Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: Model outs skeevy photographer Terry Richardson, well known creep

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

dont know who the fuck he is but that was a sick read

I kind of like some of his stuff but I have no problem believing this, he seems creepy
    "Well isn't that special"

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Buy their vibes? How does this actually happen? By the way, an American Apparel shop opened up here in Stockholm....looks like the crap we wore in the '80's, which makes sense, considering his age. Maybe he didn't get laid in the '80's so he's trying to make up time. The clothes are kind of meh. Swedes laugh at it, unless they're under 15...then they think it's cool. How sad.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    Buy their vibes? How does this actually happen? By the way, an American Apparel shop opened up here in Stockholm....looks like the crap we wore in the '80's, which makes sense, considering his age. Maybe he didn't get laid in the '80's so he's trying to make up time. The clothes are kind of meh. Swedes laugh at it, unless they're under 15...then they think it's cool. How sad.
    I know this 80's trend has got to go, I hate it!!
    "Well isn't that special"

I did it the first time around so can't go back for seconds. That would be a fashion crime.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    I get the impression that he tries to play it off as some kind of friendly gift. Below is a passage from a story about the environment that people accuse him of creating:
    In one lawsuit filed in May, two former employees allege that Charney subjected them to a "sexually hostile work environment," and that Charney's company and fellow executives "continually, repeatedly and purposely ignored the pervasive sexual harassment at American Apparel."
    A second lawsuit, also filed in May, accused Charney, among other things, of dropping his pants in front of female employees and conducting a job interview in his underwear. The women, who worked at the company for periods of nine months to nearly two years, allege that Charney gave employees vibrators, used derogatory language toward women and asked employees to masturbate with him.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

i hate it when old straight pervs trick you w/ their phony effeminate accents

So let me get this right...she jerked him off and now she is mad at him? Why didn't she walk away?
    "My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah." TEAM MILEY!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheONe View Post
    So let me get this right...she jerked him off and now she is mad at him? Why didn't she walk away?
    Going to agree with you here. This guy is obviously out of his got damn mind but I don't remember where in the article it says he stuck a gun to anyone's head telling them to give him a hand job/blow job or else...

Now, if the girls are underage, then that's a different story.

^Agreed but that doesn't seem to be the case here. The guy is a super perv but it seems like this girl was "willing to do anything" to get known.
    "My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah." TEAM MILEY!!

that. and yeah he's a skeevy asswipe but if you're a model and you still jerk him off because of pressure or because he's a famous photographer and you're afraid for your career if you say no, that's still your choice and your responsibility. it's the fashion industry, for fuck's sake, this is a milieu where eating disorders, drugs, pervy photographers and amorality are the norm. i have a hard time believing these girls don't know how it works. it's like going to hollywood to find a job as an actress and then acting like you don't know there's such a thing as a casting couch. not saying it's right, just that i have a hard time believing people are this naÔve.
    if you're 19 and some guy asks you to jerk him off you have the choice to walk away. sure, it might mean the famous photographer won't take your picture anymore but you have that choice. and if getting your picture taken is so important to you you're willing to jerk off terry richardson to achieve that, don't go complaining about it and acting like a victim years later.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by TheONe View Post
    ^Agreed but that doesn't seem to be the case here. The guy is a super perv but it seems like this girl was "willing to do anything" to get known.
    The thing is, in most lines of work, if it was found that you exposed yourself and solicited someone in the workplace for sexual contact - even if they agreed to it - you would probably be summarily fired, blackballed, and be subject to a lawsuit later.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    that. and yeah he's a skeevy asswipe but if you're a model and you still jerk him off because of pressure or because he's a famous photographer and you're afraid for your career if you say no, that's still your choice and your responsibility.
    Exactly! Stop talking so much sense! These chicks need to own the fact that they believed trading sexual favors/etc was not a problem if the outcome would lead them to landing a fashion magazine/print ad.

I think people are confusing stories here. Jamie Peck was not complaining about Richardson as much as just describing him as pervy.

Rie Rasmussen, on the other hand, is describing Richardson as doing something even more serious (Supermodel Rie Rasmussen SLAMS Fashion Photographer Terry Richardson, Calls Him A Coward
    Richardson, who recently shot the Pirelli 2010 calendar (NSFW pics at the link), upset Rasmussen by using photos of her in his "Terryworld" book that featured compromising images of underage girls. Rasmussen said, "He takes girls who are young, manipulates them to take their clothes off and takes pictures of them they will be ashamed of. They are too afraid to say no because their agency booked them on the job and are too young to stand up for themselves."
    According to Rasmussen, Richardson didn't respond to her remarks made at the fashion week party, but instead ran out of the bar and called her modeling agency the next day to complain. She called his actions "the most cowardly thing I have ever seen."
    Richardson's reps said they didn't know anything.

^^You got there before me Mohandas. She was jsut putting it out there since he's been doing this for years and often with young girls, some of whom are from overseas and don't speak the langauge well or whatever. I think it's great she did it. People in positions of power tend to get away with this kind of crap far too often.

--Sinclair Lewis

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information