Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree200Likes

Thread: New York Times: CDC predicts up to 1.4 million cases of Ebola

They couldn't test the dog before just killing it?
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    They couldn't test the dog before just killing it?
    Evidently not, the ignorant fucks. I'm so disgusted by this. The screwups in the Dallas case were minor compared to the epic Spanish fuckery. The poor sick nurse/tech said she found out about her test results from the media; her doctors had just mysteriously stopped coming into her room. Well, they apparently fear airborne transmission, huh?

In other news, a British businessman in his 50s has died in "Macedonia" of what's suspected to be Ebola--fever and hemorrhaging anyway.
    ConstanceSpry likes this.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Why is Macedonia in quotes?
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

^^^^
    greek nationalism?
    they prefer the name Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (FYROM)
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    ^^^^
    greek nationalism?
    they prefer the name Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (FYROM)
    hey, I could be up for a little Greek nationalism. especially if a handsome evzone asked.
    actually it was because the source didn't seem to know what the heck country they were talking about, they just knew some "Briton" was dead and it sounded like Ebola. Looks like it turned out to be true, at least the Brit and Macedonian parts.

On the other hand, maybe I was just thinking about the "dead pool" thread...
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

According to Buzzfeed (I know, shut up) a muppet on a flight from Philadelphia to the Dominican Republic sneezed and said he had Ebola, then a full hazmat crew had to board the plane to get him off. He tested negative for Ebola. What an idiot.

ConstanceSpry likes this.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post

Logically, I try to be this way. But, my Howard Hughesness just sometimes takes over. I'll be wearing a mask and gloves before the year is over. Hey, at least I know I have a problem
    don't forget to bedazzle both before wearing.
    Kathie_Moffett and KrisNine like this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

I just heard another nurse in Texas has it.

I heard another one has it too. It is going to spread like wildfire in that hospital where they were very lax when taking care of Duncan. I am afraid of just how many family members of the staff are going to wind up with this horrible virus as well. It scares the shit out of me to think of just how far and wide this could spread.

Quote Originally Posted by Mivvi21 View Post
    I heard another one has it too. It is going to spread like wildfire in that hospital where they were very lax when taking care of Duncan. I am afraid of just how many family members of the staff are going to wind up with this horrible virus as well. It scares the shit out of me to think of just how far and wide this could spread.
    If the staff have been monitoring themselves for symptoms, especially fever, like they were supposed to, then they probably are not transmitting it to family members. Regardless, people are starting to get a little angry at the CDC in not having a better, more comprehensive, response to this.

Gold Member

These people are killing me with the "nurses must've broken protocol" blame. How much of a protocol was in place when the first patient came in? How much training have these nurses really had in dealing with something like this?
    Cinnamon*Girl likes this.

Texas Town Quarantined After Family Of Five Test Positive For The Ebola Virus

The small town of Purdon, Texas has been quarantined after a family of five tested positive for the Ebola virus.
    Purdon is located just 70 miles from Dallas, Texas, and the hospital that has cared for both American Ebola patients, Thomas Eric Duncan, and Texas nurse, Nina Pham.
    It has been verified that Jack Phillips returned from Dallas last week while on business. Shortly after arriving home, Mr. Phillips began exhibiting flu-like symptoms, but did not immediately go to the hospital. At this time his wife and children began showing similar symptoms, which provoked the family to get tested. Doctors then learned that Phillips, his wife, and three children had contracted Ebola haemorrhagic fever.

Facts About Purdon, Texas And The Ebola Quarantine

• 133 residents
    • Unincorporated community in Navarro County
    • Originally Known As Belle Point
    • Ebola is spread through contact with bodily fluids of an infected individual
    • Ebola has a 90% casualty rate in areas such as West Africa. In America the mortality rate is 50/50
    • Five people are confirmed to have the Ebola Virus in Pardon County
    • CDC quarantined the area, erecting road blocks and disallowing anyone in or out of the area

A staff member at the Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital contacted National Report with a short statement about the Ebola situation in Texas. The individual wished to remain anonymous for their own safety, and told us the following,
    “As far as we know, Jack Phillis had not come in contact with neither the late Thomas Duncan or Mrs. Phan. It is perhaps possible that he was within a close proximity of the infected parties, but it is otherwise unknown as to how Phillips was infected with Ebola.
    The CDC wasted no time sealing up the rest of the town’s denizens, and has stopped all traffic entering and exiting Purdon, TX. As of 10 Pm, Oct. 13th area has been surrounded with police and CDC officials. Communications with the locals seems to have been cut off, and press is currently awaiting an official statement from local authorities.

- See more at: Texas Town Quarantined After Family Of Five Test Positive For The Ebola Virus | National Report

ETA: Snopes says this is FALSE!!!
    http://www.snopes.com/media/notnews/texasquarantine.asp
    Last edited by Mel1973; October 15th, 2014 at 07:33 AM.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by deenz View Post
    These people are killing me with the "nurses must've broken protocol" blame. How much of a protocol was in place when the first patient came in? How much training have these nurses really had in dealing with something like this?
    Texas nurses: 'There were no protocols' about Ebola - CNN.com

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

The shit is getting real....really fast. They had best be working on a vaccination, ASAP!!! We need our health care workers healthy to care for our sick, and they will be the first ones going down with the shit.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information