Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Model Dies after Chiropractic Treatment, 34

Quote Originally Posted by Froogy View Post
    For sure I will not go back. I felt pressured to schedule two appointments afterwards and I've since cancelled both of them.
    Chiropractors are like the telemarketers of doctors.
    greysfang likes this.
    Cats are really just land based sharks in fur coats. - Kittylady

Oh wow! That story and most you guy's stories are scary. I've been thinking to going to a chiropractor as well. I have two herniated discs, and I suffer with Allodynia which was diagnosed by a neurologist and had an MRI. I feel there is no hope now and I will forever will be in pain.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    This guy did. He took cash only walk ins and kept almost zero medical records. When we were going through discovery they didn't even have a receipt for this guys cash payment. When we were done with the malpractice case he was still being looked at the justice department, IRS, and the medical licensing board for possible tax evasion, money laundering and not keeping medical records since his accounting lady said she never had any records of cash payments, which means he was pocketing them without declaring them even though there's a big ass sign in the waiting room that no insurance means cash up front, or something slightly more pleasant than that.
    Jesus. It is scary what people can still get away with. This guy sounds like my old boss if my old boss had been a chiropractor.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Chiropractic bollox is dangerous, expensive quackery. A few people may have had success with it but many more report no improvement whatsoever. A properly qualified physio is a much safer bet if you need some kind of manipulation.
    My family kept trying to talk me out of going and it was a desperate, last ditch effort for me, and I count myself as lucky, though maybe it wasn't the smartest decision I've ever made. And I also wonder through hindsight if maybe I just started feeling better enough that I was moving more, hence exercising more, and that's what helped, not all the cracking and manipulating. They told me that if you don't keep coming back, your spine would move back out of alignment and all the evil pain would come back, but that was at least 4 or so years ago, and while I still get back pain, it's never reverted to what was happening to me before. Nothing heat, rest, and stretching can't fix, knock on wood.
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Quote Originally Posted by kasippu View Post
    Me too. Had no idea. I have seen forever neckpain so I was contemplating visiting a chiropractor. Not anymore

I have chronic neck pain too and I finally tried accupuncture late last year when I reinjured it. My doc had suggested it years ago but for me it was in the category of woo-woo crap. But I finally tried it and I am vastly improved. It has also improved my migraines in that I don't get them quite so often. Its worth a shot.

At first I went twice a week because of the injury. Now I go twice a month for maintenance. My insurance paid for something like 12 treatments, but its pretty affordable to pay out of pocket, so I have continued. Now that I am a regular they only charge me $40 a visit instead of $75.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

A*O

I can vouch for acupuncture too and (surprise) was VERY sceptical beforehand. It took a few sessions but it worked and I haven't had even a twinge since.
    greysfang and MmeVertigina like this.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    For me, I find that a good massage or a visit to a physical therapist does wonders.
    yeah, massages are so therapeutic.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    To this day, I don't know how it helped, and have wondered if it was some kind of coincidence.
    that happened to me. somehow, all this guy did was gently, but firmly and very slowly, push his hand into the small of my back as i laid on my stomach, and almost instantly, it felt better. i don't know if that was just dumb luck or a fluke but that pain never came back.

but generally, the idea of cracking skeleton doesn't sound comforting or therapeutic to me. even though that guy's technique worked for me, and i really appreciated it, i get the same good results from a massage.
    "I would have gladly held my nose and did the right thing all damn day long to keep Trump out of the fucking White House and it wouldn't have butt hurt me at all."...gas_chick

I'm glad acupuncture was mentioned. I saw the difference when a friend stopped doing "natural chiropractic" and did acupuncture - all stress related - not injury related. What a world of good it did.

She saw this guy, Dr. Cliff Inkles. Dr. Cliff Inkles presents the Life Power Wellness Program -- About Dr. Cliff Just another asshole as far as I'm concerned. QUACK- QUACK - QUACK.

She begged me to go have one session to see what she was doing so I went. He tapped on my lower back for two minutes and hopped around from room to room with other patients instead of having a one on one for 45 minutes. When I went to pay the receptionist I was mad but more confused so I asked her to let me go back into the office to speak to him. I just asked him what was that? He said I'll feel the good effects tomorrow - trust me, with an oily smile. I must have said I will, huh? Yeah, okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    I'm glad acupuncture was mentioned. I saw the difference when a friend stopped doing "natural chiropractic" and did acupuncture - all stress related - not injury related. What a world of good it did.

She saw this guy, Dr. Cliff Inkles. Dr. Cliff Inkles presents the Life Power Wellness Program -- About Dr. Cliff Just another asshole as far as I'm concerned. QUACK- QUACK - QUACK.

She begged me to go have one session to see what she was doing so I went. He tapped on my lower back for two minutes and hopped around from room to room with other patients instead of having a one on one for 45 minutes. When I went to pay the receptionist I was mad but more confused so I asked her to let me go back into the office to speak to him. I just asked him what was that? He said I'll feel the good effects tomorrow - trust me, with an oily smile. I must have said I will, huh? Yeah, okay.
    i went to a chiropractor but i wouldn't let them touch my neck. mine did the same thing! they book every 15 minutes and the dude comes in with some sort of metal stick with a rubber end on it and proceeds to bang on my spine for a bit then pull my leg. said the same thing haha. good effects never happened.

My friend saw a chiro for over a yeas for hip pain. She reached a point where she gave up running and simply walking caused her extreme pain. She started saying how sometimes she would think she didn't want to live if it was going to be this bad (she really hated giving up running and all exercise). I used to get pissed and tell her to go to a fucking doctor and get diagnosed Subluxations (a chiro term) are not causing this pain!

Eventually she went to ortho who diagnosed bursitis. An injection into the hip and PT for some stretching and strength building and she is right as rain. All that time and $ wasted.

If you're going to use a chiro get a diagnosis first. Find out what it is and then determine if someone cracking your spine will help (it won't). Some of the modalities they use (heat, ice, massage, traction, etc ) can help but you can get the same effect from PT.
    sputnik likes this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

I don't think there is anything a chiropractor can do for herniated discs. I went to physical therapy for a while. I did feel better for a bit, but it isn't a cure. It's scary and I deal with pain multiple times a day. My baby is crawling now, so I have to chase after him with a messed up back. I'm afraid if I have surgery, I will need more and more.

I sometimes feel like that man in the commercial who is confined to his chair, and can't walk his dog, so his daughter has to do it.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

My skin is crawling from reading "spine cracking" so much.... ick.
    Annika likes this.

LOL, this cracks me up because I live in Chiropractic capital of the world, invented right here in Davenport IA, and the largest chiropractic school in the world is right here. I know TONS of chiropractors.

Ones that don't do medical history...quacks. Xrays are 50/50. They are taught in school to order xrays and schedule people to come in twice a week for weeks in order to raise revenue, so for me when someone does that, it's a total scam. A good chiro can tell what's going on without an xray.

Some chiros are total hippy dippy wackos who think any medicine is evil, vaccinations, etc...

I finally found a chiro we love. She's certified in sports medicine and other therapies, doesn't do xrays unless she deems it medically necessary, doesn't force you to schedule other appts, etc.... I go maybe 1-2 times per year, and my kids a few times per year. So when my oldest son's foot got run over by a car, we went to the emergency room, they said it wasn't broken, sent us on our way. But it still hurt and didn't feel right. So I stopped in to see Kay, and she has doctors rights at the hospital to pull up xrays, and she showed me his xrays. While his foot wasn't broken, the bones were all twisted and curvy as hell. So then we did do a treatment on his foot, she worked on getting the bones back in place, kinesio taped it and it's way better. So if you pick a chiro, they need to know their shit. Most good chiros here also offer massage and acupuncture and are either certified in those, or have people who are.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

I know someone who went to a chiropractor after a car accident and he kept telling her to come in twice a week. Around the 2nd week, he tried to cop a feel. She stopped going and reported him.
    Cats are really just land based sharks in fur coats. - Kittylady

There is a famous proverb that goes "If the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail."

I think of that saying frequently when the topic of chiropractors comes up. It's like a branch of medicine where every ache and pain in your body somehow goes back to your spine. I feel like this whole thing got folded into modern medicine in the same shady way that Scientology got its tax-free religion status.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    There is a famous proverb that goes "If the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail."

I think of that saying frequently when the topic of chiropractors comes up. It's like a branch of medicine where every ache and pain in your body somehow goes back to your spine. I feel like this whole thing got folded into modern medicine in the same shady way that Scientology got its tax-free religion status.
    I don't believe in the modality, period. Give me a good massage therapist or even acupuncture (which can also be shady, in some cases they are promoting acupuncture as a solution for everything from wrinkles to weight loss).

I also have a problem with chiropractors giving wellness advice. Many of them sell nutritional supplements and weight loss products. That's complete BS.
    Bluebonnet and MohandasKGanja like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information