Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Parents Beg For Missing KC Baby's Return

Quote Originally Posted by Mivvi21 View Post
    Are you talking about Paula Sims?
    That's the one I read about.
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

fgg

there was a "baby snatching" from a house in a town near me that was national news a few years ago and they never found her.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Are you talking about Paula Sims?
    Yes and the book was called Precious Victims. Supposedly her husband didn't want girls. They had a son who survived infancy. The whole case was just horrifying. Bitch wasn't wrapped too tight. She basically got away with the first one, but then used the exact same story again. Only a dumbass........

Quote Originally Posted by rockchick View Post
    Yes and the book was called Precious Victims. Supposedly her husband didn't want girls. They had a son who survived infancy. The whole case was just horrifying. Bitch wasn't wrapped too tight. She basically got away with the first one, but then used the exact same story again. Only a dumbass........
    I remember this story clearly. She was an absolute nut,and since it happened only about 15 or so miles from where I live it was constantly on the news. I just never really understood why having girls was such a problem according to her. I'm not sure if they ever said what the deal was with that or not.

I remember this story clearly. She was an absolute nut,and since it happened only about 15 or so miles from where I live it was constantly on the news. I just never really understood why having girls was such a problem according to her. I'm not sure if they ever said what the deal was with that or not.

You in Alton, Mivv? I'm in St Louis.

Just saw the parents on Good Morning America. Mom failed the lie detector and the police say they're no longer cooperating. Sadly, I can't say I'm shocked, isn't this how most of these cases end up? They're either being railroaded or guilty as sin.

Missing Baby Lisa: Parents Upset With Police Tough Tactics

By KEVIN DOLAK
    Oct. 7, 2011

The parents of missing Missouri baby Lisa Irwin are upset with "tough tactics" used by the police to extract information from them about what happened to their 10-month old.

The couple was displeased with how they were treated on Thursday during a day-long interrogation. Tactics allegedly used by the police included trying to turn the parents against one another, directly accused the mother of having failed a polygraph test, and accusing her of having something to do with the disappearance of her baby girl.

The parents say they are cooperating with the investigation but a statement from the Kansas City police claims the couple "no longer want to talk to detectives."

In the three days since baby Lisa went missing her parents Jeremy Irwin and Deborah Bradley have consistently said that their daughter was taken from her crib in the middle of the night while Jeremy Irwin was working an overnight shift and Bradley was sleeping.

"From the start when they've questioned me, once I couldn't fill in gaps, it turned into 'you did it, you did it,'" Deborah Bradley told "Good Morning America" on Friday. "They took a picture down from the table and said 'look at your baby! And do what's right for her!' I kept saying I don't know ... I just sat there. I didn't even ask to leave - I just let them keep asking questions."

Jeremy Irwin said that he needed to take a break from the intensive questioning and soon saw a police press conference where they stated that the parents had ceased to work with police on the investigation.

"We were in interrogated for a really long time Tuesday there again, answering questions….I just couldn't' take it anymore," he said. "I told them I had to have a break -- no more questions today. I asked to be let go, and they let me go from police station. An hour late was when we saw the press conference from them."

Both parents vehemently denied on "GMA" that they had any involvement with their daughter's disappearance, and reiterated their willingness to cooperate.

"We continue to ask, answer all the questions the best we can and do everything they tell us to do and so I mean, we've done everything we can do," Bradley said.

That conflicted with what Kansas City, Mo., police Capt. Steve Young said earlier.

"The mother and father no longer want to talk to detectives," Young said. "From an investigative standpoint, we enjoyed their cooperation. So far, [it] has been very beneficial to the case. But yeah, you can imagine it doesn't help the case" [that the cooperation has ended].

"Like I've said before, the cooperation of the parents is -- they live in the house. They intimately have information of what's been going on. They know the child, they were maybe one of our best bets to help find this child," Young said. "This doesn't help the investigation."

Ashley Irwin said her brother and Bradley would release a new statement on the case on Friday.

Police have said that they are still investigating what happened at the house Monday night when the baby, who the couple nicknamed "Pumpkin Pie," disappeared from her crib. But as soon as police announced Thursday that the parents had stopped cooperating, the police mobile command center -- which was right down the road from the home -- was closed. The police also pulled down the crime scene tape at the house.

"This evening we will be shutting down the command post. We believe we have done all we can regarding geographic searches and will continue tracking leads as we get them or develop additional information," police Officer Darin Snapp said in a news release Thursday.

Still, Officer Young confirms what the police have said since their initial questioning of the parents earlier this week – that they are not suspects in their child's disappearance.

"The investigation is directed and led by hard information," Young added. "Again, we don't have any suspects. If we had enough to charge anybody with, we probably would be issuing charges."

The dispute over whether Bradley and Irwin were cooperating came after ABC News learned the couple was trying to make lists of possible suspects for police by thinking about all of the people they cross paths with on a daily basis. That meant they were listing every grocer, utility worker who may have been in the house, former friend, classmate, neighbor or acquaintances who may have wanted a child.

They were trying to remember if anyone ever took particular interest in their little girl who was last seen by Bradley on Monday night when she put Lisa to bed at the family home.

Little by little, details have emerged about the mysterious events of Monday night.

The parents revealed this morning that their cell phones were missing when they frantically tried to call 911 after discovering that their "Pumpkin Pie" was not in her crib.

Lisa's visibly shaken father also told reporters about the "unusual" state he found his home in Monday night.

"The windows were open and lights were on and she was nowhere to be found," Irwin told "Good Morning America" today. "We've been going over everything in our minds. We just don't have any idea."

Irwin said that his front door was unlocked when he returned home from work as an electrician at 4 a.m. to find his daughter missing.

"They took her and took all of our phones so we couldn't call anybody," Irwin said, according to ABC News' Kansas City affiliate KMBC.

Bradley said that she had left three cell phones on the kitchen counter, where she had been re-programming the numbers.

"We were running around the house and were screaming for [Lisa] and she was nowhere," Bradley said. "Then I said, 'Call 911, call 911.' But Jeremy couldn't find the cell phones. They were gone."

She also described to "Good Morning America" how two other children from previous relationships who live in the house have been handling the situation.

"They were crying and asking where [Lisa] was," Bradley said through tears. "My 8-year-old, who's usually really strong, he kind of fell apart. We call her Pumpkin Pie and he said, 'Where's Pumpkin Pie, Mom?' And I couldn't tell him."

"Please. She has a family who loves her very much," Bradley cried. "Take her somewhere safe. Take her to a church, a hospital, a fire department. Just drop her off with somebody and then leave, no questions asked. We just want our baby back."

Bradley described the last time she saw her daughter and how she put her to sleep after changing her and putting her in fresh clothes. She said she put her daughter in her crib with her pacifier, blanket, glow worm toy and a Barney stuffed animal she loves to sleep with.

"I gave her her bottle and put her to sleep, and that was when we last saw her," Bradley said.

The case has baffled police, who still have no hard leads and no suspects, Young told ABCNews.com Thursday morning.

Kansas City police and FBI agents continued their investigation today with shoulder-to-shoulder searches through the dense woods behind the family's home Thursday. More than 300 law officers have been using helicopters, all-terrain vehicles and door-to-door interviews in the hunt for Lisa.

"We are interviewing family and friends just to eliminate everyone that's close to the family as suspects," Officer Darin Snapp said.

Ernie Allen of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children said that infant abduction cases are relatively rare. There have been 278 documented cases in which newborns or infants have been abducted since 1983.

Anyone with information on Lisa's disappearance should call the Kansas City Police Department hotline at 816-474-TIPS.

Missing Baby Lisa: Parents Upset With Police Tough Tactics - ABC News
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I know parents are and should be the first suspects, and this story seems flimsy to me, however, I would not submit to interrogations without a lawyer present.

^ I hear ya. It's a tough one. The minute they object to the questioning or get representation, they're guilty in the cop's eyes. Not to mention the public perception.

Although my first thought is always "hmmm...did the parents do it?" I also always think about cases where the parents were wrongly accused--like the Dowaliby case in Chicago.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Yeah the perception once you lawyer up is not a good one.

But I imagine, if it were me, that I'd be an emotional wreck potentially unable to keep details straight because I'm out of my mind. That's NOT helpful to the investigation and can lead to the cops overly-focusing on me and not the actual kidnapper.

I'd cooperate fully but want counsel to protect me and make sure the interrogations are useful so they can find my baby!

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    I know parents are and should be the first suspects, and this story seems flimsy to me, however, I would not submit to interrogations without a lawyer present.
    Me, either. Under any circumstances or for any reason. People think having a lawyer there makes them look guilty, but it doesn't - it just keeps shit on track.

I would be willing to answer any questions as long as I knew they were still looking for the real kidnapper. I would be furious if I felt they were focusing on me at the expense of the investigation.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

1. Is it weird that the mom has three cell phones? Why would one person have that many?

2. If the cell phones were stolen, and by the person who supposedly took the baby, why doesn't the cell phone company triangulate the signals on all three phones to possibly get an idea on where the phones, and the baby snatcher, are?

Bronze Member

The parents revealed this morning that their cell phones were missing when they frantically tried to call 911 after discovering that their "Pumpkin Pie" was not in her crib.
    "They took her and took all of our phones so we couldn't call anybody," Irwin said, according to ABC News' Kansas City affiliate KMBC.
    This sounds suspicious to me. The kidnapper would have to know the family well enough to know there was no land line in the house.

Or somebody didn't want investigators to have access to their cell phones.

And this:
    "The windows were open and lights were on and she was nowhere to be found," Irwin told "Good Morning America" today.
    The kidnapper turned the lights on?

So I guess this brain trust never actually finish watching the whole Law and Order episodes to see that this is a pissant cover story.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Sounds worse by the minute.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information