Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Parents Beg For Missing KC Baby's Return

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    Did anything come out of that gas station video of the mysterious person walking out of the woods?
    Not that I've heard. I doubt much will because how the hell are they supposed to find that guy from a blurry, dark photo? Needle in a haystack.

Ok have to bring this up: She got her hair did, that is a fact. Why? Who knows....however, if memory serves, several people jumped all over the Mom of Maddie McCann (that's the girl that was kidnapped in Portugal right?) when she had the same thing done. Just had to point that out..

I'm not convinced of the Mom's involved in this one either, but WTF happened to that little girl??

Quote Originally Posted by baked_tater View Post

Hadn't seen this posted yet, wondered what everyone's opinion was of Baby Lisa's momma's makeover.

Maybe she was advised to do something nice for herself, to help keep her sane during this time. Would an attorney suggest doing this, for some reason?
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeSlice View Post
    I agree. At this point, what else is there for her to do? And maybe a stylist friend just offered to do it for her as a way to do something nice for her. And I wonder, if the baby is never found, at what point does it become acceptable to get your hair cut? Does the kid have to be gone for 3 months? A year?
    If I were a friend of hers I'd take her to the beauty shop or something just to try and get her mind off of it. I'm not that surprised by this honestly imo it's not that big of a deal
    Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    They also have to try and keep life moving for the other kids.

I saw this morning that the father of her son has seen or talked to the kids in over 2 years. He said she has always been a great mother but now he is worried about his son and wants to make contact again.
    What a fucking douche
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

fgg

Why Won't Baby Lisa's Parents Talk to Police?

Accused during police questioning in the disappearance of their missing daughter, the parents of 10-month-old Lisa Irwin want a new set of detectives to meet with them before they will agree to sit down for any further interrogation.

That's the word from an attorney, Cyndy Short, who tells PEOPLE that her clients, parents Deborah Bradley and Jeremy Irwin, are on "an emotional roller coaster" as the search for Lisa hits Day 23.

Bradley, 25, and Irwin, 29, initially spent hours with police but have not consented to be questioned since Oct. 8, according to police, although they have remained available to investigators who are following up leads.

"I don't think it would be appropriate for me to detail the conversations that take place between the detectives and the attorneys," says Kansas City Police spokesman Capt. Steve Young.

"But I do know the detectives have outlined what we need to them, and as of [Tuesday] afternoon, the parents have not sat down with detectives," Young said. "Any discussion of conditions to that happening need to take place between detectives and the attorneys, not through me to the media."

Bradley has said that within hours of the parents' 911 call in which they reported Lisa missing from her crib around 4 a.m. on Oct. 4, police summoned to the scene pointed the finger at her.

The mother was home with Lisa and the couple's two other sons when Irwin returned home from a late-night work shift to find the front door unlocked, lights on, a window open and Lisa missing.

Police have not commented on their findings – including their response to reports that at least two witnesses saw an unidentified man carrying a baby in the vicinity – and they've named no suspects.

Parents Want New Detectives
    But the accusation – along with Bradley's statement that police told her she failed a lie detector test – has prompted the couple to request new detectives who will consider the theory that their daughter may have been kidnapped, says their local lawyer, who is assisting the family alongside prominent New York defense attorney Joe Tacopina.

Until Wednesday, the couple also had declined to let their other two children – Michael, 5, and Blake, 8 – be interviewed a second time in the investigation. Both boys were questioned, one for 50 minutes and the other for about 30 minutes, on the morning of the day their sister disappeared. Police now say the parents have agreed to bring the boys in to meet on Friday with a child services professional – not detectives – and submit a Q-Tip swab for DNA to clear them from any evidence collected in the home, says Kansas City Police Officer Darin Snapp.

Says Short: "It was logical and necessary in a case like this to look at all the people who are in the life of this child. We're not saying [the parents] should not have been examined. It needed to be examined. But it seemed like for so many days they were stuck there [on the parents], which meant losing the opportunity to truly find this little girl."

"In order to find justice, law enforcement must remain open and unbiased," she says. "I'm not inside the investigation. We just hope there are many things going on that we can't see. We have to hope that those that we are allowed to see aren't the only things happening in the investigation."

"Hope is what they're living on," she says of the parents. "They are drained of strength at times, and there's really no road map on the journey they're on. They're just hoping and praying that someone will make that one tip."
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Wouldn't let them search the house
    Police were only given permission by the parents to search parts of the house; Lisa's room and all possible points of entry. No other places were allowed originally to be searched, which is why the search warrant was required; as we know now, the cadaver dogs hit on cadaverene in Deborah's bedroom.

failed a lie detector test
    Deborah said this, the police did not comment any lie detector test/s; they said Deborah was allowed to say 'whatever she wants' when asked about the lie detector test, so they did not even confirm/deny after Deborah initially made this claim.

not cooperating. All that shit.
    According to all report's I have seen (and yes I've been following this rather closely, Deborah and Jeremy are refusing to answer questions that consider "certain scenarios" (ie. that they might have done it). It's fine, but from everything I have seen, it does not appear that they are being as co-operative as they are claiming.

In fact, I haven't heard the police say/confirm much of anything regarding this case; most of the claims about 'what the police are saying' seem to come mostly from Deborah, Jeremy and their lawyers.

Some good blogs & news sites I've been following about this:

Statement Analysis
    The Hinky Meter | …because something's just not right.
    Live Wire | Live Wire: Search Continues For Missing 11-Month Old | Page 19 | Liveblog live blogging

Could be coincidence, but Deborah and Jeremy's Lawyers are:

Cynthia Short:[

Areas of Practice:
    Criminal Defense
    Death Penalty Mitigation
    Serious Felonies
    Murder Cases
    Sexual Abuse Cases
    Criminal Trial Consultant

and Joe Tacopina who was Joran Van Der Sloot's lawyer.

Don't worry though, apparently Cadaver dogs are useless and can't tell the difference between cadaverene and dirty nappies, this according to Joe (eg. http://www.examiner.com/missing-pers...-insignificant )

Bs.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

A*O

Those who have nothing to hide, hide nothing. Just saying.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I have no idea if the parents are involved or not...they could be for all we know. I just question the police tactics a lot of times. How many times have you heard of an innocent person confessing to the police after hours and hours of questioning. Why? Who knows, they just do. Plus, the minute the parents (or anyone involved in something like this) gets an attorney, it's said that they are "lawyering up". I mentioned it before, but I think it was in the case of the Runaway Bride in Georgia. The fiancé got a lawyer after some tough, accusatory questioning from the police. I even thought he took a polygraph that he didn't "pass". And look what happened. People pegged this guy immediately as a murderer and the bug eyed bitch just took off.

I hope this poor baby is found soon and that she's alive and healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Those who have nothing to hide, hide nothing. Just saying.
    There's a difference between hiding things and protecting yourself.

Unfortunately, we'll probably find out the mom did something (although I'm not convinced) but I don't give blind faith to law enforcement.

There is no guarentee that an officer is intelligent, honest or even all that hardworking. None. In fact (I'll just offend people now) there is enough cases showing cops to be blowhard bullies that do as they please.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    I have no idea if the parents are involved or not...they could be for all we know. I just question the police tactics a lot of times. How many times have you heard of an innocent person confessing to the police after hours and hours of questioning. Why? Who knows, they just do. Plus, the minute the parents (or anyone involved in something like this) gets an attorney, it's said that they are "lawyering up". I mentioned it before, but I think it was in the case of the Runaway Bride in Georgia. The fiancé got a lawyer after some tough, accusatory questioning from the police. I even thought he took a polygraph that he didn't "pass". And look what happened. People pegged this guy immediately as a murderer and the bug eyed bitch just took off.

The case that comes to mind for me is the Stephanie Crowe case, where police railroaded her brother and his friends into confessing and gleefully announced to the public that they were guilty, only to find out that they actually had nothing to do with it and the perpetrator was a drifter who had broken into the house.

I'm not sure if Lisa Irwin's parents were involved or not, but I do think it's entirely possible for police to implicate a family member without sufficient proof and then bully and threaten them in hopes of getting a confession.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post

Brings to mind the Riley Fox case in Illinois...her father was charged after a "confession." He was later released after DNA cleared him.

What he said about it:

Kevin Fox: 'I Did Not Kill My Daughter'

"Statement Of Kevin Fox Regarding His Interrogation By The Will County Sheriff's Office"

"I want the public to know that I did not kill my daughter. I have always cooperated with the authorities in the investigation of my daughter's death. On Oct. 26, I went to the Will County Sheriff's Department at the request of the investigators. I tried to cooperate and answer their questions, however, they became very abusive -- yelling and screaming at me that I had killed her."

"For hours, I told the investigators that I did not kill my daughter. I asked them repeatedly to call my father so that he could get me a lawyer. I was told that I did not need to speak to my father or a lawyer."

"I was kept in a locked area for approximately 14 ˝ hours. I was told by the investigators that if I did not give a statement saying I was involved in my daughter's death that they "knew inmates at the jail" that would make sure that I was (expletive) every day I was there."

One of the investigators "got 6 inches from my face screaming at me that I was a (expletive) for not talking and that my wife was going to divorce me if I didn't cooperate."

"I was told that I would be in jail for 30 years unless I talked. At one point the investigators threw a picture of my deceased daughter on the table in front of me. They screamed that I had duct taped her mouth and hands. This was the first time I learned that she had been bound. The wanted me to say that there had been an accident at home and that she had hit her head -- that was the first time I learned that she had lumps on her head."T

hey said if I said that she fell and I panicked and tried to cover up the accident I could only be charged with involuntary manslaughter and would immediately go home on bond and could not get more than 3-5 years. They told me to say that I duct taped her mouth and hands."

Kevin then says authorities told him to say that he performed an act on his daughter to make it "look like a sexual attack."

"I have never been under this kind of pressure in my life. I was isolated, alone and terrified. As soon as I saw my brother and lawyer I told them I did not do this. I love my wife, daughter and son more than anything in this world. I trusted the authorities and they betrayed me and my family. I can only hope the truth will come out."

DNA clears dad in girl's slaying
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

how awful. fuck the police.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Ha! I knew Sput was secretly a rapper!

how did you know?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I'm a huge fan!

Thread Information