Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Friend Dahmer (yes, that Dahmer)

Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    I may have to read this one as well serial killers fascinate me, I want to know what makes them go over the edge and shit. I want to know all the weird tell-tell signs so I'll know if one moves next door lol. The worst book I've ever read was about Henry Lee Lucas I never could finish it that was one sick individual
    Me too, it started with a magazine article about Ted Bundy years ago, and then I read everything I could about him. I was definitely a true crime book junkie for while. but haven't read much lately. Never read about Henry Lee Lucas, but I remember one about John Wayne Gacy that was really difficult to get through.

This one sounds different and interesting, thanks for posting it, greys.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Me too, it started with a magazine article about Ted Bundy years ago, and then I read everything I could about him. I was definitely a true crime book junkie for while. but haven't read much lately. Never read about Henry Lee Lucas, but I remember one about John Wayne Gacy that was really difficult to get through.

This one sounds different and interesting, thanks for posting it, greys.
    My fascination with serial killers started with Ted Bundy too, from there I started reading as many serial killer books as I could get my hands on. I don't really read them very often anymore but will read this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Henry Lee Lucas was a serial confessor, not a serial killer. He was convicted of second degree murder in the death of his mother, and he may have been involved in the deaths of two other women, but nowhere NEAR the 600 he confessed to. Among other things, at one time or another, he claimed to have been a part of a cannibalistic cult, to have murdered Jimmy Hoffa, and to have flown down to Guyana to deliver the cyanide used in Jonestown. He sure did look creepy, though, and he spun a good tale.

Lucas's sometime lover/traveling companion/partner in crime Ottis Toole probably killed a few more people than Lucas (including Adam Walsh, the son of America's Most Wanted founder John Walsh). The two of them side by side look like a still from the Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Quote Originally Posted by WhateverLolaWants View Post
    I don't think I'll be able to read it, but I think its good that he's writing it. Serial killers come from somewhere and if there are points in the lives of young people where we can help them navigate their paths to safety instead of destruction, that's a good thing.
    Lola - that is a very important sentiment.
    Saving the lives of both the victims and murderer is very important.
    I grew up int he shadow of the Yorkshire Ripper, and his actions touched thousands. His victims and their families and friends' lives were changed irrevocable, but also so were lots of other people who were just living in his triangle at that time.
    Free Charmed.

I remember when Dahmer was killed. I was only 10 at the time. I remember we sat down for supper and the tv in the living room had been left on while the news was on.
    They did the story of Dahmer... we were eating sausage. I had to put my food down and I couldn't eat sausage for years because it made me think of Dahmer. Gross, I know.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information