Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pennsylvania hospital announces it won't hire smokers

Unless you're eating something particularly pungent (like curry), food doesn't stick to your clothes. Breath, yes, but not hair or clothes.

True, but Dragon Breath is horrid. Italian food seems to be a big offender,too.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Does it matter? Stank is stank.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

^ It does, depending on the contact you have with the person.
    Dental hygienists are all up in your face, so yes, if they ain't something powerful it would adversely affect you.
    If it's a nurse in a hospital, chances are they're not getting close enough for you to smell their breath, so it wouldn't have the same effect as the smoke clinging to their clothes and hair.
    So hospitals banning smoking =/= banning food was my point.
    I can see it both ways, though I admit as a non-smoker, it's harder for me to empathize with smokers. Logically I know it's kind of unfair, but I work with smokers and they STANK, especially after just coming back inside

some people wear stank ass cologne and have bad B.O.
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Oh, yeah cologne is definitely another one that should never be inside a hospital.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    I wish they would ban garlic eaters, who go to lunch then breathe straight on you! I am talking to you, Ms Dental Assistant at my DDS.
    One would think that in her line of work she would would not committ such faux paus.
    Oh, and stanky cologne is horrible to swallow.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

I don't work in a hospital, but my boss used to wear Lolita Lempicka, and good Lord, I wanted to gag every time she came near. Fortunately, she stopped wearing it.

I can see banning smoking during working hours, even off premises. But banning smokers altogether is crossing a line. If someone chooses to have a cigarette in their private life, that's their business. It's along the lines of alcohol.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    I can see banning smoking during working hours, even off premises. But banning smokers altogether is crossing a line. If someone chooses to have a cigarette in their private life, that's their business. It's along the lines of alcohol.
    This. I don't even smoke but I can't believe they are trying to tell people that they can't perform a perfectly legal activity in their own homes. What a slippery slope.
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

Absolutely ridiculous. Tobacco is a legal product so there's no reason for not allowing your employees to smoke. Not allowing to smoke inside a certain buliding, of course. But what they do in their private lifes - and that includes the lunch time, too - you shouldn't have control over that.

I heard from a friend of mine who works at a insurance company that all employees who can prove they don't smoke at all (with monthly medical tests) get a bonus by end of the year. Now that would be something I'd totally support. Reward the non-smokers instead of punish the smokers.
    -

I had really bad asthma as a kid and I would get asthma attacks from the smell of smoke on people's clothes. Just sayin'.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

^ Things like that are why it's a good decision imo.

This is stupid. I agree that they can enforce this during working hours if they wish but saying what employees can and can't do during their free time is inappropriate.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information