Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Orca kills trainer at Sea World in Orlando while guests watch

^ Killer whales aren't known for attacking people in the wild though, so maybe that's why some people might be surprised. But still, I wouldn't feel safe in the water with one of them.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

For the record, I am totally opposed to the circus.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    For the record, I am totally opposed to the circus.
    me too..except for the circus 'freaks'. Nothing like a good old fashioned 'freak show'. Free the animals, keep the human freaks!!!!

*starts chanting, "ONE OF US, ONE OF US" I love that movie.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    ^ Killer whales aren't known for attacking people in the wild though,
    But we don't share the same habitat in the wild.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Killer Whales are called killer because their food include mammals as well as sea life, as opposed to most whales that only eat sea life or plankton. They are not called that because they are particularly violent. The oddest part about their name though is that they are actually dolphins so their name makes absolutely no sense!
    "Just because I walked into a turd supermarket doesn't mean I have to buy anything." - John Oliver

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

wow

I heard on the news today that they plan to continue to use this whale in future shows.

I can't believe they're already resuming their shows. I mean, I know they gotta make money, but it hasn't even been a week since that poor trainer was killed. It just seems disrespectful to me.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

SeaWorld's killer whale show returns with video tribute to trainer Dawn Brancheau

BY Rose Davis In Orlando, Fla. and Samuel Goldsmith In New York
    DAILY NEWS WRITERS
    Originally Published:Saturday, February 27th 2010, 1:34 PM
    Updated: Saturday, February 27th 2010, 1:34 PM

Stroshane/Getty
    The sign at the entrance to SeaWorld, where trainers returned to the water for the first time since

Killer whales were back in action at SeaWorld on Saturday for the first time since a trainer was dragged to a watery death during a performance last week.

More than 2,000 people turned out on the chilly, rainy day to see orcas perform at Shamu Stadium in Orlando, but Tilikum - the 12,000-pound whale that killed trainer Dawn Brancheau on Wednesday - did not participate in the show.
    The turnout was a fraction of the normal Saturday crowd, which can be as many as 6,000 people, and whales and trainers didn't have their usual contact and playfulness during the 20-minute show.
    "I really missed seeing the interaction with the whales," said Cathy Rosenstein, a season ticket holder who lives nearby. "Usually they're right there with them, but today they were at a distance."
    "My son is 5, and he wants to be a whale trainer," she said with tears in her eyes. "This is a very bad experience for him, but all the trainers know the risks."
    Also, there wasn't a dangling ponytail in sight. Any trainers with long hair had it piled up on their heads, since officials believe Tilikum pulled the doomed trainer into the water by hers.
    A brief video tribute to Brancheau, 40, played before the show began, then a group of trainers appeared before the audience, who gave them a standing ovation.
    "She died doing what she loved," said Robert Capua, who drove two hours with his wife and three sons to see the show.
    The Capuas had tickets to Saturday's show long before last week's accident and did not hesitate to attend.
    "My boys are first-timers at SeaWorld," Capua said. "We weren't going to miss it."
    About a dozen members of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals protested outside SeaWorld as park visitors arrived Saturday morning. They held signs with slogans like "Free Willie."
    "These animals are suffering horribly, living in these tanks," said PETA spokesman Bryan Wilson. "As long as these animals are living stressful lives at parks like SeaWorld, it's just a matter of time time before it happens again."

SeaWorld's killer whale show returns with video tribute to trainer Dawn Brancheau

American Family Association: Stone To Death Killer Whale Who Killed Trainer

The American Family Association, a religious right group, is urging that Tillikum (Tilly), the killer whale that killed a trainer at SeaWorld Orlando, be put down, preferably by stoning. Citing Tilly's history of violent altercations, the group is slamming SeaWorld for not listening to Scripture in how to deal with the animal:
    Says the ancient civil code of Israel, "When an ox gores a man or woman to death, the ox shall be stoned, and its flesh shall not be eaten, but the owner shall not be liable." (Exodus 21:28)
    However, the group is going further and laying the blame for the trainer's death directly at the feet of Chuck Thompson, the curator in charge of animal behavior, because, according to Scripture,
    But, the Scripture soberly warns, if one of your animals kills a second time because you didn't kill it after it claimed its first human victim, this time you die right along with your animal. To use the example from Exodus, if your ox kills a second time, "the ox shall be stoned, and its owner also shall be put to death." (Exodus 21:29)
    SeaWorld has no plans to execute Tilly.
    Source: American Family Association: Stone To Death Killer Whale Who Killed Trainer

Can we just stone the American Family Association instead?

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

I'm game for a stoning.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIaORknS1Dk[/YOUTUBE]
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

There have been a few videos shown on the news and morning shows of the trainer in the water with this particular orca before the attack that day; apparently, it is against the rules of SeaWorld for trainers to be in the water with the whales at any time (although I could swear that when we went to SeaWorld, they were in the water as part of the show). They also have a rule that trainers with long hair have to have it in a ponytail; they're now amending it to they have to have it in a bun.

Im going on Sunday. Wont be the same
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

So, stoning a captured-against-it's-will and-forced-to-perform-unnatural-acts for-profit wild animal who acts on God's given instincts, is a family value?

Do we bring little kids to the stoning for the valuable lessons of animal cruelty, torture, and ignorance of science?
    "Just because I walked into a turd supermarket doesn't mean I have to buy anything." - John Oliver

Whynot send it to the moon? That'd show it.

I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information