Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Michigan Ass. AG wages homophobic campaign of harassment in his free time

Yep, local news is reporting that if this turd would like to return to his job, he will first face a disciplinary hearing.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

And I bet Mike Cox will vouch for him since "he was expressing his right to free speech"

You should have put money on that bet. "Cox initially said, as obnoxious as Shirvell's behavior seemed, there was nothing he could do about it. Outside of the office and off-hours, Cox said, his employee had free speech rights and civil service protection."

Last edited by twitchy2.0; October 1st, 2010 at 08:34 PM.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Cox is a twit. He has the perfect last name, only it's spelled incorrectly - "cocks".
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

I wish all of my friends' names coordinated with my daily activities! I guess I'm just not gay enough... yet.
    "Not only do we embrace it, we take it out for drinks, get it absolutely steaming drunk, leg hump it and then leave it covered in shaving foam and a stolen Chuck E Cheese outfit in its own bath with no recollection of how it got there." -Kittylady on the sad and pathetic and strange.

...and he's out of a job!

Cox fires Andrew Shirvell, says he used state resources in attack on gay student

Behavior wasn't appropriate, former assistant attorney general is told

By LORI HIGGINS
    FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER

Andrew Shirvell, the assistant attorney general under fire for his attacks on a University of Michigan student, has been fired.

Shirvell had been criticized for his blog in which he calls Chris Armstrong, the president of the Michigan Student Assembly, a radical homosexual, a Nazi and Satan’s representative on the assembly. Philip Thomas, Shirvell's attorney, had said his client is expressing his free-speech rights.

The firing was confirmed in a statement this afternoon from AG Mike Cox, who said Shirvell was fired for conduct unbecoming a state employee, especially that of an assistant attorney general.

“To be clear, I refuse to fire anyone for exercising their First Amendment rights, regardless of how popular or unpopular their positions might be. However, Shirvell repeatedly violated office policies, engaged in borderline stalking behavior, and inappropriately used state resources, our investigation showed.”

Among the examples cited by Cox in the statement:

• Showed up at the home of a private citizen three times, including once at 1:30 a.m. That incident is especially telling because it clearly was about harassing Armstrong, not engaging in free speech.

• Further engaged in behavior that, while not perhaps sufficient to charge criminal stalking, was harassing, uninvited and showed a pattern that was in the everyday sense, stalking.

• Harassing Armstrong's friends as they were socializing in Ann Arbor;

• Numerous calls to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's office, Armstrong's employer, in an attempt to slander Armstrong — and ultimately attempting to cause Pelosi to fire Armstrong;

• Attempting to "out" Armstrong's friends as homosexual — several of whom were not gay.

Cox said Shirvell engaged in his campaign against Shirvell on company time and posted attacks on Armstrong on the Internet while at work.

“Finally, Shirvell lied to investigating assistant attorneys general on several occasions during his disciplinary hearing.”
    A hearing that was supposed to be held Tuesday was moved up to this afternoon. Thomas, Shirvell's attorney, said he showed up for the meeting and was read one sentence.

“They said essentially that as a result of Andrew’s conduct, it’s become impossible for him to carry out his duties as an attorney general.”

Thomas said the attorney general’s office left a message on his office voice mail Saturday morning, telling him the hearing had been moved to this afternoon. He didn’t get the message until this morning.

Thomas said he is shocked and confused, saying he doesn’t know what could have happened between Friday afternoon, when the hearing began, and Saturday afternoon.

“This smells political to me,” Thomas said.

He said Shirvell has received excellent performance reviews from his bosses, and that his employers knew of Shirvell’s off-work activities.

“There’s been a tremendous piling on against Andrew. The liberal media started this tempest in a teapot.”

“Andrew’s reaction is that he’s devastated over the loss of his employment,” Thomas said.

Armstrong’s attorney, Deborah Gordon, issued a statement this afternoon in which she said the AG’s office made the correct decision. Gordon and Armstrong have filed complaints with the Michigan Grievance Commission, asking it to investigate Shirvell and possibly disbar him.

“The next step must be a complete retraction of all the malicious lies and fabrications by Mr. Shirvell, and a public apology to Chris Armstrong, his family and the others Mr. Shirvell has slandered.”

Gordon went on to say it’s time for Shirvell to realize there are consequences to his “reckless, outrageous statements and actions and that he is solely responsible for those consequences.”
    Other actions

Until now, Shirvell has won battles. Armstrong dropped a request for a personal protection order in Washtenaw court. The Washtenaw County Prosecutor’s office declined to file a stalking charge against Shirvell, saying that while Shirvell’s comments “are offensive and mean spirited,” they don’t meet the definition of harassment under Michigan’s stalking statute.

The University of Michigan also essentially lifted Shirvell’s ban from campus, allowing Shirvell on campus but requiring him to stay away from Armstrong.
    Cox fires Andrew Shirvell, says he used state resources in attack on gay student | freep.com | Detroit Free Press

I bet the little shit isn't looking so smug now.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Good!

I bet the little shit isn't looking so smug now.
    I don't think looking like a brain-dead creep like him would qualify as looking "smug".

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    I'm thinking self loathing deeply closeted gay guy. These gay haters always are. The truth will out.
    I've always thought the movie character of the extreme homophobic bigot who turns out to be a closet gay to be just another cliche. Yet, we have seen time and time again in real life all these hypocrites railing against gay rights and the like, end up being caught in gay affairs.

So I wouldn't be shocked if he were to one day reveal himself out of the closet.

"Armstrong dropped a request for a personal protection order in Washtenaw court. The Washtenaw County Prosecutor’s office declined to file a stalking charge against Shirvell, saying that while Shirvell’s comments “are offensive and mean spirited,” they don’t meet the definition of harassment under Michigan’s stalking statute."

This statement disturbs me. I think this Armstrong guy needs a restraining order - this asshole has shown up at his home at least 3 times, he stalks Armstrong and his friends publicly... he's now lost his job and you know he's going to blame Armstrong for that. This guy is going to need protection. What a fucking a joke this is - the attorney effing general said he was fired for "STALKING" for crying out loud!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Again, why do people have to push their agenda on others. Come on. So he does not agree with the student's life style. He should not attend any of their events. Case closed. To protest at the kid's house? Way over the line.

This goes both ways.

I am tired of people pushing their own personal beliefs and agendas on others.

This is why sometimes living on a island lighthouse only acessable only by a boat is my fantasy some days.

Quote Originally Posted by celeb_2006 View Post
    I've always thought the movie character of the extreme homophobic bigot who turns out to be a closet gay to be just another cliche. Yet, we have seen time and time again in real life all these hypocrites railing against gay rights and the like, end up being caught in gay affairs.

So I wouldn't be shocked if he were to one day reveal himself out of the closet.
    It's true for some and that may be the case with this stalking assface, but I also believe that some bigots are just hateful people that take pleasure in attacking others for living their lives differently; bigots also want to control how other people should live and they hate it when someone else doesn't conform to their world view.

He sounds like a jilted lover

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I agree with everyone who thinks he a repressed homosexual himself, and I'll bet the reason he's got such a hate hard-on for Armstrong is that he finds him very attractive and its sent him headfirst into a binge cocktail of repressed lust, deep denial and rampant self loathing.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Andrew Shirvell Ordered to Pay Millions in Damages for Defaming Gay Student | Advocate.com

Andrew Shirvell Ordered to Pay Millions for Defaming Gay Student
    The former Michigan assistant attorney general made repeated headlines for his attacks on his alma mater's gay student body president. Now he's paying the price.

The Michigan assistant attorney general who lost his job after tormenting a gay student body president has been ordered to pay $4.5 million in damages, local news media reports.

Andrew Shirvell was fired in 2010 after repeatedly harassing gay University of Michigan student Chris Armstrong via blog postings. He was even accused of stalking him — which led to being temporarily banned from campus.

On "Chris Armstrong Watch," Shirvell claimed Armstrong pushed a "radical homosexual agenda," called him a Nazi and a representative of Satan. All of that led to Armstrong's defamation lawsuit in 2011. And The Detroit Free Press reports that a jury in U.S. District Court today ordered Shirvell to pay $4.5 million in damages.

The Associated Press reported before the trial that Shirvell had been offered a deal — apologize and all charges would be dropped. But Shirvell refused and the case went forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

Good. Jackass.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information