Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Mystery surrounds killing of Hollywood publicist

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Okay, this has $cientology written ALL over it.
    exactly; this guy was just the mercenary like the ugly jerry-curled dude in Ghost who killed Patrick Swayze's character. I think he shot himself or was shot to shut him up or protect whatever the killers were threatening him with, like we'll kill your whole family if you get caught and turn us in. ya know

i mean come on! no one goes down like this anymore; everyone who gets caught and is guilty as sin just pleads 'not guilty' and goes to trial and hardly gets the punishment they deserve.

the apartments he was living in btw is a run-down ram-shackle dump. this is right out of a movie i swear.

It's not a Co$ hit, the suicide shot himself in the head not repeatedly in the back.
    Free Charmed.

^ That's what I love about the Scientology 'suicides' they manage the impossible by shooting themselves multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    It's not a Co$ hit, the suicide shot himself in the head not repeatedly in the back.
    In front of witnesses too.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

But what if he was "programmed" to off himself if he was questioned?
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Some of this is a rehash from previous articles (it is the Daily Mail after all), but I believe the information about a private investigator taking photos of people coming and going from the building where Ronnie Chasen lived before her death is new. I wonder who hired the guy?

Man linked to assassination of Hollywood publicist commits suicide in hotel lobby as police draw in

By Daily Mail Reporter
    Last updated at 3:04 PM on 2nd December 2010
    • Man had been under police surveillance
    • Police: Case is not closed by this man's death
    • Detectives still baffled by lack of motive for the killing

Shooting: The LA County Coroner removes a body from the scene of a fatal shooting at the Harvey Apartments on Santa Monica Boulevard last night

A man believed to be connected to the murder of Hollywood publicist Ronnie Chasen shot himself dead in a Hollywood motel, police revealed last night.
    In a shocking new twist to the mystery that has captivated America, the unidentified pulled out the gun in the lobby of a dingy Santa Monica Boulevard address as police officers closed in.
    Miss Chasen, 64, was shot five times in the chest on November 16 in Beverly Hills, shortly after leaving the premiere of Burlesque, where she had joined Christina Aguilera on the red carpet.
    Detectives appeared to have precious few leads but maintained the killing was a professional hit.
    A tip led them to the Harvey Apartments, where they arrived at 6pm last night with a search warrant.
    He had been under surveillance by police in connection with Chasen's death for some time.
    However, they would only describe the dead man as a 'person of interest' rather than as a 'suspect' and refused to give details of his suspected connection to the Chasen case..
    Police did say that the case has not been closed by the man's deat.
    A studio apartment in the motel was estimated at between $600-$700 per month.

The dramatic turn of events came as initial coroner's report showed Chasen had died of wounds fired by an 'expert marksman'.

The coroner said the nature of the publicist's injuries were consistent with being targeted by a professional gunman.

Dramatic twist: Police described the gunman who killed himself at the the Harvey Apartments as a 'person of interest' in the Ronni Chasen murder

Popular: Ronni Chasen was murdered after being shot five times in the chest while driving back from a film premiere

The report said:'There were three apparent gunshot wounds to the right side breast/chest area. There were two apparent gunshot wounds to the right shoulder.

'There was an apparent gunshot wound to the right upper back and the left upper back.
    'One bullet was recovered from her back while at the hospital and is possibly a 9mm hollow point.'
    Detectives confirmed they are looking for a skilled marksman as part of their murder probe.
    They believe the gunman fired from a SUV or truck that pulled up alongside Miss Chasen's BMW as she stopped on Sunset Boulevard.
    The report added: 'After being struck by gunfire, she then made a left turn and drove for approximately a quarter mile before she crashed her car into a pole.'
    Former LA detective Gill Carillo told ABC News: 'Normally they turn the gun sideways and this is something that was done with some skill.
    'I carried a gun for 38 years and had to fire it quarterly. I don't think I could shoot and hit that mass like that.'
    Police could find no shell casings and only the car's right-side passenger seats and windows were damaged.
    Miss Chasen's death has prompted a swirl of theories as to who might have wanted to kill the popular publicist.

Footage of her driving a car that was not hers 19 days before she was gunned down has only added to the intrigue as conspiracy theories abound about her death.

Crash: The car that Miss Chasen was driving had careered in to a lamp pole

The film, snapped by a private investigator who was asked to record all the comings and going of the building where Miss Chasen was living, for an unrelated purpose, shows her driving an unidentified vehicle.
    While police found Miss Chasen's black E350 Mercedes Benz crashed into a lamp post at the scene of her death, the car she is seen driving just weeks before the killing was not hers.

WHY WAS CHASEN A TARGET?

Other theories from inside Beverly Hills include the following:
    • Miss Chasen had a close friend or family member who had accumulated gambling debts of over 300,000 and the creditors were chasing her for money
    • A Russian mob, who had invested in one of the films she had helped produced and were disappointed about their return, killed her
    • Miss Chasen was shot because of an art deal gone wrong
    • Someone was jealous of her successful Oscar campaigns

Police are now studying the video to see if it will shed any light on the mysterious killing.

They have already dismissed the possibilities that Miss Chasen, on her way back from a screening of Burlesque, was gunned down in a road rage incident or that it was a car-jacking gone wrong.
    The police theory focuses on shots being fired from another car that pulled up next to the passenger side of Miss Chasen's car at around 12:30am on November 16.
    It is believed these shots are what shattered Chasen's passenger side window, but police have ruled out a random sniper shooting.
    Police spokesman Lieutenant Tony Lee told the New York Post: 'People are coming out with all types of theories. But we will not rule out anything until the perpetrator is found.'

Miss Chasen's funeral was held last month and mourners included industry colleagues and Hollywood stars, including actors Michael Douglas and Elliott Gould.
    Enlarge Scene: The Hollywood publicist was driving her Mercedes when she was shot five times in the chest leading her car to crash into a pole

Read more: Ronni Chasen: 'Suspect' in murder of Hollywood publicist commits suicide | Mail Online

The suspect thought to be connected with the murder of Ronni Chasen, fatally shot himself in this Hollywood hotel. (Photo: Kevork Djansezian/Getty Images)

New details are emerging about the man who killed himself in connection with Hollywood publicist Ronni Chasen's murder—including that he was "agitated" for days about police.
    In a rundown apartment house, located in a bleak part of Hollywood, the mystery of Ronni Chasen's murder deepened Wednesday night when a man police say they believe was connected to the publicist's killing shot himself around 5:30 p.m., as officers got ready to serve a search warrant.
    Though speculation Wednesday night was that Harold was Caucasian, which fit into some of the more elaborate Russian murder plot conspiracy theories floating around, multiple sources told The Daily Beast Thursday that he was African American.
    A few hours after the shooting, Kevin McClure from the Los Angeles Police robbery homicide division appeared before reporters. He said that at 5:30 p.m., the Hollywood division had received a call from the Beverly Hills Police Department, saying they were going to attempt to talk to someone at the Harvey Apartments. When they went to his residence, he pulled out a handgun and shot himself, McClure said, adding that the man was pronounced dead on the scene.
    The Los Angeles Times reported that the man had told another resident that he was a former convict, who had served time in a state prison. Brandon Harrison, the neighbor, said he knew the man went by the name of Harold and had lived in the Harvey Apartments for three months,* but that he had been evicted after the first month for failing to pay rent. According to the neighbor, Harold returned to the building several times, asking if police were looking for him. "He told me several times, 'If it ever came back down to me going to prison, I would die first,'" Harrison recalled, according to the Los Angeles Times.
    On Thursday morning, another neighbor told The Daily Beast’s Claire Martin that Harold had said he was a two-strike felon, and said to this neighbor, who did not want to be named, “I messed up,” shortly after the Chasen shooting.
    Robin Lyle, a third neighbor, who works at a Cadillac dealership, confirmed to The Daily Beast on Thursday that Harold had been waiting for $10,000, but when it came it was much less—around $2,000. Lyle said that Harold, whose last name he believed was Smith, had a stutter, and rode a beach cruiser (he had no car that he knew of).
    According to Lyle, Harold wore gray gardening gloves whenever he went out: "He said it was for his protection.” Lyle described him as African American, 6 foot 3, with a thin build and a short afro. "He was a mellow guy, always pleasant. He blinked a lot. He said he'd been in jail a couple of times."
    Though speculation Wednesday night was that Harold was Caucasian, multiple sources told The Daily Beast Thursday that Harold was African American.
    The anonymous neighbor said he thought Harold had been evicted but came back to the building using a key he'd copied from when he lived here. He lived in room 329 here. "He was calm," the neighbor said, "But every once in a while he would get agitated and say, 'Have the cops been here, have the cops been here?'"
    "There was blood all over the floor and it looked like brain matter," said Terri Gilpin, a fourth neighbor, speaking of the scene in the lobby last night.
    How the man might be linked to Chasen's murder is not yet clear. Four law enforcement sources told the Los Angeles Times that he was indeed a suspect but police would not give a name of the man—or even confirm that he was a suspect. Tony Lee of the Beverly Hills Police Department described him as a "person of interest" only, and corrected himself when he used the word "suspect." He added that the Chasen "investigation is ongoing."
    But according to a local news report, the Beverly Hills Police say they believe the man who killed himself is the man who shot Chasen, and that they had had him under surveillance for several days. According to that report, the man shot himself in the lobby of the Harvey Apartments, outside the manager's office.
    Tony Lee of the Beverly Hills Police Department described the man as a "person of interest" only, and corrected himself when he used the word "suspect." He added that the Chasen "investigation is ongoing."
    Eddie Burke and Eddie Burke Jr., a father and his son who have been staying at the Harvey Apartments for the past two weeks while Eddie Jr. embarks on a boxing career, said the building is a "transient building" with studios and small apartments in the $600-$700 range.

Earlier, the Beverly Hills Police Department had issued a statement saying, "At the time of the shooting, BHPD detectives were on scene conducting a follow-up investigation. There were no other injuries related to the incident. Due to the fact that this is an ongoing investigation, there are no further details available at this time."
    Chasen, a well-known Hollywood publicist who represented a number of A-list stars and filmmakers, including the late Natalie Wood and Jaws producer Richard Zanuck, was gunned down around midnight last month near her house in a quiet, affluent part of Beverly Hills, after attending the premiere of the movie Burlesque. She was found slumped over the wheel in her Mercedes coupe, which had crashed into a telephone pole.
    According to a leaked coroner's report, Chasen's killer fired at least four shots into her car, including at least one hollow-point bullet.
    At least one former detective believes that the killer was an expert marksman, according to ABC News.
    "Normally they turn the gun sideways and this is something that was done with some skill," said Gill Carillo, a former homicide detective who worked in Los Angeles for more than 20 years. "I carried a gun for 38 years and had to fire it quarterly. I don't think that I could shoot and hit that mass like that."
    The murder baffled her friends and clients, and attracted widespread media attention. And the Beverly Hills Police Department dedicated almost half of its homicide investigation team to solve the publicist's murder.
    While police have remained tight-lipped about their investigation, theories about the murder have been abundant.
    Shortly after Chasen's killing, Sgt. Lincoln Hoshino of the Beverly Hills Police Department said that the department had served search warrants on Chasen's home and office, looking for clues.
    "It is an extremely unusual crime for us," he said. "We don't have a crime like this on a regular basis. We are in the infancy stages of the investigation."
    He went on to say that the police were conducting a forensic examination of Chasen's vehicle, and that, though a motive is not yet clear, "It is unlikely if someone is driving down the road, you can shoot them five times in the chest."
    He suggested that the driver most likely walked up to Chasen and began shooting. Investigators later told The Daily Beast that her purse had not been taken.
    Kate Aurthur is the West Coast Editor of The Daily Beast.
    A former editor of Men's Journal, Claire Martin has written for Outside, The New York Times, and the Los Angeles Times magazine.
    Like The Daily Beast on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for updates all day long.
    For inquiries, please contact The Daily Beast at editorial@thedailybeast.com.
    Free Charmed.

I can't make sense of all this, somebody just tell me when they figure it out.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

fgg

Ronni Chasen Left Millions of Dollars in Her Will

12/2/2010 12:15 PM PST by TMZ Staff

TMZ has just obtained a copy of murdered publicist Ronni Chasen's will and other documents -- which estimate the value of her estate at $6.1 million ... and she intentionally stiffed one of her relatives.

In the document, dated June 10, 1994, Ronni left her playbill collection and other memorabilia to the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, provided when it's publicly exhibited she gets credit -- "from the collection of Ronni Chasen."

Chasen was charitable, leaving $20,000 to Hole in the Wall Gang Fund, Inc., $10,000 to the Make-A-Wish Foundation International, $5,000 to Women's Cancer Research Foundation, $5,000 to the American Film Institute, $2,500 to the Gilda Radner Cancer Program and $5,000 to the Simon Wiesenthal Center.

According to supporting documents, another will was prepared for Chasen in 2006, but it has not yet been located. Lawrence Cohen, Chasen's brother who is applying to be the special administrator, says he believes the will may be in a safe deposit box.

In the 1994 will, Chasen left 3/4 of her estate to her mother, but her mom since died. Given her mom's death, her niece, Melissa Cohen, gets a huge chunk of money and the charities listed above get a substantial amount of money as well.

And small amounts of money go to Big Sister Volunteers of Los Angeles, the Corporation for Public Broadcasting and St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

Apparently Chasen did not like one of her nieces much -- she gives $10 to Jill Gatsby, stating, "I have intentionally and with full knowledge of the consequences omitted to provide for my niece, Jill Cohen, also known as Jill Gatsby, except for the gift of $10."

I'm almost certain this is the niece she stiffed: Jill Gatsby - IMDb
    Her father is Larry Cohen and his IMDB bio lists Ronni Chasen as his sister.

fgg

Road Rage Could Be Trigger in Publicist Murder

12/2/2010 4:22 PM PST by TMZ Staff

Sources connected with the criminal probe into the Ronni Chasen murder tell TMZ Ronni had a temper and road rage is a scenario cops are seriously investigating.

We're told cops are interested in the road rage theory as it relates to the suicide of the man last night who was the object of a search warrant connected to the murder.

TMZ has learned ... the man who shot himself in the head is HAROLD MARTIN SMITH.

Although there are reports Smith is a suspect in the murder of Ronni Chasen, we're told that label is based on LAPD sources, and the Beverly Hills PD is only considering him a person of interest.

Nevertheless, sources tell us the BHPD is actively investigating Smith to determine if he was in the Beverly Hills area the night of the murder.

And, we're told, as far as Smith goes, money was not the motive. Although Smith talked about getting $10,000, we're told that was in connection with a civil lawsuit.

So far, we're told, there's no physical evidence linking Smith to the killing, but cops are actively investigating.

Oh lord, here comes the spin.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I dunno.....not buying the road rage angle.

I'm sticking with the enraged handicapped person theory.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

fucked up

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information