Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Most popular girls names, by state, for last 60 years

The girls' names in my class were pretty different - Chantal, Jolie, Brigette, Virginia, Catherine, Leah, Liza, Shelley, Tarina. Small class - I think that's all the girls. Other friends around my age were: Lucie, Emanuela, Sophia, Donna, Stephanie, Jodi, Andrea, Debbie, Astrid, Nancy. Not too many of these would be getting personalized stuff

Am I the only child of the 80s who went to elementary school with a ton of of Crystals? I had like 4-6 of them in a class one year, all with various spellings. My husband teases me that it's because I grew up in Vegas! He doesn't remember anyone named that in his suburban Boston elementary school. I told him it was Dynasty's fault.
    sprynkles likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Daphne View Post
    Am I the only child of the 80s who went to elementary school with a ton of of Crystals? I had like 4-6 of them in a class one year, all with various spellings. My husband teases me that it's because I grew up in Vegas! He doesn't remember anyone named that in his suburban Boston elementary school. I told him it was Dynasty's fault.
    i read the first line of your post and had the exact same reaction as your husband.
    i grew up in canada in the 80s and i don't remember a single crystal. but when we moved to geneva, there were a lot of christelles, which is sort of similar.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

^ I did know a lot of Crystals/Krystals/Krystles, actually. There was always at least one on any baseball team or Girl Guide company I was in, a few at my elementary school (and that's actually pretty considerable, as we had under 150 students most of the time), and tons at my high school. Kristys/Christies/Kirsties (Keer-stee), too.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information