Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Mother Pregnant With Twin Boys Kills Herself Because She Wanted a Girl

Exactly. Women are not taken seriously because people don't believe that you can possibly be feeling anything other than happy and content while pregnant and after giving birth. I myself took ages to admit I had a problem after having my son because I was scared of the judgement. These women took the first steps and sought help only to be pushed away. Even now when I go to the GP, they look at my records and ask me how I am doing now that I have finished therapy and meds just because I have an awesome GP. Even if I am only taking my son in for a checkup they still check on me even though I'm not the patient being treated at the time. This whole situation is disgraceful and I hope the doctor learns something from this and starts taking his patients more seriously.
    Seapharris7 and McJag like this.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Yikes. I was all set to judge this woman and call her selfish, but knowing that she had mental illness explains a lot. Pregnancy isn't all fun and games, and even as a man, I know women go through a lot of stress when dealing with the change in their bodies and hormones and the pressure of carrying a life around for months. Very sad story ruined by sensationalism.
    Kat Scorp likes this.

Mental illness/postpartum depression (maybe undiagnosed from her first pregnancies?) & crazy preggo hormones... ugh. Poor lady. I had PD & it's no joke, as much as I loathe my X, one thing he did right was FORCE me to go to the doctor & get some help.
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I've seen families with just three boys and it's pretty scary. And smelly.
    Actually, Google the term gender desire/gender depression, it does exist. But I agree that it is a form of mental instability or illness aggravated by pregnancy/post partum hormones. These type of comments are hurtful to people who do in fact have 3 or more children of one gender. FWIW we have a ton of boys and our house smells great! We are thankful our children are happy and healthy.

There is such a thing as antepartum depression too. The issue was definitely not the sex of the babies, this woman was seriously sick and nobody helped her.
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information