Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Parents Beg For Missing KC Baby's Return

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    I would be willing to answer any questions as long as I knew they were still looking for the real kidnapper. I would be furious if I felt they were focusing on me at the expense of the investigation.
    Tough call. The cops want to register the concern of the parents immediately, while being sensitive and looking for clues in their testimony.

No one should be questioned by police without a lawyer present, though.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

I think the whole story is BS. Either mum or dad killed the baby(maybe accidentally) and it's one big cover up by them, IMO.

Bronze Member

Hayleigh Cummings all over again. Very similar stories.

I don't think this baby will ever be found. Alive or dead. (I hope I'm wrong and she's found alive and well.)

Looking like mom here. I wonder what Nancy Grace will call this one.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I agree the cell phone story sounds really lame. Three cell phones, all within reach of the baby snatcher? Why wouldn't the dad have taken one of the phones with him when he went to work?
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    I agree the cell phone story sounds really lame. Three cell phones, all within reach of the baby snatcher? Why wouldn't the dad have taken one of the phones with him when he went to work?
    I've been wondering that myself. I hate this but my moneys on either mom, dad, or both. Heartbreaking, but I just don't feel a good outcome from this.

It does sound dodgy but any Aussie old enough to remember the Azaria Chamberlain case knows not to pass judgement based on weird shit that might not be evidence but might actually just be weird shit. And in the end it really was the dingo who did it.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

So I just read that there was a fire at a dumpster about a mile from their home at 2.27am on the night Lisa went missing. And a phone call was made on one of the missing mobile phones at 2.30 am. Hmm.

Elite Member

I was going to say before...I don't think these parents sound smart enough or sociopathic enough to hold up under intense questioning. I know this is going to have a sad ending, but I hope they nail the parents (or other perpetrators).

We have 4 cell phones, mine, hubbys, son #1, and the house phone which we converted into a cell phone. But they are never laying side by side on the counter.

I had no idea on those missing baby stats. WOW.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

fgg

Authorities scour neighborhood for missing Missouri baby

Kansas City, Missouri (CNN) -- A frantic search for a missing 10-month-old Missouri girl left investigators scouring a Kansas City neighborhood Saturday, a day after searching a nearby creek and landfill.

Federal authorities joined police in the search effort this week, speaking with neighbors and sweeping the area with metal detectors in an expanded search for Lisa Irwin. Police said they have no suspects or solid leads.

Michael Lerette, a family spokesman for the parents of the missing infant, said police collected what could be forensic evidence in the case, but authorities have declined to comment on that claim.

The search, meanwhile, remains clouded by what Kansas City police Capt. Steve Young said was the missing girl's parents' decision to stop cooperating with detectives. Police said they made several efforts Saturday to reach out to the parents.

But a woman who identified herself as the sister of Jeremy Irwin late Thursday read a statement on behalf of her brother and Deborah Bradley, parents of missing the girl.

"We have never stopped cooperating with the police. We've been cooperative from day one and we continue to assist the police with the investigation," the statement by Ashley Irwin said. "The main goal has always been to find Lisa and bring her home. That remains the sole focus of the parents."

Lerette said that the parents had been exhausted from questioning at the police station. "I think it's just a lot of miscommunication, to be honest."

Young said the couple's decision to leave the station impacts the case.

"I don't have to illustrate how that affects the investigation," Young said. "It speaks for itself."

Lisa was last seen around 10:30 p.m. Monday, asleep in her crib, police said. Authorities were called to the home at about 4 a.m. Tuesday.

"It appears the suspect entered/exited through a bedroom window," authorities said in a statement. "Evidence at the scene leads police to believe the child has been abducted."

Jeremy Irwin told reporters that he found Lisa missing when he got home from work. "The front door was unlocked," he said Thursday. "Most of the lights were on in the house, and the window in front was open -- all very unusual."

The couple also said three cell phones were missing at their home, according to Young.

Lisa is described as 30 inches tall with blue eyes and blond hair, police said.

She weighs between 26 and 30 pounds and was last seen wearing purple shorts and a purple shirt with white kittens on it.

The missing girl has two bottom teeth, a small bug bite under her left ear and a "beauty mark" on her right outer thigh.

She currently has a cold with a cough, police said.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I just don't get this story. Someone came in through the front window and turned on all of the lights? Swiped the baby, three cell phones and left through the front door?

I wonder if mom was passed out.

K, I just caught up on the story and have a few thoughts.

Firstly I think the cops were being arseholes by holding that press conference and publically claiming the parents weren't co-operating anymore. The parents participated in several hours of questioning; the father offered to do a polygraph and they did all this without a lawyer. Then they said they needed a break; it was a question of stamina - the cops were laying it on thick. For the boys in blue to hold a press conference an hour later and claim the parents had ceased co-operating was vicious.

She also described to "Good Morning America" how two other children from previous relationships who live in the house have been handling the situation.
    Who was the second kid from the previous marraige? There's an 8yr old boy in the house from her previous relationship, and their shared 6yr son - plus one more kid. How old is this third child? Old enough to let someone into the house? And yes, I thinks it's strange that with so many people in a house, 'no one heard a thing'.

The lights being turned on is the bothersome factor for me. I turn every light off before I go to bed and when I was a babysitter it annoyed the hell out of me that the girls I babysat kept turning the damn lights on at night and leaving them on. I didn't want to scare them, but even as a teen I was well aware that creeps wander up to windows at night at look into womens' houses. Closed curtains and darkness is essential or they can see you and can see where the lock is on the window/door - even tell if it's unlocked or easy to unlock.

If the lights were on and a window or door was unlocked before everyone went to bed... or one of the bloody kids got up and turned on the lights as they wandered through the house to get a glass of water, then I can believe that a creep walked the outside of the house, scoped it through the windows, broke in, took the girl and grabbed the phones to lengthen his getaway time.

I can't afford landlines and use a mobile (Aussie word for cell phone). And for the person who asked "why do they need three cells phones":

Bradley said that she had left three cell phones on the kitchen counter, where she had been re-programming the numbers.
    ... that suggests to me a new cell phone/s and she was moving the numbers to the new phone/s. Followed home from the phone store?

So I just read that there was a fire at a dumpster about a mile from their home at 2.27am on the night Lisa went missing. And a phone call was made on one of the missing mobile phones at 2.30 am.
    Don't be a tease Sarzy; source me
    Tiene razon, y gracias por su opinion. Now go fuck yourself.

^ The kids are 6 and 8. The third child is Lisa. Lisa is the child they had together.
    I read about the dumpster fire on webslueths. I'll try and find a link.

Eta- There's too many threads to go through now on webslueths but I found it on another forum.
    JusticeQuest - View Single Post - Lisa Irwin, 10 Month Old Girl, Kansas City, MO #2

Thanks, often I prefer justicequest over webslueths - less cooks to spoil the broth

Edited to add that now I've read their choc lab was in the backyard and known to bark, but didn't that night. K, that looks suspect.
    Last edited by Kat Scorp; October 9th, 2011 at 07:53 AM.
    Tiene razon, y gracias por su opinion. Now go fuck yourself.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information