Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: Model outs skeevy photographer Terry Richardson, well known creep

Quote Originally Posted by kcoh View Post
    I just don't understand the outrage over sexual predators in Hollywood when nothing is ever done about them. Polanski was convicted, became a fugitive, and people still defend him. I just think it's pointless for these girls to come out. Nothing is going to be done about Terry.
    You seem to enjoy stirring the pot on sexual issues as witnessed in the Jared Leto fan. Maybe you can just accept that you don't mind if someone is rough with you, or forceful, and that most others find it offensive and illegal.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I read the title as "Model Out Skeeves Photographer Terry Richardson" and was wondering how the hell that was even possible

Quote Originally Posted by Flygirl View Post
    Exactly. A 19 year old girl may or may not know what she's getting into with this guy (either way, she doesn't deserved to be harassed/assaulted on the job). The editors know full well what's going on with this pervert, yet they'll be the first ones to throw up their hands and act innocent when this shit really does hit the fan.

Lots of models are way younger then 19, young girls dreaming of becoming a model.
    Imagine being booked by Vogue - a dream coming true - and then have a pervert touch them while a whole crew is standing there watching, working not even realizing what is happening till the whole thing is over....

The editors carry as much blame and are equally guilty.
    Flygirl and MohandasKGanja like this.

Completely agree. I used 19 because that was the last example I read. I'm sure he's had younger victims. I think the editors are more than equally guilty, and should be called out on this also. They should not be allowed to act all innocent when this comes out.
    MohandasKGanja and kasippu like this.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    You seem to enjoy stirring the pot on sexual issues as witnessed in the Jared Leto fan. Maybe you can just accept that you don't mind if someone is rough with you, or forceful, and that most others find it offensive and illegal.
    That groupie may or may not be lying about Jared. There's no concrete proof against him or Terry. The situation that the model described was not rough or forceful. She didn't say no and she didn't resist. There was no crime.

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    Too many girls are still raised to please men, don't rock the boat, etc. So it's not hard for me to believe that plenty of young women would not have the self-confidence to stand up to an older man who happens to be powerful in their industry. If a college professor coerces a student into a sexual relationship it's considered abuse of power, I see this the same way.
    It doesn't even have to be about pleasing men. The power balance in the Richardson situation is way off. He's also obviously very good at slowing manipulating the situation to get it to go where he wants it to go. The assistant is just as guilty. One girl said how she figured everything was normal because the assistant was in the room, smiling, acting like this is how things go. So the girls stay calm and carry on ... then he's cumming on their faces.

I can totally imagine how he manipulates them. They think its just pictures. The pics start to get sexual but they kind of expect that, but still, it's just pictures, not real sex. Only suddenly it is. He inches toward it, again with the assistant making it seem normal, so it's confusing. Are we simulating sex here or is sex happening? It would be like doing a sex scene for a movie and the guy suddenly penetrating you. It's fucking gross and it's rape.

That groupie may or may not be lying about Jared. There's no concrete proof against him or Terry. The situation that the model described was not rough or forceful. She didn't say no and she didn't resist. There was no crime.
    Fuck off.

Yes there was, I looked it up and sexual abuse refers to any action that pressures or coerces someone to do something sexually they don't want to do.
    Because the victim “didn’t say no,” doesn’t mean that they meant “yes.” When someone does not resist an unwanted sexual advance, it doesn’t mean that they consented. Sometimes physically resisting can put a victim at a bigger risk for further physical or sexual abuse.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by kasippu View Post
    Yes there was, I looked it up and sexual abuse refers to any action that pressures or coerces someone to do something sexually they don't want to do.
    Because the victim “didn’t say no,” doesn’t mean that they meant “yes.” When someone does not resist an unwanted sexual advance, it doesn’t mean that they consented. Sometimes physically resisting can put a victim at a bigger risk for further physical or sexual abuse.
    The model's name is Charlotte Waters.

http://www.vocativ.com/underworld/se...hardson-model/

She came out publicly. She isn't the first, just one of many.

So two days ago I did. I called the NYPD, and they connected me with a detective, and I prefaced everything by saying that I was just calling because I wanted the information to be out there so that more people will come forward, and that I don’t want to press charges or anything. Then I told him the story, and all he said was that is wasn’t a crime situation because I never said no. So Richardson’s off the hook. It kind of sucks.

The detective told her that it isn't a crime because she didn't say no. Her situation is sexual harassment, which isn't a criminal offense.

Lack of force or roughness doesn't get someone off the hook for a crime. For example, if a teacher has sex with an underaged student, the teacher will be charged (and convicted) of being a class-4 sex offender. Even if the student willingly participated. In that case, the student is considered not legally capable of giving consent. Similarly, if a teacher, or boss, makes moves on a student or employee, that employee may succumb to the non-rough, non-forceful advances because they are in fear of repercussions that would come from turning them down. In those cases, that would be a bad grade or being fired.

A professional photographer, particularly one who is wealthy and renowned, has power over young, inexperienced models. They may be living paycheck to paycheck, and supporting their own parents, and are in fear that if they turn the photographer down or make him unhappy that he will send them back to the agency and say they are a bad model, and ruin their career.

That's why you don't need physical coercion to prove a case like this.

As far as proof against Terry, you have at least three different models - Sara Ziff, Rie Rasmussen, and Jamie Peck making similar claims against Richardson. And that is in addition to the claim by this particular model.
    kasippu likes this.

Kcoh - are you ok? Are you still off googling to find some other bullshit to post in defense of a man who abuses women?
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

That link above is a good read, she is very well spoken in that interview. This whole story makes me very sad. Just FYI there are people in the industry who know that Terry is a creep, some people do choose not to work with him.
    kcoh and kasippu like this.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Terry Richardson slams claims of sexual misconduct as 'witch hunt'

Terry Richardson is speaking out for the first time about allegations that he acted inappropriately with models behind-the-scenes, blasting the claims as a “witch hunt.”
    Richardson, who has photographed Beyoncé, Madonna, Rihanna and Kate Upton for Harper’s Bazaar, GQ and Rolling Stone covers, has been accused in online reports of sexual misconduct with various beauties.
    But Page Six has exclusively obtained a letter from Richardson defending himself, calling the accusations “false,” “hate-filled and libelous tales.”
    Richardson writes that years ago, “I chose to primarily ignore a cycle of Internet gossip and false accusations against me . . . I felt that to dignify them with a response was a betrayal of my work and my character.” He adds of the claims, which popped up again last week: “When these allegations resurfaced over the past few months, they seemed especially vicious and distorted . . . becoming nothing more than an emotionally-charged witch hunt.”
    He says, “People have become comfortable concocting hate-filled and libelous tales . . . In writing this, I make a humble attempt at correcting these rumors,” adding that without his voice, “All that remain are the lies.”
    Some stories about his alleged indecent behavior came from anonymous sources, while models including Jamie Peck and Charlotte Wheeler have gone public. Rie Rasmussen accused him of manipulating other young models in 2010.
    Richardson notes that, “like Robert Mapplethorpe, Helmut Newton,” he’s gained a rep for his explicit pictures, particularly after his 2004 book “Terryworld,” which “explored the beauty, rawness and humor that sexuality entails.”
    But he asserts, “I collaborated with consenting adult women who were fully aware of the nature of the work, and as is typical with any project, everyone signed releases . . . I have never used an offer of work or a threat of rebuke to coerce someone into something that they did not want to do. I give everyone that I work with enough respect to view them as having ownership of their free will and making their decisions accordingly.”

Terry Richardson slams claims of sex misconduct as ‘witch hunt’ | Page Six

Hit By Ban Bus!

He did defend himself in 2010.

Terry Richardson's Diary | I just want to take a moment to say I’m really...

• March 20, 2010I just want to take a moment to say I’m really hurt by the recent and false allegations of insensitivity and misconduct. I feel fortunate to work with so many extraordinary people each and every day. I’ve always been considerate and respectful of the people I photograph and I view what I do as a real collaboration between myself and the people in front of the camera. To everyone who has embraced and supported me and my work, I am so grateful. Thank you, it means a lot.
      Terry

Hit By Ban Bus!

I agree with him. He never harmed these women. They were 18 or older and could have walked out. He was never violent. This is a witch hunt. When these women come forward, they never say he used force or that he intimidated them. While the man is certainly perverse, he is not guilty of sexual harassment nor misconduct. Do you ever wonder why celebrities continue to associate with him? It is because, despite these libelous and hate-filled allegations, he is actually not a bad person.

He should sue these women for defamation of character.

He should sue these women for defamation of character.
    If they were lying, he would.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread Information