Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Paralyzed Man Finds Angry Note After Parking in Handicapped Spot

It's funny, but I've noticed that about 80% or so of vehicles I see with handicapped plates or placards are usually higher end cars/SUV's. Could just be a coincidence, and I'm not trying to imply anything, just an observation...

i think it's likely that lots of times handicapped plates go to older people, who tend to be more affluent.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I heard people make comments that there is no way the person is really disabled if they can climb up into that SUV. They completely ignore the fact that it often easier for people to get in and out of an SUV instead of a car. My poor grandmother couldn't get down into a car and then get back out. It took a long time and hurt her.
    Kittylady likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    I heard people make comments that there is no way the person is really disabled if they can climb up into that SUV. They completely ignore the fact that it often easier for people to get in and out of an SUV instead of a car. My poor grandmother couldn't get down into a car and then get back out. It took a long time and hurt her.
    My mom, too. She has two artificial knees and getting into and out of something low and small is much more difficult than climbing into a minivan (she's never had an SUV, but she can't exactly drive around in an Echo or something). She's had a disabled parking pass for ages and, as Witch said, she's always had nicer cars because she's older and financially comfortable and is the type to get any little ding or dent repaired by the insurance company even if it doesn't always make the most sense - it's just what you do.
    sluce likes this.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    It's funny, but I've noticed that about 80% or so of vehicles I see with handicapped plates or placards are usually higher end cars/SUV's. Could just be a coincidence, and I'm not trying to imply anything, just an observation...
    In the UK there are mobility allowances that pay towards vehicles so they tend to be newer, plus if you have mobility issues you rely on your vehicle more so probably have to spend more of your income on making sure it's working & reliable.

however.... I'm going to judge all those celebrities that park in disabled parking spots who's names have popped up below. Usher, I'm looking at you....
    Kittylady likes this.
    Free Charmed.

I know this is about a parking spot but,
    I just want to say:

Get up and walk, and let the real handicapped people use this. Sitting and being lazy is your problem.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Some of them are fat and lazy. Others have become fat due to medical issues that took away their ability to move and exercise. You have no idea what their story is from simply looking, so I choose to not make a blanket judgment.
    Kittylady and Novice like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information