Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Model Dies after Chiropractic Treatment, 34

Quote Originally Posted by travelbug View Post
    I don't believe in the modality, period. Give me a good massage therapist or even acupuncture (which can also be shady, in some cases they are promoting acupuncture as a solution for everything from wrinkles to weight loss).

I also have a problem with chiropractors giving wellness advice. Many of them sell nutritional supplements and weight loss products. That's complete BS.
    I really think there is something to massage therapy. Last night, Mrs. Mo went to bed around midnight, and I came to bed around 1:30. When I got in the room, it was completely dark, and she goes, "I'm still awake." That is my cue to massage her to sleep. Even though I have these catcher-mitt size hands, massaging people actually really wears out my hands. But it works for her every time, so you gotta do what you gotta do....
    panic likes this.

I love massage. My husband has great hands for it too. I'll pay now again for a pro, but really, he is better than some of them.
    MohandasKGanja, czb and panic like this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Elite Member

Well aside from the fact that touch of any kind has healing energy, the pushing on the muscles during massage brings blood flow to the injured area, which helps in healing.
    Bluebonnet, panic and Annika like this.

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    I love massage. My husband has great hands for it too. I'll pay now again for a pro, but really, he is better than some of them.
    I read something interesting, too, about massage and smoothing your skin. Basically, lymph glands can build up fluid that contributes to the cellulite look. When you massage skin and muscles vigorously, you can promote the drainage of the lymph fluid. Below is an article along those lines:

Anatomical distribution of tissue fluid and lymph in soft tissues of lower limbs in obstructive lymphedema—hints for physiotherapy - Servier - PhlebolymphologyServier – Phlebolymphology

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I read something interesting, too, about massage and smoothing your skin. Basically, lymph glands can build up fluid that contributes to the cellulite look. When you massage skin and muscles vigorously, you can promote the drainage of the lymph fluid. Below is an article along those lines:

Anatomical distribution of tissue fluid and lymph in soft tissues of lower limbs in obstructive lymphedema€”hints for physiotherapy - Servier - PhlebolymphologyServier €“ Phlebolymphology
    Yes, the lymphatic system doesn't have it's own pump. Muscle contractions help drain lymph. That doesn't necessarily mean formal exercise/weight training. Reciprocal arm swing when we walk pumps the lymph nodes in the arm pit area. Our legs moving when we walk pumps the nodes in the groin area.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information