Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: Model outs skeevy photographer Terry Richardson, well known creep

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    ^^You got there before me Mohandas. She was jsut putting it out there since he's been doing this for years and often with young girls, some of whom are from overseas and don't speak the langauge well or whatever. I think it's great she did it. People in positions of power tend to get away with this kind of crap far too often.
    Rasmussen apparently is afraid of nobody. I think I read she just came back from a women's rights mission in Afghanistan. After staring down the Taliban, she could probably handle Terry Richardson with one hand tied behind her back.

i don't know. to me this is like some famous actress coming out and slamming the fat, ugly producer for asking her to blow him, which she did. and for bitching about it after she gets the part and becomes famous...
    yes, he's still a pervy pig. but she's also an opportunistic twat. if you blow someone to advance your career, at least own it and accept that you played dirty to get what you wanted. don't act like you're some victim of abuse.
    again, this goes for the model telling her story and other similar situations, i'm not talking about any underage girls or anyone else.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i don't know. to me this is like some famous actress coming out and slamming the fat, ugly producer for asking her to blow him, which she did. and for bitching about it after she gets the part and becomes famous...
    yes, he's still a pervy pig. but she's also an opportunistic twat.
    It's multiple issues. In Rasmussen's case, she says he used a photo of hers in one of his new books, without a signed release by her. Ironically, for a Richardson book, the picture is of Rasmussen wearing clothes. She is pissed on one hand because this is just one of many things that she says he habitually does to models.

On the other hand, she is also saying he takes advantage of younger, underaged models, both during and after the shoot.

Putting this guy in another environment, if he were teaching photography to students of a similar age in either high school or junior college - and pulling this crap -- he would probably be up on criminal charges.

It doesn't matter what the models agree to, the fact that his behavior isn't considered some kind of egregious breach of professional decorum and standards (termination offense) is mindboggling.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    yes, he's still a pervy pig. but she's also an opportunistic twat. if you blow someone to advance your career, at least own it and accept that you played dirty to get what you wanted. don't act like you're some victim of abuse.
    again, this goes for the model telling her story and other similar situations, i'm not talking about any underage girls or anyone else.
    That's exactly how I read it too. If you chose to give out a handy/blow job that's your business. Just don't come out after and say that you felt pressured and you weren't sure why you did it...etc. etc...just own it.
    "My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah." TEAM MILEY!!

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    he takes advantage of younger, underaged models, both during and after the shoot.
    IMO, it's not "taking advantage" of someone if they willingly go along with what's happening (unless they are underage or not in their right frame of mind).

And yes, if this were a teacher in a school, that's an entirely different ballgame. Absolutely.

In this case, it's not "professional" at all yet these womeb went along with it so they could get what they wanted... a published photograph. They were willing to go that extra length for it. Nobody made them do it. They traded their ("handy"--as The One says, or a blow job, sex, or letting some dude c*m on them) so they could achieve what they wanted--a business exchange, really.

Sidenote: "A handy" is my new favorite term.

^lol Glad that I could add a new term into your vocab
    "My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah." TEAM MILEY!!

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    IMO, it's not "taking advantage" of someone if they willingly go along with what's happening (unless they are underage or not in their right frame of mind).

And yes, if this were a teacher in a school, that's an entirely different ballgame. Absolutely.

In this case, it's not "professional" at all yet these womeb went along with it so they could get what they wanted... a published photograph.
    What if you turned that around in a sexual harassment case and said, "Well, she willingly went along with it."? Would that be legally defensible in a civil case? Especially if the person felt pressured to do it to keep their job? Would that be a defense that Richardson would be able to leverage without an employer laughing in his face and throwing his ass right out the door after being summarily fired? Doubtful.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheONe View Post
    That's exactly how I read it too. If you chose to give out a handy/blow job that's your business. Just don't come out after and say that you felt pressured and you weren't sure why you did it...etc. etc...just own it.
    So being pressured on the job (don't laugh, Uk people) is ok and tough shit for you, you should just 'own it'?
    What if you turned that around in a sexual harassment case and said, "Well, she willingly went along with it."? Would that be legally defensible in a civil case? Especially if the person felt pressured to do it to keep their job? Would that be a defense that Richardson would be able to leverage without an employer laughing in his face and throwing his ass right out the door after being summarily fired? Doubtful.
    Again, you got there before me. You and I are sharing a brain tonight.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

So being pressured on the job (don't laugh, Uk people) is ok and tough shit for you, you should just 'own it'?

Again, you got there before me. You and I are sharing a brain tonight.
    This isn't me being an Assh*le but I can't recall her saying that she felt pressured. All i recall is her saying that she did it because he seemed so Happy and friendly and his assistants seemed stoked!....so that doesn't sound like pressure to me. If it's a matter of her feeling bad if she let people down then that's on her. Again don't get my feelings twisted the guy is pretty sick. But pressure is being told that you are fired if you don't do something or that "I'll make it so you never work in this town again"....not the same.

This isn't me being an Assh*le but I can't recall her saying that she felt pressured. All i recall is her saying that she did it because he seemed so Happy and friendly and his assistants seemed stoked!....so that doesn't sound like pressure to me. If it's a matter of her feeling bad if she let people down then that's on her. Again don't get my feelings twisted the guy is pretty sick. But pressure is being told that you are fired if you don't do something or that "I'll make it so you never work in this town again"....not the same.
    Once again, I think there is confusion about what Jamie Peck is saying vs. what Rie Rasmussen is saying. Jamie Peck is not claiming to be victimized, only that Richardson's behavior was totally off the charts, and that she basically went along with it because at the time she was surrounded by a roomful of Richardson's hangers-on and psycophants making it sound like this was just a regular day at the park.

Contrast that with Rie Rasmussen's accusations. Moreover, it is very clear by Richardson's reaction to Rasmussen (calling Rasmussen's agency to try to get her in trouble) that Richardson WOULD try to get a model fired or in trouble with her agency by not "going along with the program". This is the DEFINITION of sexual harassment.

I think that there is an implied pressure. Look at it this way: It's a matter of a huge power differential. She's a teenage girl looking to break into a very hard, sought-after field. He's an older man with money, access, power and fame. Those two people are not on equal footing when it comes to power, and hence questions of consent are very much at play here.
    I agree that she isn't complaining as much as outing the guy. Apparently the girl in the blow job picture quit uni to work with him, travelled all over the world with him on jobs, thinking this would give her the opening she needed in the industry. He got bored with her and fired her quite suddenly.

I think anyone who uses their power, either openly or in an implied manner, is guilty of sexual harrassment at the very least. I hope this turns him into persona non grata, although I doubt it will. Kate Moss, et al will be coming out any second saying that they never had any trouble with him so it couldn't possibly be true, blantantly ignoring the fact that they too wield power in the industry so aren't his most likely victims.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Once again, I think there is confusion about what Jamie Peck is saying vs. what Rie Rasmussen is saying. Jamie Peck is not claiming to be victimized, only that Richardson's behavior was totally off the charts, and that she basically went along with it because at the time she was surrounded by a roomful of Richardson's hangers-on and psycophants making it sound like this was just a regular day at the park.

Contrast that with Rie Rasmussen's accusations. Moreover, it is very clear by Richardson's reaction to Rasmussen (calling Rasmussen's agency to try to get her in trouble) that Richardson WOULD try to get a model fired or in trouble with her agency by not "going along with the program". This is the DEFINITION of sexual harassment.
    My bad...I did get "who said what" confused. And without a doubt it's sexual harrasment. If the girl who actually got him off isn't complaining about what transpired than I guess there is nothing to be said except the guy is a creep adn would be fired in any other line of work.

It figures that Lindsay Lohan's latest controversial photoshoots(remember the drugged out threesome in some motel?) were with this guy. I can totally see a whacked out Lohan " hanging out"with Richardson.

^^Wha???

--Sinclair Lewis

I think that there is an implied pressure. Look at it this way: It's a matter of a huge power differential. She's a teenage girl looking to break into a very hard, sought-after field. He's an older man with money, access, power and fame. Those two people are not on equal footing when it comes to power, and hence questions of consent are very much at play here.
    I agree that she isn't complaining as much as outing the guy. Apparently the girl in the blow job picture quit uni to work with him, travelled all over the world with him on jobs, thinking this would give her the opening she needed in the industry. He got bored with her and fired her quite suddenly.

I think anyone who uses their power, either openly or in an implied manner, is guilty of sexual harrassment at the very least. I hope this turns him into persona non grata, although I doubt it will. Kate Moss, et al will be coming out any second saying that they never had any trouble with him so it couldn't possibly be true, blantantly ignoring the fact that they too wield power in the industry so aren't his most likely victims.
    the way i see it, regardless of the power someone wields, if someone requests something of you, a legal adult, you have a choice. whether it's a blow job, a hand job or 150$ that is being asked of you, and the implied reward is a promotion, the publication of a picture of you by a famous photographer in a magazine or that part you want in a movie, you have a choice. and the minute you accept and fork over the 150$ or get on your knees and open your mouth, you also forfeit your right to be morally outraged and play the victim because you are no longer a victim, you are a willing participant in the dirty game, a co-conspirator. if you give someone a blow job for a part in a movie or a picture in a magazine, yes, the dick you're sucking belongs to a sexual harasser/pervert/asshole, but you're also a whore whose ambition was bigger than her (or his, this applies to males as well) sense of right and wrong.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information