Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: Pastor Who Left Sanctimonious Tip Gets Waitress Fired from Applebee’s

Quote Originally Posted by whitetigeress View Post
    FYI: Tons of people who work below min wage don't get tips and worry about paying rent.
    She ain't special.
    Really?
    Waterslide likes this.

I'm kind of mad that *I* can't go to my local Applebee's and only pay $35 for a party of eight.

Seriously though, the pastor should be absolutely ashamed of herself. It appears from her written comment that she was not dissatisfied with the service, just that she had to pay a pre-determined gratuity for large parties (and I would consider eight people a large party at an Applebee's). This is a well known practice in the restaurant business. Unbelieveable.

Honestly, she could have gotten off worse than just being humiliated. Every restaurant I've ever been to always has the <18%> gratuity for large parties right on the menu (even our local diner right down the street). IMO, she skipped out on a portion of her bill ... would she have rather been speaking to a policeman instead?
    Waterslide likes this.

Pastor Bell is so cheap she thinks the reason that Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead was because Lazarus owed him money.

Bitch seems to have forgotten that God don't like ugly.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Bitch seems to have forgotten that God don't like ugly.
    One of my Favorite sayings.

FYI: Tons of people who work below min wage don't get tips and worry about paying rent.
    She ain't special.
    Well thanks for the "FYI", I'll jot that down in my "Things I Larned on the Internetz" journal. You're right, there's nothing special about her. I wouldn't want to think a waitress is special for doing her job in a screwed-up industry where she depends on her tips for her livelihood, then gets shafted out of a tip by a sanctimonious, hypocritical asshole and then proceeds to lose her job because of said sanctimonious, hypocritical asshole. Tons of people are in her shoes everyday, nothing special about her. She's not special to you or me, but I'm sure her take home pay (including tips) is special to her landlord and grocery store. But why should anyone care?
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

She ain't special.
    who are these tons of people that work for below the minimum wage?
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    Seriously though, the pastor should be absolutely ashamed of herself. It appears from her written comment that she was not dissatisfied with the service, just that she had to pay a pre-determined gratuity for large parties (and I would consider eight people a large party at an Applebee's). This is a well known practice in the restaurant business. Unbelieveable.

Honestly, she could have gotten off worse than just being humiliated. Every restaurant I've ever been to always has the <18%> gratuity for large parties right on the menu (even our local diner right down the street). IMO, she skipped out on a portion of her bill ... would she have rather been speaking to a policeman instead?
    Exactly. Why punish the waitress, obviously she didn't write in what to tip, it's company policy (and as you said, standard in the industry and probably written on the menu) To add insult, it looks like she left NO tip at all from looking at the receipt. And a nasty remark? I guess the good pastor doesn't follow the "do unto others" rule. Can't say I'm sorry she suffered some humiliation over it, even though I agree it wasn't a great idea to include her personal info on Reddit.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Pastor Bell is so cheap she thinks the reason that Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead was because Lazarus owed him money.
    *rim shot*
    MohandasKGanja likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    who are these tons of people that work for below the minimum wage?

The ones who live in tenaments or on the streets.

I wonder how many poor working people she helps in her ministry?
    The more people I encounter, the more I like my animals.

Quote Originally Posted by Quazar View Post
    The ones who live in tenaments or on the streets.

I wonder how many poor working people she helps in her ministry?
    I'm gonna have to go out on a limb and say none.

Sadly, to live in a tenement here you'd still need to earn more than minimum wage.

If people hear that people are working for less than minimum wage they should report it. It is against the law, after all.... and it definitely doesn't justify this waitress getting stiffed by some cheap bitch.
    shedevilang, Flygirl and gas_chick like this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Proverbs 14:31

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Sadly, to live in a tenement here you'd still need to earn more than minimum wage.

If people hear that people are working for less than minimum wage they should report it. It is against the law, after all.... and it definitely doesn't justify this waitress getting stiffed by some cheap bitch.
    ^What you said.

I was wondering since it was brought up, so I googled.

Subminimum Wage

There are some employees that can be paid at rates below the hourly minimum wage. Those employees are permitted to be paid at rate called a submininum wage.

Exceptions to Minimum Wage - Tips
    An employer of an employer who receives tips is required to pay $2.13 an hour in wages if that amount plus the tips received equals at least the federal minimum wage, the employee retains all tips and the employee customarily and regularly receives more than $30 a month in tips. If an employee's tips combined with the employer's direct wages of at least $2.13 an hour do not equal the federal minimum hourly wage, the employer must make up the difference.

Exceptions to Minimum Wage - Young Workers
    A minimum wage of $4.25 per hour applies to young workers under the age of 20 during their first 90 consecutive calendar days of employment with an employer, as long as their work does not displace other workers. After 90 consecutive days of employment or the employee reaches 20 years of age, whichever comes first, the employee must receive a minimum wage of $5.85 per hour.
    More Exceptions to Minimum Wage
    Employees hired for certain jobs or assigned certain duties are exempt from minimum wage. Here's a list of minimum wage exemptions
    Minimum Wage - Federal and State Minimum Wage Rates

Definition: Under the Fair Labors Standard Act, employees hired for certain jobs or assigned certain duties are exempt from minimum wage. The following jobs or duties are exempt from minimum wage. Minimum Wage Exemption
    1. Babysitters on a casual basis
    2. Companions for the elderly
    3. Workers with disabilities
    4. Federal criminal investigators
    5. Fishing workers
    6. Homeworkers making wreaths
    7. Newspaper delivery workers
    8. Newspaper employees of limited circulated newspapers
    9. Seamen on foreign vessels
    10. Switchboard operators
    11. Farmworkers employed on small farms
    12. Employees of certain seasonal amusement and recreational establishments
    Minimum Wage Exemptions

I don't know what it's like other places, but I had a pretty menial, crappy job when I was 15 and I was paid minimum wage or maybe a little bit above it.
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Definition: Under the Fair Labors Standard Act, employees hired for certain jobs or assigned certain duties are exempt from minimum wage. The following jobs or duties are exempt from minimum wage. Minimum Wage Exemption
    1. Babysitters on a casual basis
    2. Companions for the elderly
    3. Workers with disabilities
    4. Federal criminal investigators
    5. Fishing workers
    6. Homeworkers making wreaths
    7. Newspaper delivery workers
    8. Newspaper employees of limited circulated newspapers
    9. Seamen on foreign vessels
    10. Switchboard operators
    11. Farmworkers employed on small farms
    12. Employees of certain seasonal amusement and recreational establishments

What a random list of occupations. People doing craftwork in their home and criminal investigators at a federal level are both treated the same way? Any why shouldn't people with disabilities be paid at least minimum wage? Isn't that discrimination?
    The more people I encounter, the more I like my animals.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information