Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Mystery surrounds killing of Hollywood publicist

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    Well durr! He was obviously on speed.
    ...Stopped smoking on March 8, 2011. Was trying to put a fancy ticker in my signature but it didn't work...

This whole 180 that the BHPD has done is very shady. If t wasn't the $cinos that did it, I've heard rumors about the Russian Mafia or a wealthy benafactor from the Mideast that is behind her murder. Nowadays, a lot of Hollywood projects are financed by tycoons from oversas with questionable connections. I wouldn't be surprised if someone paid off the BHPD to come up with this unbelievably idiotic story. Either way, someone wanted her dead and possibly sending a message out to someone else. We'll never find the real truth about this anytime soon. RIP Ronni.
    Posted from my iPhone

Still Questions About Ronni Chasen Murder

By NIKKI FINKE | Friday December 10, 2010 @ 4:38pm PST

Hollywood journalist Allison Hope Weiner has an update on the Ronni Chasen murder case and emails Deadline the following details:

The Beverly Hills police held a press conference on Wednesday stating that they believe that Howard Martin Smith, a career criminal who served time in state prison, shot and killed Hollywood publicist Ronni Chasen. Police announced that lab tests revealed a preliminary match between the murder weapon presumed to have killed publicist Ronni Chasen and the gun used by Howard Smith to kill himself. (Smith committed suicide last week before he could be questioned by law enforcement.) The Beverly Hills Police stated that Smith acted alone in killing Chasen and police don’t believe the murder was a professional hit, but rather a “robbery gone bad.” The police theory is that Smith was on his bicycle and intended to rob Chasen, but she sped off after he shot her. After listening to the details of the press conference, one of my police sources familiar with the investigation questioned the credibility of the investigation and quipped, “If I’m murdered and you find my body in Beverly Hills, please drag my body to LAPD. Even if you have to leave a bloody trail.”

Q: How did the shooter come and go from the scene of the crime on a bicycle without being spotted?
    A: “You can not tell me that a black man riding around on a bicycle at midnight in Beverly Hills did not get stopped at one time by the police,” notes the police source with knowledge of the investigation. According to Mapquest, the distance from the 5600 block of Santa Monica Boulevard in Los Angeles to the 800 block of Whittier Drive in Beverly Hills is almost seven miles. The source also questions why this guy who was so allegedly desperate for money bothered to bike all the way to Beverly Hills to rob someone in a car when he can do the same thing closer to home? It’s been reported that neighbors heard the gunshots, called 911, and arrived at the murder scene before Chasen took her last breath. So how did Smith manage to bike down Sunset or Whittier without being spotted by either witnesses or the police? Especially when this part of Beverly Hills has considerable traffic late at night because of its proximity to the Beverly Hills Hotel.

Q: How did the shooter aim so deadly while on a bicycle?
    A: My police source asks where Smith acquired his shooting expertise. It seems unlikely that he went to the shooting range given that he was having money troubles and was behind on his rent. And how did he manage to shoot so accurately while sitting on a bike? The BHPD stated that a bicycle was found at Smith's suicide scene and it was taken into custody by the Los Angeles Police Department and will be turned over to BHPD. The fact that the bicycle is still in the LAPD's possession makes my source wonder whether the BHPD has had an opportunity to examine whether it was even possible for the suspect to have been on his bicycle by the passenger window and shoot directly in the chest. “One would think that they’d have conducted these type of tests before the press conference,” notes the police source.

Q: How did Smith manage to pick up all the shell casings at the murder scene and still get away?
    A: Since no shell casings were found at the murder scene, Smith somehow managed to shoot Chasen, pick up all the shell casings, and still bike away without being seen by any witnesses. “So it’s nighttime and it’s dark and they expect me to believe this guy is going to waste time to get off his bike in a nice quiet neighborhood to go and pick up shell casings?” my police source askss. “Those things eject backward. They’re rolling all over the place. I don’t believe a streetwise guy who spent time in state prison just stood there and picked up a shell casing on Whittier boulevard and Sunset and then biked away without being noticed.” The police source also doesn’t understand why, if this was a botched robbery, Smith bothered to stay around and pick up shell casings -- but didn’t bother to reach into Chasen’s broken car window and grab her purse.

Q: Why did BHPD say there was a "preliminary" ballistics match?
    A: The police stated that preliminary ballistics match showing the gun used to kill Ronni Chasen was the same gun used by Harold Smith to kill himself. My police source asks the public to question what constitutes a preliminary match. “Either it’s a match or it isn’t,” says the source. “There is one test. You need to think of ballistics like DNA. Either it’s your DNA or it’s not.” The source also asks why there was no discussion about where Smith got the gun or ammunition that he used to kill Chasen and himself. “Where the gun came from? How did Smith end up with the gun? Was it used in other crimes? Where did he get those hollow points from? They’re supposed to keep a record of people who buy bullets. Did they check every gun shop in the area to find out the list of who they sold hollow points to? You know they’ve got a list.”

Q: Who is the tipster who contacted America’s Most Wanted?
    A: The BHPD on Wednesday stated that if Smith is the shooter, then the person who tipped off America’s Most Wanted will likely get a reward. However, the police source familiar with the investigation wants to know mor. Hs it possible that this tipster knows more about the crime than he’s told police? Have police really had sufficient time to investigate the tipster and whether he had a connection to Smith?

Q: Why hold a press conference when BHPD said the investigation is only "60% to 70%" complete?
    A: My police source familiar with the investigation said: “I have a bad feeling that this press conference is going to end up being the defense’s opening statement at trial. The police have a lot of investigating to do before they pronounce that Smith acted alone or that he didn’t have any connection to Ronnie Chasen. They need to find out, who did Smith hang out with?”

Q: If this was simply a random crime, then why did Smith shoot Chasen so many times if he didn’t even know her?
    A: The police stated they believe that Ronni Chasen’s murder was a random act of violence and that Smith had no connection to her. However, my police source with knowledge of the investigation still remains unconvinced about the BHPD’s theory of the crime. “This is a not a random homicide or a robbery gone bad. This was personal,” argues the source. “You don’t have a victim of a carjacking or robbery shot multiple times. Look at the statistics. People shoot someone multiple times for maximum effect.” Although the police stated at Wednesday’s press conference that they believed Smith acted alone and that they don’t believe that Chasen’s murder was a professional hit, at least two of my police sources with some knowledge of the investigation don't buy it. “I don’t believe that this streetwise punk who’s done time in prison agreed to kill someone without at least getting some sort of a down payment. They need to look at where Smith spent his money. When I first heard they were having this press conference, I couldn’t believe it,” adds police source. “And then I realized, 'Wow, they’re really going to just blame it all on the dead guy.'”

Still Questions About Ronni Chasen Murder – Deadline.com

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Who are the BHP protecting or who paid them off?
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Fear over Ronni tip

By JEANE MacINTOSH
    Last Updated: 6:53 AM, December 10, 2010
    Posted: 2:35 AM, December 10, 2010

The anonymous "America's Most Wanted" tipster who cops said helped crack the Ronni Chasen murder mystery was so afraid of the alleged triggerman that he nearly didn't come forward, show host John Walsh said yesterday.

"He was very fearful," Walsh told The Post about the man whose tip led Beverly Hills police to murder suspect Harold Martin Smith.

The tipster, he said, had overheard Smith talking about the murder. "He didn't know the guy, but he knew enough to know he was a little unhinged, that this was not your average citizen," Walsh said.
    Getty Images
    SCARED WITLESS: John Walsh says the tipster in the Ronni Chasen murder was terrified.

The informant called the TV show after seeing its Nov. 20 segment on the slaying that terrified Tinseltown. But, Walsh said, he didn't give much information -- and waited "three or four days" to call back with details.

"We were holding our breath that he'd call back," Walsh said. "When he finally did, he gave a very thorough description of [Smith] and his location that were right on the nose."

In an interview posted on the "America's Most Wanted" Web site, the tipster said, "My family, close friends and even my doctor said I was making something out of nothing and should just stay out of it."

Working on the tip, police on Dec. 1 tracked down Smith at the Harvey Apartments in Hollywood. Smith blew his own brains out as police approached with a search warrant.

This week, Beverly Hills cops said preliminary ballistics tests matched Smith's suicide gun to the five bullets that had been fired into Chasen as she returned home from a Nov. 16 movie premiere.

Walsh said Beverly Hills police came to him after the murder and asked for help. "AMW" rushed to get a segment on that same week.

He said the tipster was wary of police and afraid of retribution from Smith.
    "He's a real hero," Walsh said. "He did the right thing, and God bless him because he spared Ronni Chasen's family a long trial and a lot of pain."

Walsh said the informant "burst into tears" when he heard about the ballistics match.

"He'd been having second thoughts, worrying that he did the right thing and that this was the guy," Walsh said.

Despite some skepticism that cops have identified the right killer, Walsh believes that investigators are right and that Smith acted alone, killing Chasen in a robbery gone bad.

The tipster stands to collect as much as $125,000 in reward money. He says his call wasn't motivated by cash.

"I did this for one reason," he told "AMW." "To get justice for Ronni Chasen."

Source: Ronnie Chasen tipster was afraid of retribution - NYPOST.com

Doesn't know the guy but is incredibly fearful. Gives a sketchy account on the first call but calls back four days later and has acquired full details.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Sounds like it's still a cover-up, if not by Co$ then by *somebody*. That and the Beverly Hills PD are probably so used to being mall security cops because nothing like this happens in BH that they're trying to cover up their total ineptitude.

hmmm....I'm not believin' this story one bit.

Happy trails to you...until we meet again.
    I love & miss you Dad.

someone in her family is a greedy p.o.s.
    another year i claim of total indifference.

I want to see a re-enactment of the crime being committed on the bike.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Me too. I ran across several comments from people who lived near where the car crashed who said they heard 4 shots not five. Then I found this: "Several residents dialed 911 at the time of the attack. The first call, from a person who lives near Sunset and Benedict Canyon Drive, reported a gunshot.Moments later, more 911 calls came in reporting shots heard several blocks to the west, near Whittier and Sunset. Another resident called 911 to report hearing the car crash into the light pole."Source
    So he fires one shot then furiously pedals after her as she tries to flee, catches up with her a couple of blocks away then fires four more.

-- Stephen Hawking

Interesting...

Ronni Chasen, Bad Photos, And A Trip Down Whittier

Most of you have probably lost interest in the Ronni Chasen murder. To me though, it has not lost any of its interest and I think there are so many unexplained questions that have been glossed over in an effort to just get the story out of the news and to whitewash what happened.

As much as I love Coast To Coast, I am not a big conspiracy guy and I don't usually see shadows when they are not there. However, from the beginning this case seems like it has been adjusted for what would fit rather than finding out what really happened.

At the outset, the police said this had to be a professional hit because of the nature of the crime and the way the gunman managed to hit Chasen so accurately. Probably not the work of a guy who was practically homeless and as far as I know had no transportation.

The shooting took place at the intersection above. Although the Beverly Hills Hilton is a few blocks away there is nothing else but really expensive houses for a long way. Police and private security are everywhere and when I took the pictures, I spent about ten minutes on the street and saw 2 police cars, and 4 marked security cars. In addition, there were probably 20 private cars that came down Whittier.

It is certainly not a location where you would expect to see a homeless man lying in wait for an opportunity to strike. Yes, I know the ballistics on his gun matched the bullets used to shoot Chasen. However, no one has explained how this guy managed to do this shooting in full view of cars and video cameras, get away on his bike? Foot? Bus? No one has explained his statements to several people that he got paid $10,000 for the shooting, or why Ronni was shot so soon after changing her Will.

Anyway, Whittier is a very interesting street. If you are facing Whittier from the East as in the photo above, the house right here
    is on your left and has video cameras on the side which face towards the intersection. It is also probably an interesting note that the house belongs to a guy named Keanu Reeves. Yep, his tapes may have provided clues.
    So, Ronni was shot at the intersection and proceeded south down Whittier. As she did so, she passed the home above which belongs to Neil Diamond.
    The wreath is actually in between Neil's house and his neighbor. The house in the distance which can be seen below in a much closer view belongs to Jessica Alba.
    Ronni was shot five times at the intersection and managed to make it about halfway down the block before coming to a stop. Where did our shooter go? If it was a hit, he did not go to check to see if he was successful. If it was not a hit, then how come he did not attempt to rob her? How come some guy shows up at some random intersection and decides to shoot the woman inside this car? I would like those answers and I don't think they have been given yet.

FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I was really hoping that this story wouldn't die down. Sounds like someone paid for a cover-up.

Well so far at least, the BHP doesn't appear to be interested in crime scene investigative logic. They're settling for what's convenient, even if the public isn't.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

I still think it's an interesting story. Hope it doesn't die down.

ITA & the BHPD are full of shit! Wonder who paid them off?
    Free Charmed.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread Information