Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PA College has Morning After Pill in vending machine

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Sluce, I don't understand how you can't see this as a hazardous situation. I think we need to protect the health of women and dispense birth control pills one pill at a time for fear that a girl could just go crazy and eat the entire pack.

Anyway, for serious, before Plan B became as available I always recommended that a person keep a pack of the straight dose Ovral (don't know if Pfizer fucked that one up, too) as 4 to 8 pills, this is what is given out as emergency contraception for rape victims, yes it will make you feel a bit ill and perhaps vomit but it is not going to kill you. There will be the same risks of stroke and blood clots as regular birth control pills, hell tylenol can fuck you up pretty bad.

What the fuck is going to a pharmacist going to do? Oh they could decide to not give it to you because of personal beliefs. Just like the Claritin D stuff, are you going to sign something swearing that you're not cracked out on birth control pills? The fuck?
    Posted from my iPhone
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

I agree there should be some additional interface, just because it's heavy-duty shit (even though it's just a high dose of birth control). I took it years ago and even following the instructions to the letter, I was physically miserable for a whole day. The nurse told me what to do in case I threw it up and all. Timing of taking it, and when to take the 2nd pill is critical, as well. Not stuff for a vending machine, in my opinion.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Well hopefully an instruction reading and comprehension assessment is an admission requirement at this school.
    Posted from my iPhone

i fully support this and i think it's great. there is no difference between getting it from a vending machine and walking into a pharmacy and asking for it, other than maybe less people will take it if they have to go to a pharmacy because they'll be embarrassed to ask for it. stupid, i know, and you would think that if you're out having sex you would have gotten over your fear of buying sex-related stuff at a pharmacy but there are lots of stupid people out there having sex, and children shouldn't have to result from that.

Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    i agree with this.
    i'm actually surprised that this is available so freely in the states. you have to go to a doctor and then to a pharmacy to get it here. and that's the right way, imo. i remember my friend taking it when she was 14 and she was miserable after taking it (kept throwing up and collapsing) so i don't think somebody would use this as an alternative to condoms, but i think pharmaceuticals in general should be ordered by doctors and should only be available at pharmacies.
    are you sure your friend didn't take ru-486? that and plan b are two different things. ru-486 should definitely only be available with a prescription or a medical check-up at planned parenthood but plan b is even available over the counter in chile, and this is a very conservative, religious society.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I have very negative feelings about RU-486, that shit is hardcore.
    Posted from my iPhone

I personally would also be cautious of the plan b because I, like lots of other women, couldn't tolerate the pill, even the Lo-Estrin started making me vomit by the end if the first week, so the mega dose in plan b certainly would be hard to take.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    are you sure your friend didn't take ru-486? that and plan b are two different things. ru-486 should definitely only be available with a prescription or a medical check-up at planned parenthood but plan b is even available over the counter in chile, and this is a very conservative, religious society.
    oh, i didn't know there were two different pills. so plan b is the morning-after-pill and ru-486 is the abortion-pill, right? in that case, since we went the day after she did it, it must've been plan b.
    manxmouse described the same side effects, too.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

My cousin took this once when she was in college when it first came out.. her and her now husband lost the condom and it came out later. She said her doctor, and his nurse made her feel so terrible about wanting this..asking her if she was using this as her birth control?? So, I am glad its available so young women aren't being made to feel bad. And at $25 its not something they can afford every time they bump uglies...

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    ^^ The article does list other items for sale.

The student health center at Shippensburg, a secluded public institution of 8,300 students tucked between mountain ridges in the Cumberland Valley, provides the Plan B One Step emergency contraceptive in the vending machine along with condoms, decongestants and pregnancy tests.

I support this. Over winter break, my daughter took her friend to the pharmacy to buy Plan B because the condom broke the night before. She was almost too afraid to go in a buy it so my daughter and another friend went with her. It cost $50. It comes with full instructions. It can be used over and over but I doubt people want to do it over and over. It's expensive and has some side effects like heavy bleeding.
    Sometimes reading is fundamental!
    Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    i agree with this.
    i'm actually surprised that this is available so freely in the states. you have to go to a doctor and then to a pharmacy to get it here. and that's the right way, imo. i remember my friend taking it when she was 14 and she was miserable after taking it (kept throwing up and collapsing) so i don't think somebody would use this as an alternative to condoms, but i think pharmaceuticals in general should be ordered by doctors and should only be available at pharmacies.

they said they did it because the school is so isolated - does that mean there are no doctors or pharmacies around?
    Maybe she shouldn't have taking it at 14...or fucking..ijs 17 and older
    Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    What, you have to promise not to make meth out of it? Bwahahaha!
    I have to do that for my Aleve cold and sinus!! I get people to pick it up for me because the pharmacy tech is a little familiar!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information