Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: May 20th: Everybody Draw Mohamed Day

Quote Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
    It's about telling these overzealous murderous psychos to take their sensitivities about their fantasy gods & prophets & shove them up their fanatical fundy asses. As long as people continue to appease & pacify them it only encourages them to keep bringing teh krazy.

You know, I am starting to agree with this. I am starting to see that there are some aspects of this faith that really are dangerous. I am always trying to keep my mind open, but out of all the faiths in the world, I don't see people bending over backward to any of them like the Muslim faith. Their fundies are more frightening than fundies of other faiths....because they don't mess around. They aren't just telling everyone they will go to hell....the threat is immediate and worldly.

I have been researching and trying to learn more about the Muslim faith, but at the end of the day, it is still just another religion, and still has the potential to cause a LOT of damage and destruction in the name of make-believe. Why should everyone be afraid and feel like they have to have a constant censor on for the Muslims?
    Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I don't think their fundies are more scary, I just think they're more direct. Hell, the fundie in America may not kill you outright (or least not all of them) but they sure as hell will fuck with your life so much you'll wish you were dead.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

^ I think Theo VanGogh would argue that it's not quite the same thing.

Then why did she send the cartoon to the media in the first place?

"Because I'm an idiot," Norris replied.
    You are not an idiot, honey. You are a weasel, a weakling of the worst kind. You allow your freedom, and that of all ‘free’ artists to be squelched by fear.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I guess what I'm saying is that fundies in the States kill those who they don't agree with as well. Abortion doctors would be one example, but more importantly they are slowly chipping away at liberties and that is truly scary.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Quote Originally Posted by Algernon View Post
    You know, I am starting to agree with this. I am starting to see that there are some aspects of this faith that really are dangerous. I am always trying to keep my mind open, but out of all the faiths in the world, I don't see people bending over backward to any of them like the Muslim faith. Their fundies are more frightening than fundies of other faiths....because they don't mess around. They aren't just telling everyone they will go to hell....the threat is immediate and worldly.

I have been researching and trying to learn more about the Muslim faith, but at the end of the day, it is still just another religion, and still has the potential to cause a LOT of damage and destruction in the name of make-believe. Why should everyone be afraid and feel like they have to have a constant censor on for the Muslims?
    I agree with all of this. I do think people are more afraid of Muslim fundamentalists even if they won't admit it b/c it isn't politically correct to say so. They'd rather act as if they just don't want to offend them out of 'respect' (which oddly enough doesn't seem to extend to other religious groups like Christians and Jews that most liberals have no issue putting down all the time) when really they're just afraid of getting their fucking heads cut off. Oh yeah, and maybe b/c Muslims are perceived as being 'brown' people and so detractors fear being labeled racist. That has always been ironic to me when you consider just how many Christians of all denominations are black or Hispanic....Christianity still gets perceived as the 'white' religion. Yes, I hate Christians nutjobs,too, but I do not fear random attacks from them on the same scale. Also, Christian nations (whatever that is) don't have their governments sanctioning fucked up shit like stoning rape victims to death or publicly hanging homosexuals (even if they secretly wish they could).

I would participate but my drawing sucks so badly you wouldn't be able to tell my Mohammed from the Pillsbury Doughboy.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

They fucking backed out? Chickenshit losers.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    I agree with all of this. I do think people are more afraid of Muslim fundamentalists even if they won't admit it b/c it isn't politically correct to say so. They'd rather act as if they just don't want to offend them out of 'respect' (which oddly enough doesn't seem to extend to other religious groups like Christians and Jews that most liberals have no issue putting down all the time) when really they're just afraid of getting their fucking heads cut off. Oh yeah, and maybe b/c Muslims are perceived as being 'brown' people and so detractors fear being labeled racist. That has always been ironic to me when you consider just how many Christians of all denominations are black or Hispanic....Christianity still gets perceived as the 'white' religion. Yes, I hate Christians nutjobs,too, but I do not fear random attacks from them on the same scale. Also, Christian nations (whatever that is) don't have their governments sanctioning fucked up shit like stoning rape victims to death or publicly hanging homosexuals (even if they secretly wish they could).

I would participate but my drawing sucks so badly you wouldn't be able to tell my Mohammed from the Pillsbury Doughboy.

Artisitic ability is not the point and does not matter. Draw a stick figure if nothing else-by labeling it as Mohammed you are expressing your freedom of speech, expression, striking a blow against fear and intimidation by religious zealot nutjobs who would have at least two thirds of the world population disenfranchised, jailed, killed, abused, etc. if they had their will.

It is perfectly ok for them to be offended by these depictions, that is their right. But they have no right to kill anyone for making these depictions, and imposing their beliefs about this subject on others, particularly those who are not believers of the same religion. Their religion does not dominate everything in this world and does not trump basic human rights and civil liberties guaranteed by this country and others.

What they do in their idiotic backward theocracies is not the point here-they do NOT and will not control what we do here in civilized nations. And these same assholes say that we are out to destroy Islam, yet they want a world caliphate and want to impose their religion and its most extreme beliefs on the rest of the world. And they dare bitch about these 'images' or whatever.

In short, fuck them!

(((itghjeohtgoirh)))
    ********8ojgi8a
    ***o0000jjjjooj
    p p
    p p
    p p

^^ this is my current 'drawing' of Mohammed. Skinny legs on him, huh?
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Your religious sensibilities do not give you the right to murder people who offend them.

That's what this is about.
    I'm on board!! They need to stop taking themselves so seriously.

.. besides, everybody knows that the only REAL god is the Flying Spaghetti Monster

I mean, come on.. a hebrew zombie who wants to you eat his body and drink his blood? Some desert caveman who heard voices in his head? A guy who chiseled out a bunch of rules on some rocks after some tree that was on fire told him to? A TALKING TREE??

Yeah, real sound bases for religious worship in comparison.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

^^Remember that there were several sets of tablets. No one's sure which are the 'real' ones. Booga booga!

--Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Algernon View Post
    I am always trying to keep my mind open, but out of all the faiths in the world, I don't see people bending over backward to any of them like the Muslim faith. Their fundies are more frightening than fundies of other faiths....because they don't mess around.
    I'm totally pc in my hatred of fundies. Meaning, I disagree with this. I find those Christian fundies who kill homosexuals and bomb abortion clinics equally scary. The Muslim fundies just happen to have supporters with unlimited resources. Imagine the fundies in the Southern US with Saudi oil money! They'd bomb all of us to hell and back.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    I'm totally pc in my hatred of fundies. Meaning, I disagree with this. I find those Christian fundies who kill homosexuals and bomb abortion clinics equally scary. The Muslim fundies just happen to have supporters with unlimited resources. Imagine the fundies in the Southern US with Saudi oil money! They'd bomb all of us to hell and back.
    But the point is, they aren't. Nor are they out killing gays on some mass scale even if they loudly make verbal insults and condemnation. Now do I think many of them would do more of this stuff if they could? Yes, but they aren't and it's largely in part because our laws would punish them harshly for any act of violence and they know it.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    .. besides, everybody knows that the only REAL god is the Flying Spaghetti Monster

I mean, come on.. a hebrew zombie who wants to you eat his body and drink his blood? Some desert caveman who heard voices in his head? A guy who chiseled out a bunch of rules on some rocks after some tree that was on fire told him to? A TALKING TREE??

Yeah, real sound bases for religious worship in comparison.
    I love the Flying Spaghetti Monster Deity.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

We've been checking out the pictures online, they're already flowing in. Some are legitimately really funny, but I think a good percentage of them are just exposing a massive amount of xenophobia (like the ones who state "Muslims not wanted here! Go home! Stay out of Europe!", etc.) I think it was a good idea in theory, but in reality I think it's also given a refuge to racists who just want to spout their rhetoric in a "safe" setting. That's why I wasn't all about this in the first place, I knew that's where it was going to go sooner or later. That said, my husband and I were laughing at quite a few - until we got to the really sad ones. The majority of these aren't pointing out hypocrisy in Islam as much as they're saying (either bluntly or not) that they hate Muslims (not Muhammad) and that they aren't welcome, and I saw a few that actually implied that we should round up all the Muslims and kill them. It makes me really ashamed, both as an American and a non-Muslim. It took a really wrong turn, and it was quite obvious that it was going to do so. I'm really depressed today about all of this, just the fact that we needed a "Draw Mohammad" day in the first place, and that it proved to be a day where non-Muslims got together to gang up on Muslims to tell them to "go home." I'm depressed. I told my husband to stop checking them out a few seconds ago after I saw the one that said "PISS BE UPON ALL OF THEM" with images of the US blowing up Mecca and Muslim children and the like, it just got to be too much for me.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information