Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Obese Passenger Forces Man to Stand For 7-Hour Flight‎

I have to wonder how teenie tiny Lenny is if "Luckily I was never jammed on a flight because the seats are quite large"
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Well, compared to a bus or train they are quite comfortable, like an office chair. It depends on the airline too of course. Charter machine seats are usually smaller than in scheduled flights. I always travel Lufthansa and I never had a problem with someone spilling on my seat. I never flew with South West. Maybe the seats are smaller?

Elite Member

Where are you Lenny? Is there some magical place where plane seats are larger? Are you in Europe? Somewhere outside the US? Where, where? Flying in first class? I'm 5'1 and a size 4-6 and I would NEVER say I have plenty of room on the plane.

The seats on Amtrak are decently sized, definitely better than planes here.

I am in Europe. I am 5'7 and normal weight and I feel like I have plenty of space in economy class. My bf is 6' and around 200 pounds and he still fits in (if he was bigger it might be too narrow though). The problem for him is that his knees touch the seat in front of him. Either the seats are larger or my memories are biased because I love to travel and only remember the good things .

Elite Member

Gotdamn, I want to live in Europe. The only time I flew on a European airline (vs a US airline going to Europe) was decades ago in Greece and it wasn't so nice.

Anyway, I am convinced that all the good things are actually in Europe and the US politicians just lie to us all the time and tell us that things in Europe suck and that America is better. (I have been to the UK a couple of times, Paris once, and Greece once.)

There are (at least used to be) fewer fat people in Europe, too, so that must help with the plane situation.

Now I'm mad. Mad that I don't live in Europe. Damn you, Lenny. I know your food is better too. Grrrr.

Lufthansa and Air France are a fuckload nicer and more comfortable than our shit airlines in the U.S.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Aww, don't be mad. Maybe I am just hardened because I ride the bus so often cuddled up between strangers. As long as my seat neighbour doesn't touch me I am happy.
    I know a lot of people who complain about flights here too but it is more about insufficient space for the legs and not for the butt.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information