Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Mystery surrounds killing of Hollywood publicist

I'm sticking with the Co$bots. Maybe she refused to represent one? Lost Katie Holmes an Oscar nod? lol
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Ok, I know...its from Perez......

Earlier in the week, we heard that the gun belonging to Harold Smith, a suspect who committed suicide, did not match the gun wounds found on Ronni Chasen's body.

Now, according to ballistics tests on Smith's weapons, it appears that there IS a match to the bullets recovered from Chasen's body.

It's looking like Harold Smith may be the murderer, but nothing has been confirmed at this time.

What do U think about this new information?

Celebrity gossip juicy celebrity rumors Hollywood gossip blog from Perez Hilton

Still think CO$.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

So now they're saying it is this guy? Still seems shady as hell....

Publicist Ronni Chasen's Murderer Acted Alone, Police Say

By Ken Lee
    Wednesday December 08, 2010 06:20 PM EST
    Ronni Chasen and Harold Martin Smith
    Eric Charbonneau/Getty, AP

The murder case that captivated Hollywood is nearly closed.

Publicist Ronni Chasen was gunned down during an attempted robbery by a desperate man, Harold Martin Smith, who was riding a bicycle at the time and later took his own life with the same weapon, Beverly Hills police said Wednesday.

"We don't believe it was a professional hit," police Chief David Snowden told reporters.

Preliminary ballistics tests showed a match between at least one fatal bullet in Chasen's murder and the gun that Smith used to kill himself on Dec. 1 when detectives approached him in a Hollywood apartment lobby, Snowden confirms.

Smith, 43, a transient with a long rap sheet of robbery and drug crimes, had no ties to Chasen, 64, other than a desire to rob her, police say.

"We believe that Mr. Smith acted alone," says Snowden.

Det. Sgt. Mike Publicker added they believe this was a case of a "robbery gone bad," but also called it a "random act of violence."

"Interviews we've conducted lead us to believe [Smith] was in a desperate point in his life," Publicker continued. "We believe he intended to rob her. We don't believe he was a paid hitman."

Police added that no shell casings have been found.

Chasen, 64, was shot multiple times while driving her Mercedes-Benz in the early morning hours of Nov. 16 after leaving a party for the Burlesque premiere.

Despite theories that Chasen was gunned down from another car, police believe Smith was riding a bicycle when he committed the crime. The bike was later found at the suicide scene.

According to Smith's neighbor, Terri Gilpin, 46, Smith had openly bragged in the days following Chasen's death that he was the killer, but questions were raised about whether Smith was telling the truth.

"He said, 'You know that publicist they're talking about on TV? Yeah, I killed her. I'm getting $10,000 for killing her. I did it, I did it,' " Gilpin said.

Publicker added they are 60-70 percent done with the investigation, which is still ongoing.

People.com

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

yeah definitely shady as hell

Sounds like complete bullshit. Since the LA cops were SO efficient and effective in investigating OJ Simpson, I'm just not expecting much here.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

He was riding a bicycle and managed to ride level with the moving car and hit her FIVE times in the chest because he's a super great shot and capable of riding at a Tour de France speed. He then carefully picked up all the shell casings, stole nothing and rode off on his bike unobserved by anyone. Who tries to "just rob" a moving car?
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Incredulous reporters quizzed the Beverly Hills police at their press conference today – everyone was flabbergasted to hear that the bullets that killed Ronni Chasen match the gun that Harold Smith used to kill himself. Cops theorized that Smith was desperate for money and it was a random robbery gone bad- ON A BICYCLE! LAPD has yet to turn over the bike to the Beverly Hills cops. Harold was certainly a good shot, but why didn’t he grab Ronni’s handbag on the seat next to her? Beverly Hills police played down the fact that they got the Harold Smith lead from America’s Most Wanted who received a call from a tipster. (Presumably the tipster will collect the $125,000 reward.) There are still a LOT of unanswered questions here so don’t put the Beverly Hills cops on a pedestal yet.

Janet Charlton's Hollywood

Yep, I'm ridin' my bike in Beverly Hills, sportin' a large automatic weapon while I'm casually ridin' my bike. Yepper, nothing to see here. Then, I'm a gonna shoot me a rich bitch, 5 deadnuts shots, not take anything from her expensive foreign sportscar, then move along smartly before I can get caught. Sure thing.

- Mark Twain

This smells to high heaven.

Anybody here who knows any actual police personnel, especially in SoCal...start gently prying and buying dinners. The real story is out there somewhere but imo this ain't it.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

"Investigators believe that the "bullets came from a high angle, perhaps from an SUV or other tall vehicle" which would "explain why no bullet casings were ever found anywhere near the scene,""

"police believed the attack "was planned in advance and not the result of road rage or a carjacking gone awry." The Reporter's website also said there was "relevant footage" from at least one security camera near the site of the shooting."
    Not a Random Act? Publicist Ronni Chasen May Been Shot From Another Car - ABC News

Something doesn't match here.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

The more they tell us, the more questions it raises.

Happy trails to you...until we meet again.
    I love & miss you Dad.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    Sounds like complete bullshit. Since the LA cops were SO efficient and effective in investigating OJ Simpson, I'm just not expecting much here.
    its the beverly hills police actually (but i get what you're saying, they're all lousy out here) and they won't allow outside help from the beginning they've said they have it under control

It's difficult to believe these guys would close this out on the flimsy evidence they have. First the bullets don't match - now, they do! First the shots came from above, such as an SUV - now they came from some guy on a bike who happened to be driving around BH at night unnoticed, who also shot her accurately five times, found ALL the bullet casings in the dark, forgot to rob her and sailed off merrily into the night. That's lame; CSI has better plots than that.

- Mark Twain

fgg

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    He was riding a bicycle and managed to ride level with the moving car and hit her FIVE times in the chest because he's a super great shot and capable of riding at a Tour de France speed. He then carefully picked up all the shell casings, stole nothing and rode off on his bike unobserved by anyone. Who tries to "just rob" a moving car?
    this was my first thought too. this story is completely unbelievable.

Thread Information