only say it sucks because you don't like it. So?

Did I say he wanted to be perceived as white woman? Has he told you he didn't? I said he could be perceived as looking like a white woman. Hasn't that joke been made numerous times here? It was an example, quite clearly, of how one looks doesn't change what one is.

If race doesn't relate to the subject, why is it brought up so often when dealing with LGBT discussions? Double standard again. Retract the claws. She is still a she regardless of what she has cut off, sewn on, or how much beard she grows. Show me a man who has working female reproductive organs which allows for two successful gestations, then I will be interested. I don't care if she wants to become a lizard, she's still what DNA dictated.

Let's go for simple: It doesn't matter what you call something. It is what it is. She isn't a man, regardless of how hard she tries to be. Painting an orange green doesn't make it an apple.

again, would you call him a her or she at a social function, to his face?

would you be that rude?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

re: RIS' post

no, i didn't say it sucks because i don't like it. i said it sucks because it's a poor example and makes no sense within the argument. and no, it's not a double standard. race is brought up when discussing gay rights because my argument is that homophobia and racism (and i could also add sexism to the list) are equally bad, not that race and sexual preference are exactly the same. it is the discrimination against either that i am equating, not the issues themselves. what i'm saying is that it is just as unacceptable to be homophobic as it is to be racist and as it is to be sexist. do you see what i mean?
    that is not the same as saying that sex and race and sexual preference are the same thing. that's like saying that, because i believe that men and women are equal, i must also think that they are exactly the same.

and no, he is not a she. or rather, he is a she in terms of biology and chromosomes, but not in terms of gender.
    and if you don't see that, then it's not my fault you don't understand the meaning of the word 'gender' and again, fail to realise the world is not black and white and not everything can be neatly categorised in two little boxes. sex and gender are not equivalent and all your narrow-mindedness can't make it so.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

On a side note---how is it that the wife breastfeeds? Can they give you hormones or something to make you lactate? And if so, couldn't they do that for women who don't produce enough milk (doesn't seem like they do)? CONFUSED.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

i was wondering that as well. i think there must be pills?

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    On a side note---how is it that the wife breastfeeds? Can they give you hormones or something to make you lactate? And if so, couldn't they do that for women who don't produce enough milk (doesn't seem like they do)? CONFUSED.
    Yes. A doctor will give you an injection so you start producing milk. Many women who adopt babies choose to do this.

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have. ~Thomas Jefferson

ahh, sputnik

She is a female who wishes society to see her in a masculine gender role. I absolutely understand the the definitions of gender and sex. If you want to be nitpicky, gender and sex are, in current societal terms, use synonymously. Gender role would be more suitably used when discussing this.

Pretty simple. Ranting about the difference between gender and sex won't make her a man who gave birth. She obviously hasn't even completed the transformation.

This has nothing to do with being narrow-minded. I don't care which gender role this person wishes to identify with, the issue is this biological female trying to be seen as special, aka being an attention whore, for doing something females do every day.

People point out that she, biologically, did nothing extraordinary, even though he, in the gender role chosen, seems to think so and that is somehow morally wrong? Please!

The media is not completely innocent in trying to promote this as something it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post

Pretty simple. Ranting about the difference between gender and sex won't make her a man who gave birth.
    see my first post in the thread. no one is saying a biological male gave birth.

See my posts. A female, who just happens to have taken hormones, had a mastectomy, and chosen to adopt the physical appearance commonly attributed to males in this society, gave birth. I'm sure there is at least one or two other masculine appearing women who are mothers.

OCK

That's where many believe she strayed from what otherwise would have been correct representation of her inner/biological conflict of being born into the wrong body/gender.
    I think the only reason he got pregnant is because he and his wife wanted children and she couldn't get pregnant. If she could I don't think he would have bothered. I guess adoption wasn't an option for whatever reason.
    ~~~Jesus please save me from your fanclub~~~

Why am I not surprised at the transphobia in this thread?
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    ahh, sputnik

She is a female who wishes society to see her in a masculine gender role. I absolutely understand the the definitions of gender and sex. If you want to be nitpicky, gender and sex are, in current societal terms, use synonymously. Gender role would be more suitably used when discussing this.

Pretty simple. Ranting about the difference between gender and sex won't make her a man who gave birth. She obviously hasn't even completed the transformation.

This has nothing to do with being narrow-minded. I don't care which gender role this person wishes to identify with, the issue is this biological female trying to be seen as special, aka being an attention whore, for doing something females do every day.

People point out that she, biologically, did nothing extraordinary, even though he, in the gender role chosen, seems to think so and that is somehow morally wrong? Please!

The media is not completely innocent in trying to promote this as something it isn't.
    ITA and yes: the media latched on to it. Must have been a slow news day.

Quote Originally Posted by OCK View Post
    I think the only reason he got pregnant is because he and his wife wanted children and she couldn't get pregnant. If she could I don't think he would have bothered. I guess adoption wasn't an option for whatever reason.
    That doesn't change the fact that she sought publicity, like I said before,
    wasn't outed by a third party, to promote the event as something it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Aella View Post
    Why am I not surprised at the transphobia in this thread?
    I don't know who you are talking about. I'm not transphobic. It is quite
    tragic if you are born into the wrong body. Because not everybody's
    family is able to believe, much less understand what such a discovery
    entails. Their lack of support only increases pressure and stress on the
    transgender person's journey that is already physically and emotionally
    hard. If I have any phobia it is against fame/attention whores who
    misrepresent facts in order to gain fame/attention.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Well, it is out of the ordinary, as evidenced by everyone's confusion of how the details work (lactation question for example.) I think people are just getting hung up on the misleading headlines but to be fair they do explain why they call him a man and that he is biologically a female. They're not claiming magic or something absurd. It's just not something you usually see and so it's news-worthy.

A*O

I don't understand why a woman who as always felt like a man and takes some fairly extreme medical steps to become one doesn't go the whole hog and have her uterus and ovaries which pump female hormones into her system and the very things that make her female removed too. It would make the transition from female to male much easier surely? And if he is so sure he's a he then why get preggo, the ultimate statement of femininity it's possible to make. I just get the sense he wants it both ways - to be taken seriously as a man by society, but also to be accepted as a mother.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information