Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree200Likes

Thread: New York Times: CDC predicts up to 1.4 million cases of Ebola

she tested negative for ebola twice, so i can see why she wouldn't want to be held in quarantine. they are now releasing her.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I can still see why they would want her in quarantine since she was working around ebola patients in Arfrica. Better safe than sorry. I sure wouldn't want to be around her at Walmart a day later, and then she might start having symptoms. If these people want to go over to the infected areas and help and then come back, they should realize that they will have to take steps to make sure they are not infected on their return. And that does include being quarantined for the 21 days. Don't go to the infected areas if you don't want to take the steps you have to in order to keep the stuff from spreading upon your return.

We have a family here in Iowa that want to send their school aged teen, along with her Mother, on a couple week mission trip to the area. They had a meeting at school with concerned parents about her returning to school. The school board and parents agreed that she will go on the trip, but the parent and teen will voluntarily placed themselves in a home 21 day quarantine upon their return. This reassured the health board, school and all the parents of the kids in that same school. Send your child there if you like,...but don't bring it back to the rest of us.
    Last edited by JadeStar70; October 27th, 2014 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs P View Post

We have another sexy Ebola nurse! There is even an Ebola themed party...

I can't wait for the sexy Ebola patient costume. What with the gallons of diarrhea and vomiting blood.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Gold Member

I think the nurse was complaining more about the conditions in which she was held - i.e. in a hospital tent with nothing but paper gowns (she was cold), she wasn't kept informed in the beginning, she wasn't fed in the beginning, etc. I don't know what to believe. If it's true, I don't blame her. If she's complaining about the actual quarantine than she needs a swift kick to the arse.
    JazzyGirl likes this.

^ The conditions she was held under. She will continue the quarantine at home.
    The White House voiced its concern to the governors of New York and New Jersey about the potential impact of quarantine orders, a senior administration official said on Sunday. "We have let the governors of New York, New Jersey, and other states know that we have concerns with the unintended consequences of policies not grounded in science may have on efforts to combat Ebola at its source in West Africa," the Obama administration official said in a statement.
    Anyway, I hope the people have the same reaction when flu season gets underway.Quarantine for everyone who's been exposed to that virus, I mean, better safe than sorry. And the flu kills about 500,000 a year by many estimates, which dwarfs ebola.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

Oh, okay. I didn't realize they were keeping her in a tent and not feeding her. Jesus,...why wasn't she taken to a solitary room in the hospital or a clinic, for Christ's sake! I thought she was just bitching about being held in quarantine. And as a nurse, I just thought she should know that better than anyone that it needs to be done. Good to hear she will go home and finish out her time.

why wasn't she taken to a solitary room in the hospital or a clinic
    because fear.

But really...If any of these medical professionals had self quarantined, and announced it, and we're never caught leaving their homes (like Nancy sneiderman did), I think they would not have stepped up forced quarantining.

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    Oh, okay. I didn't realize they were keeping her in a tent and not feeding her. Jesus,...why wasn't she taken to a solitary room in the hospital or a clinic, for Christ's sake! I thought she was just bitching about being held in quarantine. And as a nurse, I just thought she should know that better than anyone that it needs to be done. Good to hear she will go home and finish out her time.

Because Chris Christie is a grand-standing jackass.
    deenz likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Christie Hopes Healthy Nurse He Quarantined Finds "Time to Reflect"

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, whose health officials held an Ebola-free nurse from Maine in quarantine against her will after she arrived from Africa on Friday, told media at a campaign stop in Florida that "when she has time to reflect, she'll understand" why she was deprived of her freedom in the Garden State.

That nurse, Kaci Hickox, was released this afternoon after testing negative for the virus and is headed for another few weeks' isolation at her home in Maine—where she'll probably have more time not only to reflect, but to file a federal lawsuit over her treatment in Jersey, where she felt "like a criminal," according to CBS News.

Hickox had just returned to Newark from working with Doctors Without Borders in Sierra Leone. At the airport, she was held for hours, given an unreliable forehead temperature scan that read 101 degrees, and told she'd be quarantined in a hospital even though every doctor along the way thought she had no signs of a fever. She ended up isolated all weekend, wearing thin paper scrubs in a tent with no heat, no reading material, and a non-flushing toilet.

Christie, who was in Florida Monday to stump for Republican governor and fellow Obamacare opponent Rick Scott, had ordered the precautions to prevent Ebola possibly spreading in New Jersey, even though many experts—including Hickox herself—have expressed skepticism about the measures' usefulness. Christie sounded nothing like a private-sector libertarian in justifying Hickox's quarantine, all but calling her hysterical in her resistance to the incarceration:

"No one ever wants to be in the hospital, I suspect. And, so, I understand that. But, the fact is I have a much greater, bigger responsibility to the people of the public. So, I think when she has time to reflect, she'll understand that, as well."

Hickox—a Johns Hopkins- and University of Texas-educated nurse who's currently being derided as a " rabid leftist" by conservative Ebola alarmists online—sure sounded circumspect over the weekend in criticizing Christie's virus paranoia to CNN:

"First of all, I don't think he's a doctor; secondly, he's never laid eyes on me; and thirdly, I've been asymptomatic since I've been here," Hickox told CNN's Candy Crowley in a phone interview Sunday.

"There always needs to be a balance, because I also want to be treated with compassion and humanity," Hickox said on CNN's "State of the Union" by phone from her hospital isolation. "I don't feel like I have been treated that way in the past three days."

Still, she wrote over the weekend, reflecting on her plight, it was nothing compared to her last night in Sierra Leone, as she "coaxed crushed tablets of Tylenol and an anti-seizure medicine" into the mouth of a dying 10-year-old girl. That, Hickox wrote, "was the hardest night of my life."

czb

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    ... "First of all, I don't think he's a doctor; secondly, he's never laid eyes on me; and thirdly, I've been asymptomatic since I've been here," Hickox told CNN's Candy Crowley in a phone interview Sunday.
    yeah, she was treated poorly but the bolded part is what makes her sound like a moron. most of the doctors and epidemiologists at places like the CDC and NiH never actually SEE patients but they DO in fact, decide public health issues.

christie is even a bigger moron. but that is nothing new.

My daughter at Target today - "We don't lick the cart handles so we don't get evola"! God, I love this kid!

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Because Chris Christie is a grand-standing jackass.
    If he stands on anything, it won't stay grand for long.
    deenz likes this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Two young boys from Senegal were beat up at school here yesterday by kids who were chanting "Ebola". Fucking assholes, poor boys. Keep that climate of fear up media, you're doing a great job.
    sputnik likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzyGirl View Post
    Ok my question: Ebola has existed for decades. There have been other outbreaks where healthcare workers have gone in to the stricken areas. What makes this outbreak different? The scope of the outbreak? Just a situation Waiting to happen?
    Because the areas where there was an outbreak before were better at containing it as the health care is better (not super but still better) then in Guinea. Guinea is one of the poorest countries in Africa, Basic Health care is lacking, Child mortality rate is huge. Even now experienced health care workers/ infection control staff are lacking in the area. All of which makes it easier to spread.

But basically since patient zero almost a year ago, the world sat back and watched. Medecins sans frontieres and the Who was warning about an outbreak about this since months. Then a US citizen died and mayhem started.

Oh and bravo Christie, put all the heros who actually went and try to contain the virus in quarantine without food and make them reflect before they go, maybe they all stay home then instead of trying to contain it....
    Last edited by kasippu; October 28th, 2014 at 07:28 AM.
    greysfang and JazzyGirl like this.

Thread Information