Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Parents Beg For Missing KC Baby's Return

fgg

Baby Lisa Disappearance: Police Question Mother

Ten-month-old Lisa has chubby cheeks, a sparkling smile and a heartbreaking pet name within her family: "Pumpkin Pie."

According to her parents, the night of Oct. 3 started out like any other at their Kansas City, Mo., home. While Lisa's dad Jeremy Irwin was working the graveyard shift as an electrician, Lisa's mom Deborah Bradley put the baby to bed in her crib.

But when Irwin returned home early the next morning, he found the front door unlocked, a window open, three cell phones missing – and Lisa's crib empty.

Her parents say they are devastated and desperate to find Lisa – and have hired a private investigator to aid the search. In one of several public pleas, Bradley held up a Barney stuffed animal and sobbed: "We just want our baby back. Please, bring her home."

But in a case reminiscent of the Caylee Anthony disappearance, as police begin a second week of searching for baby Lisa, questions are being raised about the parents' story, and what really happened that Monday night.

Mother Facing Questions

Bradley has acknowledged that police accused her of doing something to Lisa. She says authorities also told her that she failed a polygraph test (police said they would not discuss any result). A relative says that Bradley is bracing to be arrested at any moment.

"From the start when they've questioned me, once I couldn't fill in gaps, it turned into: 'You did it, you did it,'" Bradley tells Good Morning America.

Irwin acknowledges the bizarre nature of the scene, telling GMA that, "The windows were open and lights were on and she was nowhere to be found. We've been going over everything in our minds. We just don't have any idea."

Still, both parents – who are engaged to be married and have two other children – have worked with police along the way, with the notable exception of one disputed point when investigators claimed the parents had ceased cooperating. The family say they were simply exhausted by incessant questioning, and soon after were back speaking with police.

Police Capt. Steve Young denies that the investigation is focusing primarily on family members.

"We're spending our time looking at everything," he tells the Today show. "We have detectives farmed in and out of it all day long, chasing leads as they come and getting a lot of help from local police departments and some federal agencies as well, so we're spending our time everywhere."

No Strong Leads

Police staged a recreation of a break-in into the home, and the outcome showed that entering through a window was awkward and noisy. On Tuesday, investigators spent several hours at a well at an abandoned house near Lisa's home, but came up empty.

The front- and backyards of the family home have been searched with metal detectors. Local TV stations have been subpoenaed for footage of interviews with family, friends and neighbors. People have been interviewed about a homeless man seen recently in the neighborhood.

But with what appears to be a lack of solid leads in this baffling case, the family says they believe police are focusing on them to the exclusion of other possibilities.

In an interview with ABC News, Ashley Irwin, Lisa's aunt, said Bradley is preparing to be charged in the case, and that the family believes Bradley's arrest is "inevitable," which Ashley calls a mistake.

"Anybody who spends any time with them, you know it's not true," Ashley says. "She's genuine. She loves that child. It's her baby. … She would never anything to hurt her."
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

They showed footage of the Mom at a grocery store the day the baby disappeared, and she was with a strange man. Anyone hear anything else new on this?

Something stinks with this story,...but I can't figure it out.

^ I heard this morning that the "strange man" was her brother.

fgg

Baby Lisa's Uncle Identified as Man in Surveillance Tape

The man seen on a surveillance tape shopping with Baby Lisa's mother has been identified as the woman's brother, according to a news report.

Deborah Bradley and her brother were purchasing wine for a family event at the Festival Foods near her home in Kansas City, Mo., family members tell KCTV5.

According to the station, police have interviewed the brother and determined he wasn't involved in the disappearance of 10-month-old Lisa.

The baby went missing the night of Oct. 3, just hours after the shopping trip.

Bradley has been interviewed by authorities and fears she'll be arrested at any moment, a relative says.

I think that the baby was killed (accidentally? intentionally?) by one of the other kids while the mother was out, and she is covering for it. I suspect that Lisa is very, very close by - could be as close as buried under the house. It is sad to think of this. I have a 7 mo. old - can't even comprehend something like this happening to him.

You would have thought they would have known who the guy in the video was right away. The media yesterday kept implying it was a strange man, so it just gave a negative look to the Mom. I'd be pissed if I was her,..IF I didn't do it, that is.

I think the police try to turn up the heat on parents by leaking things to the media that make them look guilty. They hope the parents get nervous and someone confesses or gives up the other. Sucks if you're innocent.

Quote Originally Posted by LucreziaBorgia View Post
    I think that the baby was killed (accidentally? intentionally?) by one of the other kids while the mother was out, and she is covering for it. I suspect that Lisa is very, very close by - could be as close as buried under the house. It is sad to think of this. I have a 7 mo. old - can't even comprehend something like this happening to him.
    There'd be no need to cover that up though. The boys are too young to be held responsible.

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    I think the police try to turn up the heat on parents by leaking things to the media that make them look guilty. They hope the parents get nervous and someone confesses or gives up the other. Sucks if you're innocent.
    I think so too. Sometimes it's just a waste of time. I also think they put way to much into polygraph tests. Saying people "pass" or "fail" isn't really accurate. I watched something about how unreliable polygraphs really are, especially when you are under stress or are scared and upset. Especially when you know the line of questioning you are about to receive will ultimately determine your fate. Wasn't there a boyfriend or husband of someone missing that took a polygraph and failed, then she was found safe? Maybe the runaway bride?? Also, they make people sound guilty when they decide to stop talking a get an attorney. Sometimes, you have to protect yourself.

This story does seem odd.

^^They are unreliable. If I was in this situation, I would never agree to take a polygraph. My nerves would be off the charts, maybe throwing it off.

The news is showing family videos. So sad.

fgg

true but they ask you a long series of questions. if it was just nerves or something, you'd fail a ton of questions including the obvious ones like "is your name X?".

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    true but they ask you a long series of questions. if it was just nerves or something, you'd fail a ton of questions including the obvious ones like "is your name X?".
    Yes and all the police would release to the media was that I failed the polygraph.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by bellini View Post
    ^^They are unreliable. If I was in this situation, I would never agree to take a polygraph. My nerves would be off the charts, maybe throwing it off.
    I'm not sure anyone should agree to a polygraph at any time. It's basically a form of questioning without a lawyer present. You can implicate yourself even if you aren't guilty of anything since the results can be interpreted any way the cops choose.

Frankly, Lie Detectors are just a form of intimidation. Yeah, if my kid were missing I'd slap the sensors on myself ASAP to get it over with and move things forward, but that don't make polygraphs right.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Lie Detectors are not reliable enough to use in court, so no I wouldn't take one either.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by bellini View Post
    Yes and all the police would release to the media was that I failed the polygraph.
    Lauer asked, “Let me ask both of you some direct questions: Have both of you taken lie-detector tests, polygraphs as part of this investigation?"

Deborah Bradley said, “ I have, I volunteered they said that I failed and I continued to say that's not possible, because I have no idea, I don't know where she's at, I did not do this.”

Bradley also said police accused her of failing a polygraph test. Police said they could not comment on this claim, but said Bradley is "free to say whatever she wants."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-bab...ry?id=14688581

In this case, by her own words, she volunteered for the polygraph and she is the one who gave the info to the media regarding the polygraph etc..

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information