Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 253

Thread: Parents Beg For Missing KC Baby's Return

  1. #211
    Gold Member gardenwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NY-Middle of no where
    Posts
    920

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Brings to mind the Riley Fox case in Illinois...her father was charged after a "confession." He was later released after DNA cleared him.

    What he said about it:

    Kevin Fox: 'I Did Not Kill My Daughter'

    "Statement Of Kevin Fox Regarding His Interrogation By The Will County Sheriff's Office"

    "I want the public to know that I did not kill my daughter. I have always cooperated with the authorities in the investigation of my daughter's death. On Oct. 26, I went to the Will County Sheriff's Department at the request of the investigators. I tried to cooperate and answer their questions, however, they became very abusive -- yelling and screaming at me that I had killed her."

    "For hours, I told the investigators that I did not kill my daughter. I asked them repeatedly to call my father so that he could get me a lawyer. I was told that I did not need to speak to my father or a lawyer."

    "I was kept in a locked area for approximately 14 hours. I was told by the investigators that if I did not give a statement saying I was involved in my daughter's death that they "knew inmates at the jail" that would make sure that I was (expletive) every day I was there."

    One of the investigators "got 6 inches from my face screaming at me that I was a (expletive) for not talking and that my wife was going to divorce me if I didn't cooperate."

    "I was told that I would be in jail for 30 years unless I talked. At one point the investigators threw a picture of my deceased daughter on the table in front of me. They screamed that I had duct taped her mouth and hands. This was the first time I learned that she had been bound. The wanted me to say that there had been an accident at home and that she had hit her head -- that was the first time I learned that she had lumps on her head."T

    hey said if I said that she fell and I panicked and tried to cover up the accident I could only be charged with involuntary manslaughter and would immediately go home on bond and could not get more than 3-5 years. They told me to say that I duct taped her mouth and hands."

    Kevin then says authorities told him to say that he performed an act on his daughter to make it "look like a sexual attack."

    "I have never been under this kind of pressure in my life. I was isolated, alone and terrified. As soon as I saw my brother and lawyer I told them I did not do this. I love my wife, daughter and son more than anything in this world. I trusted the authorities and they betrayed me and my family. I can only hope the truth will come out."

    DNA clears dad in girl's slaying

    Thats fucking HORRIBLE. Why would they do something like that?! Is it because they do not want to work on the case anymore, or they REALLY truly believe the father did it? Wouldn't all of that have been recorded?

    It just gets me so angry!! I mean, maybe they really thought he did it, but telling him what to say?? They should of been looking at EVERYTHING and if they really thought he did it, have him followed 24/7 or something and look for concrete evidence.....Not force him to say he did it. Poor guy. And his poor daughter and family..
    ~Madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

  2. #212
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gardenwitch View Post
    Thats fucking HORRIBLE. Why would they do something like that?! Is it because they do not want to work on the case anymore, or they REALLY truly believe the father did it? Wouldn't all of that have been recorded?

    It just gets me so angry!! I mean, maybe they really thought he did it, but telling him what to say?? They should of been looking at EVERYTHING and if they really thought he did it, have him followed 24/7 or something and look for concrete evidence.....Not force him to say he did it. Poor guy. And his poor daughter and family..
    The cops are projecting Casey Anthony on this case. I don't like it at all. Hell yes! Get a lawyer and then talk to the police whenever they want...but only with a lawyer and a tape recorder.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

  3. #213
    Silver Member a31cefiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    365

    Default

    I know it's such a minor thing, but I do find the hair cut and colour to be a bit off.

    I have a 10 month old - he's 4 days off being 11 months old. If he was missing, the last thing I would give a flying fuck about would be my appearance. I would not accept any offers of pampering.

    Why the hell would I want to be pampered when my kid could be dead somewhere? I just don't see that I would be bothered showering, let alone trying to change my appearance.

    I would also be thinking "My child knows me to look like this. This is how they last saw me. I don't want to change how I look." It would be too close, it would feel like changing and moving on. Like how people don't touch the stuff in a kids bedroom, they keep it the same for years.

  4. #214
    Elite Member faithanne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    On the Hellmouth
    Posts
    12,425

    Default

    Everybody is different. A relative of mine had her sick baby in hospital for over a week before she eventually passed away. She spent most of her time there, day and night, but at one point her sisters took her to their friend's salon for an afternoon of pampering - just for a couple of hours to take her mind off things and to "get the smell of the hospital out of her hair". Nobody thought she was heartless, we all felt so terrible for her and didn't begrudge her spending a little time on herself.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."



  5. #215
    Elite Member Sarzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    13,940

    Default

    fox4wdaf FOX 4 News
    Attorneys of Lisa Irwin's parents cancel interview scheduled for tomorrow with her two older brothers.
    4 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

    Twitter

    Well well what a surprise. Not! They don't care about delaying this longer as they know Lisa is dead and there's no rush to find her.
    Ugh I'm going to stay away from this case for a while, it's annoying me.

  6. #216
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    142

    Default

    Each case should be judged on its own merits I think. Sure we can point at cases like Casey Anthony, the McCann's, or go the other way and point to cases where police tried to frame parents; but that's really neither here nor there regarding this case.

    ~~~

    The mother was originally insistent the last time she saw Lisa was at 10:30pm, but after they got their attorney's she changed this to 6:40 pm (even stating "I know because I looked at the clock"). So if it's true it was 6:40pm why did she say 10:30pm originally? That's a huge gap....

    ~~~
    Debbie said that when Lisa went missing she didn't bother to look behind the house (outside) because she was 'afraid of what she might find'. You know, holy crap once my dog went missing and I had no idea if he was hurt or what - and I looked EVERYWHERE I could think of; regardless of "what I might find."

    What the hell does that mean anyway? What could possibly be behind the house? oh right, that's where a dog 'hit' on the woodpile (not a cadaver dog, I believe) and that's where police were digging during that 17 hour search...

    ~~~
    What about Debbie's old friends who say she is manipulative and can turn on the waterworks at will? Why when she cries does she never wipe her face or show tears? Yeah they could be looking for their 15 minutes, you're right, but maybe not...

    ~~~
    Jeremy, when asked who could have kidnapped Lisa, listed some people and also said "someone who cheated on her husb.." (and stopped himself). Yep, cause THAT type of person would be top of my list too, if my baby was truthfully kidnapped. women cheaters love to steal babies. by the way if you didn't know, Deborah is married, but not to him (to a soldier who's currently in Iraq IIRC).

    Statement Analysis: "Someone Who's Cheating On Her Husband" Jeremy Irwin

    ~~~

    ETC.....

    ~~

    Also I can understand the interviews are stressful, but since they have lawyers, isn't it better to show up with your lawyer/s and get the darn interview done? Let the cops get their answers and move on! What is the problem with a few hours (or w/e) of discomfort or uncomfortable questions (while you are protected with lawyers)? I mean when you hold in balance the life of your child, surely you'd like to get it out of the way ASAP right?

    But Cynthia Short (one of their lawyers) makes it seem like the parents don't want to do it unless it's under their specific 'conditions'; what other "condition" would you require other than having your lawyer/s present (which they will be?) Demanding you wont answer unless you're made "more comfortable" and suggesting even the detectives on the case be replaced REEKS of a stalling tactic:

    WILL IRWIN & BRADLEY TALK TO POLICE AGAIN? - WDAF



    I hope to hell I'm wrong on this, but when you actually look at the facts of the case, the changing stories and ignore the spin of the defense attornies, it does not look good at all :|

  7. #217
    Elite Member McJag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    42,527

    Default

    The fact that she will not allow police to interview those little boys is troubling to me. They were in the house. Had this been my baby missing, I would want them interviewed by child specialist right away in hopes that they had seen or heard something different, anything at all.
    I find that really strange.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

  8. #218
    Elite Member greysfang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Burning Down Your Windmill
    Posts
    49,370

    Default

    After the way the cops "interviewed" the parents, I wouldn't let them near my kids either.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

    http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

  9. #219
    Elite Member sluce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Top Secret Spy for Leann Rimes
    Posts
    37,330

    Default

    ^^ I agree.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

  10. #220
    Elite Member CornFlakegrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hanging with the raisin girls
    Posts
    12,173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    The fact that she will not allow police to interview those little boys is troubling to me. They were in the house. Had this been my baby missing, I would want them interviewed by child specialist right away in hopes that they had seen or heard something different, anything at all.
    I find that really strange.
    Somewhere in this thread it was reported that the poice did interview both children. I think an hour for one and less for the other. The parents agreed to another interview but only with a child psychologist (or social worker or something) present. Nothing wrong with that, imo.

  11. #221
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Janus View Post

    Also I can understand the interviews are stressful, but since they have lawyers, isn't it better to show up with your lawyer/s and get the darn interview done? Let the cops get their answers and move on! What is the problem with a few hours (or w/e) of discomfort or uncomfortable questions (while you are protected with lawyers)? I mean when you hold in balance the life of your child, surely you'd like to get it out of the way ASAP right?
    Cops will say ANYTHING to keep lawyers out of an interview. The first interview, in this case, was without a lawyer present. The parents gave it willingly and look at how they were treated.

    My gut says that the mother is involved somehow. But that doesn't excuse how the cops are totally screwing up this case with their tactics. If I were the defense attorney, I could use the press releases alone to help prove harassment.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

  12. #222
    Elite Member ManxMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Lemuria
    Posts
    7,466

    Default

    wait, I had no idea the mom is married to someone else, is that true???
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

  13. #223
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    142

    Default

    ^ yes:

    10/25/2011 (TODAY): Deborah Irwin's Estranged Husband Speaks - Where Is Baby Lisa? - YouTube


    Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    Cops will say ANYTHING to keep lawyers out of an interview.
    Again we go with the mass generalizations. Do you have anything specific to say about this case, or would you like to vent your anger at other cops some more?

    Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    The first interview, in this case, was without a lawyer present. The parents gave it willingly and look at how they were treated.
    We don't know how they were treated, we only know how they SAY they were treated. If they are guilty, for sure they are going to cry police incompetence and bullying. If they are telling the truth, then that is another matter and should be dealt with if it can be shown to be true. How can you trust the word (entirely) of people who keep changing the story of the night their daughter disappeared? I'm not saying they're lying about this, but the changes in their story should make you at least a little suspicious of what they claim now that they've lawyered up. Incidentally, their stories started changing a lot after they got their lawyers too. It is my personal opinion that her claims about being drunk and blacked out on wine (for example) are a set up for a future defence.

    Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    My gut says that the mother is involved somehow. But that doesn't excuse how the cops are totally screwing up this case with their tactics. If I were the defense attorney, I could use the press releases alone to help prove harassment.
    We don't know most of what the cops are doing or saying (to the parents) or regarding the investigation. For almost everything we only have what the defence lawyers and parents are SAYING the cops are doing/saying.

    Example: to "refute" the claim that cadaver dogs hit on cadaverene in the parents bedroom, Cynthia Short does the walkthrough of the house and says "see, no carpet was cut out" (to be taken away as evidence). Of course those of us who were paying attention saw the police took an entire carpet (room size) out of the house and not a 'piece' of carpet or no carpet. Meanwhile Joe Tacopina claims the cadaver dogs are too stupid to know between cadaverene and dirty diapers.

    Just an example to show you can't always believe what the defence attorneys and parents TELL you the police do/say.


    Edit: Cynthia Short forced off the case: http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-bab...ry?id=14834151


    Deborah & Jeremy claimed the cellphones that were stolen were unable to MAKE calls because they had not paid their phone bills (restricted service). A woman claims she was questioned by police 4 times after they tracked her down because one of the missing phones called her on the night of the disappearance; a 50 second call that apparently went to her voicemail:

    http://www.kmbc.com/news/29612215/de...#ixzz1c4vqPWj6 (about 1:40 in to the video) Also here: http://foxnewsinsider.com/2011/10/28...se/#more-78323

    If true, that would make Debbie & Jeremy liars about the cellphones, or perhaps the kidnapper paid the bill before using (or pocket dialling?) one of the cellphones on the same night he/she/they stole them.
    Last edited by Janus; October 28th, 2011 at 01:57 PM.

  14. #224
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Janus View Post
    ^ yes:

    10/25/2011 (TODAY): Deborah Irwin's Estranged Husband Speaks - Where Is Baby Lisa? - YouTube



    Again we go with the mass generalizations. Do you have anything specific to say about this case, or would you like to vent your anger at other cops some more?
    How's that ignore button? Still working for you?


    Quote Originally Posted by Janus View Post
    We don't know how they were treated, we only know how they SAY they were treated. If they are guilty, for sure they are going to cry police incompetence and bullying. If they are telling the truth, then that is another matter and should be dealt with if it can be shown to be true.
    We know how long they were held for questioning the first time and the inaccurate statements released by the cops to pressure them into a screaming confession of some sort. Lazy police work.



    Quote Originally Posted by Janus View Post
    Of course those of us who were paying attention saw the police took an entire carpet (room size) out of the house and not a 'piece' of carpet or no carpet.
    Or just a large area rug, no? What did YOU see specifically while you were watching through that high powered telescope?

    Yes, I despise bad police work. It prevents solid convictions of the right people. Casey Anthony is free because the cops couldn't be arsed to follow a tip months earlier that would have led to her daughter's body while trace evidence was probably present. No, they would rather chase Casey around and collect innuendo and gossip from people who didn't like her, NONE of which pointed to a murder.

    I see this case heading in the same direction. Cops can lie now, about anything. They can legally harass people. They can ruin the lives of innocent people while the criminals and sociopaths wiggle free because they know profoundly the weaknesses of our justice system.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

  15. #225
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    How's that ignore button? Still working for you?
    What does this mean? I do not post here much as you can see (although I read every day) what is ignore button?

    Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    We know how long they were held for questioning the first time and the inaccurate statements released by the cops to pressure them into a screaming confession of some sort. Lazy police work.
    They were never "held" they could leave at anytime, as you know they did when they got "tired". What inaccurate statements? Again with generalizations, give examples, please.


    Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    Or just a large area rug, no? What did YOU see specifically while you were watching through that high powered telescope?
    Did you not see the pictures? I can go dig it up for you if you want?

    Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    Yes, I despise bad police work. It prevents solid convictions of the right people. Casey Anthony is free because the cops couldn't be arsed to follow a tip months earlier that would have led to her daughter's body while trace evidence was probably present.
    IIRC, Richard Cain DID go and check it out, but a) he was afraid of snakes (lol) and b) he didn't think Caylee would have been skeletonized by that time. So I agree with you about shoddy police work in that instance, but it's not as you say they "couldn't be arsed" cause they did go. But this is neither here nor there regarding THIS case, which is the point I don't think you're quite getting.


    Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    I see this case heading in the same direction. Cops can lie now, about anything. They can legally harass people. They can ruin the lives of innocent people while the criminals and sociopaths wiggle free because they know profoundly the weaknesses of our justice system.
    If Lisa is indeed deceased, I agree with you, this case will not end well. However it seems that you can take some pages out of the McCann book and rubbish the investigators, relying on people's prejudice regarding OTHER police and OTHER cases to do all your work for you. Most people however, see through this tactic. Or you could simply wait long enough for the disposed remains to yield no forensic clues (if ever found) a la Terri Horman & Casey Anthony. You can lie your arse off, and get paid through checkbook journalism by news organizations like abc for your story and for exclusive photos in exploitation of your missing child (they got 100k, wasn't it?) after all who wants to talk to local media who don't pay, when you can rake in the big bucks, right?

    There are many ways, as illustrated by recent cases that you can get away with it if you're guilty that do NOT involve police "bullying". You have yet to bring evidence of any bullying or lying (that has not come from the mouths of the parents/lawyers). If I had seen any of course I would have brought it myself; but so far all I see is parents (and their lawyers) with suspect behaviour alleging police did and said 'such and such'.

    Let us judge each case by its own merits.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Missing cat turns up after being missing for 11 years
    By Honey in forum Pets and Animals
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: January 7th, 2011, 07:35 PM
  2. Replies: 28
    Last Post: August 18th, 2009, 01:12 PM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: December 30th, 2008, 02:47 PM
  4. Meg Ryan changes her baby's name
    By MaryJane in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: March 4th, 2006, 06:54 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •