Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: Parents Beg For Missing KC Baby's Return

I just hope that baby is alive and well. And found.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    So wait---his credit card was charged for stationary (which wouldn't be connected to the case) or for paperwork that allegedly can change babies names, etc (which WOULD be connected). Which was it???? This makes no sense to me...

Wish I had seen the parents interview...
    Yeah, that was confusing. Maybe the parents claim(ed) the charges were for paperwork but the investigation found it was for stationary.

Seems odd someone would jack your debit card to buy stationary. Maybe the thief wanted to send a personal thank you note.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    I feel like there's zero chance this baby is alive. And I'm 94.5% sure the mother did it...
    I'm standing by my original opinion: baby's dead and mama did it...
    don't leave. healthy arguing is good. nobody's out of line right now. I like it when we have people on each side ... but you and olivia are not actually on different sides. Olivia is saying that she doesn't like shitty police work vs All cops are bad/bullies. Nobody wants to see someone get away with a crime, especially when it comes to a child.. the thing is that in order for the GUILTY party to be convicted, we need good & thorough police work... not a conviction in the media.

Me, I feel like the mother is involved and that's very sad.. but its just my gut reaction. I haven't seen any solid/concrete proof of that. Now, everyone carry on and hash this shit out!
    When are you people going to learn to listen to the great and mighty Mel??? I done tole y'all 3 fecking times!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

So wait---his credit card was charged for stationary (which wouldn't be connected to the case) or for paperwork that allegedly can change babies names, etc (which WOULD be connected). Which was it???? This makes no sense to me...

At the top of the story, the father makes the claim that the card was fraudulently used by a company that helps change babies' names. Then, the detectives follow up by saying that the card was used to attempt to buy stationary, but that it had nothing to do with the case. That seems to be a pretty big conflict between the father and the police. I've never heard of a firm that helps change babies' names, unless it is a law firm that submits paperwork to SSA and various other agencies to change information. And if you stole Lisa, would you REALLY turn around and try to use the dad's debit card to change Lisa's (or some other baby's) identity?

Second, I keep thinking back to fact that three cell phones were supposedly stolen from the house. I still would like to know why they had that many - and why would someone stealing a baby bother to steal cell phones? Especially, if the police could potentially track the phone to the kidnappers.

Third, if the Irwins actually had something to do with Lisa's disappearance, I would tend to think they would lie low, and hope things blow over rather than go back out and bring media attention to the case again. The whole thing is just bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    At the top of the story, the father makes the claim that the card was fraudulently used by a company that helps change babies' names. Then, the detectives follow up by saying that the card was used to attempt to buy stationary, but that it had nothing to do with the case. That seems to be a pretty big conflict between the father and the police. I've never heard of a firm that helps change babies' names, unless it is a law firm that submits paperwork to SSA and various other agencies to change information. And if you stole Lisa, would you REALLY turn around and try to use the dad's debit card to change Lisa's (or some other baby's) identity?
    Second, I keep thinking back to fact that three cell phones were supposedly stolen from the house. I still would like to know why they had that many - and why would someone stealing a baby bother to steal cell phones? Especially, if the police could potentially track the phone to the kidnappers.

Third, if the Irwins actually had something to do with Lisa's disappearance, I would tend to think they would lie low, and hope things blow over rather than go back out and bring media attention to the case again. The whole thing is just bizarre.
    That's what I was attempting to say, in a very general way----the police are directly contradicting what the parents say. So....which is it? Stationary or changing baby's names? Seems like a big difference to me. Someone's lying again here.

On the Today show they had the parents on yesterday I think it was, the card was used at a site that first led to a place to have a name change and then the site changed to a stationary site. It was an online site that changed it's name or whatever
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Lying liars who lie.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    On the Today show they had the parents on yesterday I think it was, the card was used at a site that first led to a place to have a name change and then the site changed to a stationary site. It was an online site that changed it's name or whatever
    The attorney also said they had screen shots of the site and gave it to the police.

There are also 3 witnesses who say they saw a man carrying a baby on the road not far from their house, around midnight. The descriptions fit a "person of interest". Then a call was made from the Mom's cell that night. It was to a woman who knows the man who is the person of interest. The mother does not know that woman and phone records she had never called that number before.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Makes no sense to me either...unless the debit card was reported missing the night she disappeared, I don't see how a $69 fraudulent charge is related to the case. Seems to me it would cost a lot more than that to change a baby's name, and what kind of company does that...and sells stationery?
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Makes no sense to me either...unless the debit card was reported missing the night she disappeared, I don't see how a $69 fraudulent charge is related to the case. Seems to me it would cost a lot more than that to change a baby's name, and what kind of company does that...and sells stationery?
    And don't you think if you kidnapped a baby and needed to change names/SSN, etc--wouldn't that be done under the table?? I mean, this wasn't a legal adoption or something--like adopting kid from China and need to change their name legally and get them established in this country. Just makes no sense...

The parents say the charge was connected to an overseas company that changes names. No need to go through SSA or vital records or the court if that's so. Interesting to think that she could still be alive out there and the person/people who have her possibly have some type of documentation saying she was born outside of the States.

It's really bizarre though, that they would use the father's banking information to get the papers.

So... whatever happened to those 3 missing cellphones? Never found or traced?... odd. Why would anyone go to the trouble of stealing cellphones to NOT USE them when supposedly mom was tanked enough to sleep while some stranger snuck in & stole their baby....
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

Hit By Ban Bus!

Someone would steal all the cell phones to prevent the parents from calling the police immediately in order to buy the kidnapper more time. But this would mean they knew the parents didn't have a landline.

It could also be a way of the parents avoiding the typical evaluation of the 911 call that is often done by police. If their phones were missing it could throw off their whole response to the situation.

I'm of two minds about this story. the fact that someone saw a person carrying a baby through their streets, and the fact that the cell phone stolen was used to call someone that knew the parents is weird.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread Information