Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: Model outs skeevy photographer Terry Richardson, well known creep

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    In the United States, this behavior will typically will make you subject to criminal and civil penalties. There are EEOC rules and legal precedents against quid pro quo sexual harassment or creating a hostile work environment. Believe it or not, if you work at IBM, your boss cannot ask you to remove his pants while you are working on a marketing presentation with him.
    I kind of feel bad for them, but then I feel like it is their fault.

fgg

oh boy...
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Quote Originally Posted by kcoh View Post
    When you go to Sears portrait studio to get your family photos taken, have you ever been asked for sexual favors by the photog?
    kcoh likes this.

I don't have a hard time understanding why the model didn't leave. She was young and in a position where she was supposed to follow his orders. That's the job, and so many experiments and historical events have shown that it's not that difficult to coerce and control people, particularly if they are being obedient. Another thing that can happen is "freeze" as a natural protective response--as in fight, flight, freeze. If some guy in a bar or on the street were doing this to her, she would have run or screamed, but in this case, already more or less put under someone's control, the freeze option goes into play instead. I think a lot of sexual abuse probably can happen because of a combination of power differentials and central nervous system response.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by kcoh View Post
    Of course it is. It's like when women are raped and were wearing sexy clothes.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    your boss cannot ask you to remove his pants while you are working on a marketing presentation with him..
    Great. Now you tell us.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    I just don't understand the outrage over sexual predators in Hollywood when nothing is ever done about them. Polanski was convicted, became a fugitive, and people still defend him. I just think it's pointless for these girls to come out. Nothing is going to be done about Terry.

It is pointless for them to come out. Because there will always be assholes that blame them, and not the rapist/harasser.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Don't forget drunk!
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

I wish some girl had the courage to sue him. He is the Weinstein of the fashion world.
    All these editor bitches are using him, knowing he is the biggest pervert ever which makes them as bad.
    Flygirl and MmeVertigina like this.

I can't even with this thread...when did logic just get up and die?
    Mel1973, Butterfly and Kittylady like this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Quote Originally Posted by kasippu View Post
    I wish some girl had the courage to sue him. He is the Weinstein of the fashion world.
    All these editor bitches are using him, knowing he is the biggest pervert ever which makes them as bad.
    that's the thing though, until one of them does, nothing will change. i think before i was pissed off that these girls let that shit happen and now i realise it's not exactly a 'choice' but i do think that if anything's going to change, it's not going to come from the industry because hello, the industry like corporations that stick shit in our food won't change unless they're forced to or if there's sufficient public outrage. even if a lawsuit doesn't actually end in a verdict against richardson, just by raising enough of a stink and having multiple girls testify against him, would be enough of a scandal i think. because right now it's just isolated cases popping up on the internet every once in a while, but largely ignored by the mainstream media.
    Flygirl likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

They are starting to organize against him. HuffingtonPost had posted an interview last week with model Sara Ziff and another model about this guy and his behavior, and the need to reform the protocol of interaction between photographers and models. So, the bandwagon is revving up.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    that's the thing though, until one of them does, nothing will change. i think before i was pissed off that these girls let that shit happen and now i realise it's not exactly a 'choice' but i do think that if anything's going to change, it's not going to come from the industry because hello, the industry like corporations that stick shit in our food won't change unless they're forced to or if there's sufficient public outrage. even if a lawsuit doesn't actually end in a verdict against richardson, just by raising enough of a stink and having multiple girls testify against him, would be enough of a scandal i think. because right now it's just isolated cases popping up on the internet every once in a while, but largely ignored by the mainstream media.
    Agreed. I am an average, semi-well-informed consumer and I had no idea who this guy was before GR.

Quote Originally Posted by kasippu View Post
    Exactly. A 19 year old girl may or may not know what she's getting into with this guy (either way, she doesn't deserved to be harassed/assaulted on the job). The editors know full well what's going on with this pervert, yet they'll be the first ones to throw up their hands and act innocent when this shit really does hit the fan.

Too many girls are still raised to please men, don't rock the boat, etc. So it's not hard for me to believe that plenty of young women would not have the self-confidence to stand up to an older man who happens to be powerful in their industry. If a college professor coerces a student into a sexual relationship it's considered abuse of power, I see this the same way.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Thread Information