Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Pediatrician arrested for child molestation

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Hour View Post
    Let me get this straight...It's ok to sleep at Michael Jackson's house but not ok for a doctor/dentist/nurse to see your child unsupervised??

Quote Originally Posted by DolceVita View Post
    I'm 30
    My mum used to be a nurse and for some strange reason thinks there are too many male nurses now. She also made a valid point that a muslim woman wouldn't be expected to be left alone with a male nurse. I think having a choice is the best way and when I had an internal my fenale GP asked if I wanted my then boyfriend to come in with me.

I think mum needs to let her big girl deal with doctor visits on her own. I know two males nurses, by the way. They are awesome. Saying there are too many male nurses is like saying there are two many female doctors.
    Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    My former gynecologist was a man and there was never a nurse present when he did exams. He was a decent guy though. Did his job, tried his best not to make you feel too weird during internals, and that was that.
    I once had a regular doctor offer to give me a breast exam. Actually, he was insisting that he had trained in it and I didn't need to bother going to the gyno for it. I refused and called my HMO. They didn't give a flying fuck, despite me saying over and over that it was very, very odd that the dude was insisting he could do it and getting 'insulted' when I refused. All they did was switch me to another doctor. Another reason I hate HMO's.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

I bet he does not even survive a year from now-prison justice and guards 'forgetting' to protect him.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Quote Originally Posted by Seapharris7 View Post
    Interesting. Where the GYNO all males? Because I dont think when I've had a female GYNO that a nurse was present.
    My gyno is female and her nurse has always stayed in the room for my mascara-wand smearing. The nurse is such an asshole, though, I wish she'd leave and let me take my chances.

Well, obviously all straight men are pedophiles and cannot be in jobs where they have access to children.

*cough*
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Seapharris7 View Post
    Same - it might be different rules in different states. We're both from Texas... maybe they didnt like being repeatedly sued.
    Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Heck no! I have had exams in 3 different states, including Alaska. They ALL had a nurse present.
    Well, since aabbcc is in Canada...

There was always a nurse present when my ob-gyn would examine me, but I think that's because he'd been sued before. In all my previous experience, there was never anybody else present, just signage up saying to simply let them know if you would like to have someone else present.

I can't fathom leaving my child alone in any doctor's office.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Quote Originally Posted by *DIVA! View Post
    Sick fucker.. But, come on.. Look at him, who would leave, let alone take their kid to a Pediatrician who looked like that.
    Exactly what I thought. He looks like a psycho freak.

When my sibs and I were little, DRs and dentists would get pissed/refuse to see us when my parents would insisted on being in the room. We went to a lot of people trying to find ones that would let them stay. My parents wouldn't leave us anywhere alone.
    "Just because I walked into a turd supermarket doesn't mean I have to buy anything." - John Oliver

What a sick fuck. I hope he rots in prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinola View Post
    Some of the posts here seem to blame the parents, and I wouldn't go that far. One thing I've learned, for example, is that people from lower-class backgrounds are much less likely to fight this kind of policy and just do what doctors and other people they perceive as authority figures ask. Also, despite his appearance in that photo, this doctor may have been good at winning the trust of parents.
    My thoughts exactly. We don't know the circumstances of the parents, and people in general are more inclined to trust doctors.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    I bet he does not even survive a year from now-prison justice and guards 'forgetting' to protect him.
    I hope you're right!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

No Decision Over Bradley Evidence as Police Defend Search

Updated: Sep 02, 2010 7:23 AM MDT
    Earl B. Bradley

GEORGETOWN, Del.- Delaware State Police stood behind their testimony in Superior Court Wednesday despite receiving a grilling on the witness stand from public defenders who claim police illegally searched accused pedophile Earl Bradley's former office.

The hearing marked the second day of testimony for a request by the defense attorneys but ended without a final decision. Public defenders are asking Judge William Carpenter Jr. to toss out evidence seized by police from a search of the Lewes office on Dec. 16, 2009.

Bradley's attorneys argue police overstepped their bounds, entering buildings and collecting items that weren't listed on the search warrant.

Bradley, 57, is accused of sexually assaulting more than 100 patients and faces hundreds of child sex charges. The defendant sat in court in a dark gray prison jumpsuit, shackled at the feet, as his lawyers drilled police to explain their actions.

The defense tried to portray the police work as sloppy. At least three detectives admitted under oath they did not read the warrant before conducting the search. Some said they weren't given specific limitations on what to search or seize.

State police investigator Thomas Elliott said Tuesday he saw what he believed were two buildings on Bradley's property when looking from the street and did not include smaller outbuildings on site in the search warrant because he assumed they were part of the main office.

The lead investigator repeatedly said he made the decision to enter all four buildings on site, even though the warrant only included two, because he felt the warrant was sufficient. When recalled to the stand late Wednesday, public defender Dean Johnson asked Elliott why he did not consult with an attorney from the Justice Department heading to the scene before entering.

Bradley's attorneys also argue police went too far in collecting computers, cameras and thumb drives after medical files of seven children listed in the warrant had already been retrieved.

Detective Kevin Perna testified police removed the electronic devices because medical files could potentially be altered from a remote location. Public defenders asked how Bradley could alter the files if he was in police custody by the time of the search.

Detective James Spillan, with the High Tech Crimes Unit, told the court the number of thumb drives in the buildings led him to believe documents or records were being stored digitally and justified their seizure. Spillan said he later reviewed the files and discovered what he thought was Bradley about to inappropriately touch a 2-year-old girl.

Public defender Stephanie Tsantes asked how Spillan could search the thumb drives if he did not know the names of the alleged victims listed in the search warrant.

Spillan admitted he did not know the alleged victims' names or if the paper copies of their medical files had already been retrieved by other officers. The detective said he planned to look for anything that remotely resembled a medical file and then alert the lead investigator.

Bradley was attentive and alert during the proceedings, at some points speaking with his lawyers. He appeared to have lost weight but looked otherwise healthy.

Both sides have finished with witnesses but no decision has been made. Carpenter did not indicate when he would hand down his decision. Bradley's trial and jury selection is scheduled to begin Feb. 14, 2011.

No Decision Over Bradley Evidence as Police Defend Search - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

I sincerely hope this motion is denied because this is one mofo who should never see the light of day again.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    I sincerely hope this motion is denied because this is one mofo who should never see the light of day again.
    I was in Delaware last weekend, and was kind of shocked to see this turn of events. It was pretty much the lead story in local papers.

This sob needs killing. Sorry, but I think I could actually kill this one myself. sick mother fucker!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    This sob needs killing. Sorry, but I think I could actually kill this one myself. sick mother fucker!
    I actually think that with alot of us, all it would take is viewing a half dozen 'tapes' of him molesting infants/small children, and then we would actually be ok with marching him into some field ourselves and putting a bullet into the back of his head.

There is no redemption possible for this kind of heinous repeat offender. 103 kids? Kill him now. Let me see a view tapes(to make sure it really is him doing this-so I can see and KNOW it to be true...but only with some drug so I could record that yes, he did it-but have no memory of seeing any of it ) and I will take a gun and shoot him in the back of the head.

You're way too nice. I'd shoot him in the back of the ankle, in the thigh, in the dick... let the fucker suffer and bleed and writhe in pain and then, maybe hours later, die very, very slowly. I'd pull up a fucking chair and grab a bucket of popcorn and kick dirt in his wounds.
    Kat Scorp likes this.
    "Not only do we embrace it, we take it out for drinks, get it absolutely steaming drunk, leg hump it and then leave it covered in shaving foam and a stolen Chuck E Cheese outfit in its own bath with no recollection of how it got there." -Kittylady on the sad and pathetic and strange.

Lawsuit involving pedophile pediatrician settled

RANDALL CHASE Associated Press The Associated Press

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 6:11 PM EDT
    FILE - This Dec. 18, 2009 file photo shows Dr. Earl B. Bradley in Georgetown, Del.... (AP Photo/The News Journal, Gary Emeigh)

DOVER, Del. (AP) — Attorneys for the state medical society and a southern Delaware hospital have settled a class-action lawsuit filed on behalf of victims of former pediatrician Earl Bradley, who sexually abused scores of his young patients over more than a decade.

Under the settlement disclosed Wednesday, $123 million will be placed into a trust for the benefit of victims. Bradley, 59, is serving 14 life sentences for child rape.

The victims fund is composed mainly of insurance proceeds, with an additional cash contribution from Beebe Medical Center.

Defendants in the lawsuit included Beebe — where Bradley had hospital privileges — the Medical Society of Delaware, and five physicians accused by the plaintiffs of not reporting suspicions about the ex-doctor to authorities.

The settlement resolves claims against all the defendants.

Attorneys representing the victims declined to comment Wednesday. Attorneys for Beebe said in a statement that "all parties compromised."

Superior Court Judge Joseph Slights III has scheduled a Nov. 13 hearing to consider the fairness of the settlement.

The plan submitted to the court provides for claimants to be separated into five categories, based upon the harm suffered and the need for continued therapy. Children within each category will receive the same compensation, but it's unclear what the range of payments could be among categories or how many families will get money.

The fund will administered by Thomas Rutter, a former Pennsylvania judge who served as a settlement arbitrator in the Catholic Diocese of Wilmington's bankruptcy. The diocese sought bankruptcy protection in 2009 because of liabilities stemming from child abuse by pedophile priests.

Rutter will be assisted by Dr. Anne Steinberg, a Pennsylvania pediatrician and child forensic psychiatrist.

Bradley was arrested in December 2009 after a young girl complained to her mother after an office visit that he had hurt her.

Investigators searched Bradley's Lewes office complex, decorated with Disney characters and miniature amusement park rides, and seized scores of homemade videos showing children, mostly toddlers, being molested.

Bradley was convicted last year by a judge who viewed more than 13 hours of videos showing sex crimes against more than 80 victims. He waived his right to a jury trial after the judge denied a motion to suppress the video evidence because it had been illegally seized.

The Delaware Supreme Court last month upheld Bradley's conviction, rejecting his challenge to the search warrant. Bradley's public defenders have said they will not file any further appeals on his behalf, meaning a federal court review is unlikely.

Investigations ordered by Delaware's governor and attorney general after Bradley's arrest found that medical society officials, individual doctors and the Delaware Department of Justice violated state law by not reporting possible unprofessional behavior to the medical licensing board. The board itself was criticized for failing to act on information it did receive about Bradley.

State lawmakers subsequently passed several bills tightening regulation of doctors and clarifying obligations of the medical and law-enforcement communities to report and communicate about suspected physician misconduct and child abuse.

Lawsuit involving pedophile pediatrician settled - CenturyLink™
    I'm glad they put this sick fuck away forever.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information