Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Parents Beg For Missing KC Baby's Return

They would not have the dogs working on Lisa's scent since she lived in the house, her scent would be everywhere. Cadaver dogs don't track individuals anyway, they do decomposing human tissue only.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

fgg

Baby Lisa Case: Mystery Man in New Surveillance Video

Was the man seen walking post-midnight near the home of missing 11-month-old Lisa Irwin carrying a baby that did not belong to him?

Police won't say, and Lisa's parents don't know. But that report, along with a second report of a man carrying a baby a short distance away around 4 a.m. on Oct. 4 the time that Lisa was reported missing from her crib is "unbelievably substantial," says the attorney for parents Deborah Bradley, 25, and Jeremy Irwin, 29.

"When you have two independent witnesses making that same observation a mile apart," attorney Joe Tacopina tells PEOPLE, "that's something that cannot be discounted."

Bradley and Irwin joined a candlelight vigil outside their home Sunday evening, as police remained mum about the details of their nearly 3-week-old investigation, including the news revealed Friday that a cadaver dog had picked up the scent of decomposition last week in the parent's bedroom.

Lawyer Sees a Red Herring
    Tacopina says the scent may be nothing more than fecal matter from a diaper. "For me, that's a bit of a red herring in this case," he says. "It doesn't weaken my conviction 1 percent that Deborah and Jeremy had nothing to do with this."

In an earlier interview with PEOPLE, the Kansas City couple said they have been accused during questioning by police in their daughter's disappearance, and Tacopina says they have no idea how seriously police are taking the reported sightings.

Bradley put her daughter down at 6:40 p.m. Oct. 3 and, after a night at home drinking wine with a neighbor, does not recall checking on her before going to bed around 10:30 p.m. Lisa was gone when Irwin returned home from work about 3:45 a.m.

The parents suspect a break-in through a damaged front window, and a neighbor who lives several doors down said she saw an unknown man carrying an infant after midnight. Police who interviewed the neighbor previously have said their search for leads has yielded no answers.

Surveillance Video Footage
    The second report of a man carrying a baby about 4 a.m. further away was fueled Sunday when ABC News) aired a gas station surveillance video, showing a far-off figure walking near a wooded area at about 2:30 a.m.

"I'm not saying they're not following up the leads," Tacopina says of police. "What I'm saying is that Deborah and Jeremy don't know what they're doing to follow up on these leads, and they should be in the loop."

"They spent an awful lot of time attacking Deborah and Jeremy and not a lot of time informing the public but more importantly, informing the family what kind of progress the investigation is making," he says.

"And by investigation, I mean recovery effort. These officers are supposed to be treating these people as two parents who are looking for their baby. They have to still be open to the possibility that these are grieving parents."
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

^ The police don't have to inform the public. And if they're not keeping the parents up to date there's probably a good reason for that. Let them get on with their job.

No, but they can continuously feed the public false information about the parents? C'mon now.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

What false information have they been continuously giving about the parents? That they're not co-operating?

Wouldn't let them search the house, failed a lie detector test, not cooperating. All that shit.

The mother did fail a lie detector though. She said so herself. And the mother didn't want the boys interviewed, I'd say that wasn't co-operating.

I wouldn't let the police interrogate my kids if they were that age either. That's hardly non-cooperation and the law does not support that accusation. The police have done nothing but use bullying tactics against the parents and that's some bullshit.

^ They didn't co-operate in the beginning either. Are the police lying about that or are the parents whose stories/timelines have changed lying? I wouldn't always just believe every word the police say but the parents haven't shown themselves to be very truthful IMO. Of course, if the police did lie about them not co-operating then that would be very wrong.
    Police: Parents of missing baby no longer cooperating - TODAY People - TODAY.com

I'm on greys' side here. Also, they did allow them to search the house. Right off the bat. They only got a search warrant the second time in case any evidence they came up with stood a chance of getting thrown out by a judge.

I have been wrong before, but I just don't think she/they did it. Not yet anyway.

From what I remember, the parents submitted to hours of questionning and when they asked for a break, the police told the media the parent's stopped cooperating. That seemed like a bully tactic.

Soon after the parent's lawyered up which they should have done from the get go imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    ^ They didn't co-operate in the beginning either. Are the police lying about that or are the parents whose stories/timelines have changed lying? I wouldn't always just believe every word the police say but the parents haven't shown themselves to be very truthful IMO. Of course, if the police did lie about them not co-operating then that would be very wrong.
    Police: Parents of missing baby no longer cooperating - TODAY People - TODAY.com
    I don't the police when they say the parents weren't cooperating. The police have lied WAY too much about this case, so why anyone would believe them now is beyond me.

i hope it wasn't the parents, if only because i want the police to have to apologise. i love it when cops look bad and have to say they're sorry.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

^^I don't, in a sense, because I'd rather that they didn't do anything to apologize for...

I too will reserve judgment on both parents and police until a lot more develops. You guys do realize that it is not illegal for the cops to lie? And that it can be a good thing? For instance, if the real kidnapper and/or killer is still out there, watching the coverage, isn't it good if that person believes the parents are the main suspects?

I hope that keeping questions raised about Lisa's parents may give the real culprit, if any, a false sense of safety and lead to some sort of revealing mistake. I wonder, for instance, if some lowlife thought he'd pick up a baby for his wife or gf who's having trouble conceiving.

Still and all though, I think the mom did it. Not deliberately--a drunken mishap or something that happened while she was too drunk to notice. I don't anticipate a happy ending for this poor little kid.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Hit By Ban Bus!

Hadn't seen this posted yet, wondered what everyone's opinion was of Baby Lisa's momma's makeover.

Maybe she was advised to do something nice for herself, to help keep her sane during this time. Would an attorney suggest doing this, for some reason?

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread Information