Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Police Kill Armed Eighth Grader in School Hallway

That and the fact that most cops couldn't hit the side of a barn.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth View Post
    The kid is a moron for not listening to the damn police. Not that I'd come to school with a gun (real or not) but I'm pretty sure that I would listen to a group of policemen pointing their guns at me. What I don't understand is why the police couldn't shoot him in the leg or use a taser.
    Shit.. Would you get close enough to someone holding a gun just so you could tase them? If so.. you're a bad ass. I'm shooting.

Nice job by the parents on this one.
    Interested in seeing what comes out of this. I wonder if people will end up blaming the police because he was so young?

Very very sad!

Suicide by cop, indeed. Sad all around
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

I think they did the right thing. They had no way of knowing if his weapon wasn't real. He led them to believe he had a loaded gun and that he intended to use it against the officers (when he pointed it at them) or others. If my kid were a student in that school, I would be thankful that the officers acted in the best interest of everyone else instead of failing to do their jobs just because he was a minor. It's not like this kid was some innocent bystander. Based on the facts presented in the article, it's clear that he didn't have good intentions (he also had another weapon). Maybe the serious action taken by the police will deter other students who had similar ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    I think they did the right thing. They had no way of knowing if his weapon wasn't real. He led them to believe he had a loaded gun and that he intended to use it against the officers (when he pointed it at them) or others. If my kid were a student in that school, I would be thankful that the officers acted in the best interest of everyone else instead of failing to do their jobs just because he was a minor. It's not like this kid was some innocent bystander. Based on the facts presented in the article, it's clear that he didn't have good intentions (he also had another weapon). Maybe the serious action taken by the police will deter other students who had similar ideas.
    seriously?
    most school shootings have been carried out by kids who either kill themselves after, or wait for the cops to kill them. death is not a deterrent since that's part of the deal in the first place. kids doing this know they are going to die.
    this case sounds like textbook suicide by cop.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

^^ I went to a middle school with a lot of gang activity and I could see some of the kids at that school bringing a gun to school to threaten people, or for a gang fight after school, and not intending to die themselves. We had kids who made threats like this and the administration would do nothing about it. I was terrified going to school there so I'm in favor of police action that makes kids at similar schools feel safer.

so you're saying every kid who brings a gun to school should be summarily executed by police and shot on sight?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

No, but I'm saying that I think these things should be taken very seriously, and that means if you bring a gun to school and point it at someone, there's a high likelihood you're going to be shot... not just walk away with a slap on the wrist and street cred.

um, i would say school shootings get taken pretty seriously in the u.s... maybe it wasn't the case when you were in school but in recent years there has been a kind of collective hysteria about it and i don't know how anyone can say it's not taken seriously.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information