Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Ohio Woman finds out her late husband was actually her father

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I love you, dude, I really do.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    wait, so not only did the woman not say anything when her daughter was going to marry this guy, but the guy didn't recognise her and didn't realise his future mother-in-law was his first love?
    He knew it was his first love. That was one of the reasons that attracted him to the daughter since he couldn't have the mother. The problem was that he didn't know they had a kid. (though he really should have suspected it and done some mental math there...)
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

I knew someone who's mom was raising her oldest son that was born when she was 15 or so. He was told his real mother was his aunt, so yeah. I can see the part about her believing that her bio mom was a family friend. Still, if the Uncle knew he was her Dad, why didn't he say anything!?!?!
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

I know waaay too many people that have been raised by grandparents or other family members and thought they were their biological parent while knowing their biological parent as another family friend or relative. Thankfully no additional incestuous relationships have happened and I'd like to believe that someone would speak up if they thought something might happen.

I'll speak up about a cousin of mine. Woman with four sons marries my male relative, and they have a daughter and a son together. When daughter is about 13, they find out she is pregnant due to one of the older (grown) half-brother's repeatedly assaulting her. There was a big to-do, and the older half-brother did time in jail. The baby was born, a little girl, and male relative and wife legally adopted the baby and raised her as their daughter. To this day, she doesn't know about her real parentage and still knows of her mother as her sister. Anyone and everyone in the family that was old enough to know at the time knows and she still doesn't. Her biological mother now has 3-4 other kids and is in and out of her life periodically, but she doesn't know that there are siblings. Her grandmother/adoptive mother passed away last year and her adoptive father/grandfather is in failing health. If no one directly involved wants to tell her (and grandfather/adoptive father and bio mom definitely do not), it puts everyone in an awkward position. But then again, would one or wouldn't one want to know if they were the product of incest?

I really feel bad for this poor woman in Ohio. I would be epically angry and devastated that family members let me knowingly marry my own father.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    He knew it was his first love. That was one of the reasons that attracted him to the daughter since he couldn't have the mother. The problem was that he didn't know they had a kid. (though he really should have suspected it and done some mental math there...)
    Ooooh I get it now. He thought the daughter was the interloper guy's kid. Okay. That is incredibly cruel of the mother not to warn her daughter. Geez. It wasn't the daughter's fault!

I am amazed by Valerie. What an incredible, beautiful attitude. I mean, she is right. She did NOTHING wrong, she should not feel guilty. To me, the people who knew and said nothing are in some ways more wicked than her father was. I just can't even understand that shit.

Orange Slice, what a difficult situation. So the parents obviously know, and anyone who was involved with the arrest and trial of the bad brother, and presumably at least some of the other three half-brothers knew? (I'm assuming her whole brother was younger, though, and maybe didn't know.)

If there were absolutely no chance of her ever finding out I would probably not tell her. But man, how could you ever guarantee that?! Awful.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

fgg

Quote Originally Posted by WhateverLolaWants View Post
    I knew someone who's mom was raising her oldest son that was born when she was 15 or so. He was told his real mother was his aunt, so yeah.
    it's just odd to me that they would say that the actual daughter was a "family friend" rather than her aunt. did the entire family totally disown her?
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information