Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Mystery surrounds killing of Hollywood publicist

was this lady a scientologist or just that she was involved with people who are scientologists?
    another year i claim of total indifference.

No evidence that she was a scientologist.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

I don't really think this had anything to do with Scientology now. But I'm interested to know the outcome of the investigation.

I read that she represented Jeremy Renner--he was going to be in the Paul Thomas Anderson CO$ movie but production got postponed.

Was Ronni Chasen Shooting a Professional Hit?

By Anonymous
    Created 11/19/2010 - 10:51
    Was Ronni Chasen Shooting a Professional Hit?

By Dominic Patten
    Published: November 19, 2010 @ 11:41 am

Did a professional hit man kill Ronni Chasen?
    With hard evidence scant, the precision of the shooting of the Hollywood publicist early Tuesday morning has led some to ponder if the events on Whittier Drive were out of a mob movie.
    “Recently, numerous media outlets have covered this story by relying on erroneous information, theories or speculation,” BHPD Chief David Snowden said Friday. "This type of media coverage can only jeopardize the integrity of the investigation."
    Possibly, but the media aren't the only ones speculating.
    “It looks like a professional job to me,” an L.A. law enforcement official told TheWrap, citing the five gunshots Chasen received to the chest and the lack of any leads. “The shots were very specific, making it easy to ID her, and the shooter disappeared without a trace."
    A funeral for Chasen will be held at 11 a.m. Sunday at Hillside Memorial Park and Mortuary in Culver City.
    Beverly Hills Mayor Jimmy Delshad, as reported by the L.A. Times, [1] says that police are pursuing the theory that an SUV or another bigger vehicle pulled up beside Chasen’s car and shot into her Mercedes. Talking to KABC-TV, the Beverly Hills mayor also said while no bullet casings found, pieces of glass, perhaps from Chasen's car windows, were found at the scene. A spokesperson for the Mayor said Friday afternoon that Delshad’s remarks were mere speculation.
    A random gang shooting seems unlikely in the upscale wealthy neighborhood, and the level of violence involved in Chasen’s death goes far beyond the pale of a carjacking. The Beverly Hills Police Department revealed on Wednesday [2]that the passenger window of Chasen’s car -- the side that would have faced the sidewalk on Whittier -- was shattered. The window was likely broken due to the shooting rather than the car crashing into the post on Whittier.
    An investigation of the scene of the shooting by TheWrap revealed that many homes and residences on that stretch of Whittier are behind foliage or back from the street, thereby hampering line of sight for most.
    Watch TheWrap Video From the Scene of the Ronni Chasen Shooting [3]
    Earlier this week, Beverly Hills police said they had no leads or suspects in the case. The BHPD also is not talking publicly talking about any clues from any possible video footage [4] they may have acquired from businesses or residences in the area. Sgt. Lincoln Hoshino said Friday morning that, “There is no new information available in the case.”

source:Was Ronni Chasen Shooting a Professional Hit? | TheWrap.com

Maybe Randy Quaid isn't crazy and there is a Hollywood whacker.

I heard somewhere (BBC news?) that BH has lots of CCTV so would question why this isn't on tape somewhere...

And they've buried her already
    Hollywood Insiders Gather to Honor Slain Publicist
    By JOHN ROGERS Associated PressUpdated 9 min ago

Hundreds of Hollywood insiders gathered this weekend to pay tearful tribute to a publicist-to-the-stars, Ronni Chasen, who was shot to death as she drove home from a movie premiere.

Some 500 people jammed Hillside Memorial Park's largest chapel near Los Angeles Sunday to pay respects to Chasen. Another 500 people were gathered on a wind-swept patio outside.

The 64-year-old publicist was shot to death in Beverly Hills early Tuesday as she drove home from a party following a premiere and party of the Cher-Christina Aguilera film "Burlesque."

Among those attending her service were Oscar-nominated singer-songwriter Carol Connors, producer Lili Fini Zanuck and Oscar-nominated film composer Hans Zimmer.

Many of Hollywood's best known publicists also gathered to pay respects.
    Free Charmed.

Why didn't TMZ report any of this?

Janet Charlton has a few things on this one....so adding the portion I thought was most interesting. The other one is about how Ronnie had a 'handicapped' thingy on her rear view mirror when she was not at all handicapped..so, here's this just to add to the conversation:

This has been the number one subject in Hollywood this week, and five days after the murder we still don’t know much. From day one, the police suspected it was a deliberate hit instead of a random act, and nothing they’ve discovered has changed that assumption. But why wouldn’t an assassin TRY to cover up the motive and make it LOOK like a robbery? The Beverly Hills police are scrutinizing the videos they picked up from sources near the killing, but they’re dead silent. It’s interesting that the BH police have refused help offered from other agencies and insist they will solve the crime themselves. (Granted, they don’t get many opportunities to solve crimes in that town.) Everybody assumes there’s a juicy story behind this murder – involving big money, ego, sex, who knows WHAT. Did Ronni harbor a piece of volatile information? TMZ seems to have dropped the ball on this one – with all their legal connections, we’d expect SOMETHING. The New York Post says Ronni told a friend last year that she thought someone was “following her.” Do any of you readers have a story about Ronni you want to share, or a theory, or actual information?

Janet Charlton's Hollywood

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    The other one is about how Ronnie had a 'handicapped' thingy on her rear view mirror when she was not at all handicapped..
    The killer was a pissed off handicapped person who couldn't find a parking spot?
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    The killer was a pissed off handicapped person who couldn't find a parking spot?
    Hey, who the hell knows! Janet Charlton sure sounds like she could cut a bitch who has a handicapped sticker when you aren't really handicapped! Not that I like it either...

Okay, we’re going out on a limb here, but this photo of Ronni Chasen’s crashed car is EXTREMELY revealing. We’re talking about the handicapped card. As far as we can ascertain, busy, active Ronni was far from handicapped. People who don’t live in Beverly Hills might not be aware that many residents with money abuse the handicapped policy and obtain handicapped placards without an infirmity. Perfectly healthy people get to park ANYWHERE WITHOUT PAYING FOR AS LONG AS THEY PLEASE and they never get a ticket. (It’s ironic that the wealthiest residents don’t have to pay for parking.) This thoroughly infuriates both people with genuine handicaps because their spaces are taken, and people without handicaps who resent their cheating. (That’s us.) Newsman Joel Grover investigated this phenomenon and found MOST people with the placards are cheating and everybody else loathes them. Form your own conclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    Janet Charlton has a few things on this one....so adding the portion I thought was most interesting. The other one is about how Ronnie had a 'handicapped' thingy on her rear view mirror when she was not at all handicapped..so, here's this just to add to the conversation:

This has been the number one subject in Hollywood this week, and five days after the murder we still don’t know much. From day one, the police suspected it was a deliberate hit instead of a random act, and nothing they’ve discovered has changed that assumption. But why wouldn’t an assassin TRY to cover up the motive and make it LOOK like a robbery? The Beverly Hills police are scrutinizing the videos they picked up from sources near the killing, but they’re dead silent. It’s interesting that the BH police have refused help offered from other agencies and insist they will solve the crime themselves. (Granted, they don’t get many opportunities to solve crimes in that town.) Everybody assumes there’s a juicy story behind this murder – involving big money, ego, sex, who knows WHAT. Did Ronni harbor a piece of volatile information? TMZ seems to have dropped the ball on this one – with all their legal connections, we’d expect SOMETHING. The New York Post says Ronni told a friend last year that she thought someone was “following her.” Do any of you readers have a story about Ronni you want to share, or a theory, or actual information?

I didn't see that bit when I followed the link, I saw this...

Okay, we’re going out on a limb here, but this photo of Ronni Chasen’s crashed car is EXTREMELY revealing. We’re talking about the handicapped card. As far as we can ascertain, busy, active Ronni was far from handicapped. People who don’t live in Beverly Hills might not be aware that many residents with money abuse the handicapped policy and obtain handicapped placards without an infirmity. Perfectly healthy people get to park ANYWHERE WITHOUT PAYING FOR AS LONG AS THEY PLEASE and they never get a ticket. (It’s ironic that the wealthiest residents don’t have to pay for parking.) This thoroughly infuriates both people with genuine handicaps because their spaces are taken, and people without handicaps who resent their cheating. (That’s us.) Newsman Joel Grover investigated this phenomenon and found MOST people with the placards are cheating and everybody else loathes them. Form your own conclusions.
    Free Charmed.

Gotta be something else behind this other than a pissed off handicapper. This is a professional hit; if I'm hosed at you for taking a spot, I might key your car or otherwise damage it. I'm not going to hire a professional hit-person to take you out in a ritzy neighborhood.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Yea, I don't think Janet is saying it was a pissed off handicapper, but just how different things are in Beverly Hills, especially for the elite. We have no idea what was going on behind closed doors....could be anything.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

man i coulda maybe been at the memorial reception at sony studios; i know a jackass who works there

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information