Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Parents Beg For Missing KC Baby's Return

Quote Originally Posted by baked_tater View Post

Hadn't seen this posted yet, wondered what everyone's opinion was of Baby Lisa's momma's makeover.

Maybe she was advised to do something nice for herself, to help keep her sane during this time. Would an attorney suggest doing this, for some reason?
    I don't really see a difference other than cutting her hair and removing the blonde highlights, which almost every girl I know does around this time for the fall season.

Hadn't seen this posted yet, wondered what everyone's opinion was of Baby Lisa's momma's makeover.

Maybe she was advised to do something nice for herself, to help keep her sane during this time. Would an attorney suggest doing this, for some reason?
    that's a makeover? really?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Please, no comments like I saw over at the crime boards "how dare she get a makeover when her baby is missing! if that were my baby i'd be at the police station 24/7 demanding answers!"

The woman got a haircut and color. Big whoop.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Would an attorney suggest doing this, for some reason?
    Could be, I suppose. Maybe to make her appear more relatable or sympathetic or something. Who knows, people have strange ideas sometimes about what will make people appear more likable.

You have to wonder a bit, though, why she'd otherwise make time during the search for her baby to have her hair cut and colored. Priority-wise, it seems low on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathie_Moffett View Post
    ^^I don't, in a sense, because I'd rather that they didn't do anything to apologize for...

I too will reserve judgment on both parents and police until a lot more develops. You guys do realize that it is not illegal for the cops to lie? And that it can be a good thing? For instance, if the real kidnapper and/or killer is still out there, watching the coverage, isn't it good if that person believes the parents are the main suspects?

I hope that keeping questions raised about Lisa's parents may give the real culprit, if any, a false sense of safety and lead to some sort of revealing mistake. I wonder, for instance, if some lowlife thought he'd pick up a baby for his wife or gf who's having trouble conceiving.

Still and all though, I think the mom did it. Not deliberately--a drunken mishap or something that happened while she was too drunk to notice. I don't anticipate a happy ending for this poor little kid.
    See, I sort of think of this in the opposite way. If the police are "lying" and releasing information that makes the parents look guilty, I think it makes the public think the parents did it and we don't have to look for the baby anymore. They automatically assume that the police would never lie and therefore, mom or dad did it, baby is dead and move on. No need to look for suspicious people with baby Lisa.

Totally agree. It doesn't seem like a smart move because it'll make tips totally dry up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    You have to wonder a bit, though, why she'd otherwise make time during the search for her baby to have her hair cut and colored. Priority-wise, it seems low on the list.
    Sitting around waiting for news would be hell. I'd think any distraction would be welcome.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Sitting around waiting for news would be hell. I'd think any distraction would be welcome.

I agree. At this point, what else is there for her to do? And maybe a stylist friend just offered to do it for her as a way to do something nice for her. And I wonder, if the baby is never found, at what point does it become acceptable to get your hair cut? Does the kid have to be gone for 3 months? A year?
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

They also have to try and keep life moving for the other kids.

I saw this morning that the father of her son has seen or talked to the kids in over 2 years. He said she has always been a great mother but now he is worried about his son and wants to make contact again.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Oh yeah, the oh so concerned daddy, who stays out of everything for years and then wants to assert some parentage...I'm acquainted. Who says she went anywhere to get her hairs did, frankly, I would expect, if my toddler was stolen, that friends or friends of friends would come over and move heaven and earth to distract me. If they brought out some scissors and a little L'Oreal, I'd be happy for the distraction.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Hit By Ban Bus!

OK, saw this on Nancy Grace tonight so wanted to add it to the thread. IMO a strange choice of words.

Lisa's mother: 'We are grieving' - KCTV 5

It has now been almost three weeks since baby Lisa was last seen, and on Monday KCTV5 asked the child's mother why she won't talk to local media.
    When Jeremy Irwin and Deborah Bradley arrived back to the house on North Walrond, KCTV5's Bonyen Lee asked the parents of baby Lisa Irwin on Monday if it was true that they were getting paid to avoid local reporters.

"No, not at all," said Deborah Bradley, the mother of the missing baby.

When asked why they would not talk to local reporters, Deborah replied,

"Because we are grieving."

Baby Lisa's parents openly shared that grief with supporters during a vigil last night for the missing 11-month-old.
    Supporters and family alike all wore T-shirts with baby Lisa's picture that read "kidnapped" across the front.

The baby's parents' local attorney, Cyndy Short, said Sunday the massive search by police and the FBI was all for show.

Short said after 17 hours, she would have expected investigators to walk away with a lot more than they did, if in fact a crime had been committed there.

Police said they do not want to comment on Short's accusations, saying right now they are keeping the focus on baby Lisa and following up on tips and leads.
    Police do say they have not had full cooperation of the parents since Oct. 6, nearly three weeks ago.

Elite Member

I think grieving is an appropriate word. I don't think it indicates anything. Whether she is dead or alive, it is a monumental loss.

I agree, grief does not always mean death.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Hit By Ban Bus!

The clip I saw, well, the mom sounded flippant. I don't know, something about her tone struck me as strange. Of course it could be stress.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    And that's a fair argument against what I said. People react to things differently and who's to say what any of our reactions would be to something like this if we were innocent and someone we loved dearly disappeared. You do the best you can, I suppose.

Did anything come out of that gas station video of the mysterious person walking out of the woods?

Thread Information